Baki Dou 188 translation

fuckin had enough of Itagaki's recent cryptic crap
let's get this fuckin over with
oh, also, anime is confirmed for Summer 2018; here's hoping someone rips it from Jap Netflix before it comes out on not-Jap Netflix the following fucking season

Chapter 188: Achievement

"ooh, coming soon to a netflix near you"
"first public key visual" and all that shit

>Motobe: "Fight" is written as "war".
>M: Fighting with bows and arrows, swords, and spears...
>M: Was the pinnacle form of close-quarters warfare.

>M: Modern warfare, in which neither side so much as sees the enemy's face, is impossibly different.
>M: Try to imagine...
>M: The field of an ancient war.

I wonder if Netflix will do a simulcast outside Japan like Violet.

>M: Countlessly crossing blades,
>M: Shoving back the enemy,
>M: Becoming surrounded,

>M: Cutting,
>M: Stabbing,
>M: Dashing,
>M: Striking,

I'm not sure that I know what you mean but, if you're asking if it'll be available on not-Jap Netflix at the same time as the Japanese release, the answer is verified to be no.

>M: Bifurcating,
>M: Stamping upon,
>M: Leaping,
>M: Beheading,
>M: And crying out -

>M: Even on battlegrounds like that, that man...
>M: Aptly held the title of "unrivaled under heaven".

TN: "Man", here, is written with the kanji for "[honourable or dignified] man".

>M: That a bare-handed Musashi...
>M: Would be "easy to handle" -
>M: A miracle like that...
>M: Has no hopes of coming true.

>Narrator: The neural signal which is transmitted before the 0.5 seconds of conscious thought.

>N: Seizing that of before the 0.5 seconds of conscious thinking,
>N: And suppressing the causative brain -
>N: A battle of masters...

TN: No, I don't know.

>M: He baited him...

>M: He took a bite...
>M: From that bait...!!!

End chapter.

Oh, and Itagaki sez was some snark about bird flu showing up in Hokkaido on New Year's. I dunno the context, so I didn't bother.

are the tranlations for grappler baki coming back any time soon? I know thereÅ› the anime but i love the early art plus god knows how censorship the anime has compared to the manga

DOPPO BEST BAKI

Man i remember being excited for the Musashi pose initially but he does it so fucking often that it's lost all it's luster.

Not him but Im still going to scan some of the old volumes famalam, just never got to do it

His forearm looks like a giant foot

Truth be told, I'd really rather just write the script for it here, whenever I have the time.

A major part of what discourages me (and me alone) from working on the Grappler translations is the fact that Wild Fang has had their Grappler scanlation done for some years now. If their translation is accurate, and our team spends the next two years or whatever working on over 20+ more volumes of Grappler material, and then they publicly release theirs, we'll have totally wasted a lot of effort. And I don't feel that that would be fair to any of us. That's why I'm not making a significant active effort in translating Grappler Baki.

The *problem* is that there is nobody else who seems to be willing to translate any part of Baki. If Arstavial or Spiny (or both) came back, we'd be able to split the work, and chapters of everything would come out regularly again. But, as of now, it's just me translating. And I simply don't have the time or energy to translate and typeset 3 chapters a week. If any one of you might be able to look for help for us, I would love that more than anything.

Ahh, and there's still the issue of finding a new place to upload, what with batoto. Would you guys be willing to accept mega? I really don't want to have to start a blogspot website or whatever.

has there ever been a case where doing a leaping kick like that turns out well

>doppo did it and got btfo by musashi
>retsu did it and got btfo by musashi
>baki did it and got btfo by mushashi
>fujimaki did it and got btfo by himekawa

Doppo vs Ali Jr comes to mind.

Is the same panel from the first baki-Yujiro fight, my prediction: musashi take a sword to make the final blow, jack jump in the arena and sacrifice is live to save baki

No, I think the gag is that Baki is baiting Musashi. It's the same 'knocked out after getting hit once' crap.

Kamen Rider