Who's oldfag here? Let's talk about good ol'days

Who's oldfag here? Let's talk about good ol'days.

I miss those threads. Time flies by so fast. Summer 2016.

I watched my first anime in 1985, when I was 5 years old. Speed Racer, I think.

Is that old school enough?

Go take your pills, grandpa.

I always look forward to the yearly rozen thread on Sup Forums.

You'll have to cut my pills in half, then crush them and feed them to me in applesauce so as not to harm my sensitive gums.

I like it.

in the past few years it seems "oldfag" has aquired a new meaning, meaning people who are older than ~35.
so which do you mean?

I'm still mad the fansubbers bailed at the first mention of Nyo getting licensed and then nothing came for years. I'm still not sure there's a decent release.

>you are now aware the majority of posters on Sup Forums came here after the year 2012

Remember, desu is just used spelled backwards.

Same guy.

I also remember when this first started airing in the USA.

FIGHT ME.

hokke mirin is kawaii

And it's still way better than Sup Forums. How do you guys do it, Sup Forums? They may as well nuke that board and nothing of value would be lost. Not anymore. Also Kanaria a best.

I've been here since 2015. Time sure flies...

Oh, right. I'm also still mad a.f.k. dropped Animal Yokocho.

>2015
>oldfag
Choose one.

Sup Forums has lost some of its "charm" but it is nowhere near othrr boards. Sup Forums, Sup Forums and /x/ might as well be different places now.

Good old mid 80s, watching St Seiya and collecting stickers for my Panini album.

where can I find a guide to fan subbing? Or manga translating? I know Japanese and I want to get into it

Sup Forums's not so bad. They've spent the entirety of today mocking Nintendo for selling cardboard to children.

The Sup Forums-/jp/ split could have been handled better, I can't answer exactly how as I don't remember the events leading up to the split. I speculate in what would have happened if there was some sort of anime/general circlejerk board created instead. The early /きらら/ threads on were pretty sweet.

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESUDESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESUDESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESUDESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESUDESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Do you really need a guide? All you actually need is notepad. Write down what you read or heard (optionally when and where), multiple translations if ambiguous or multiple meanings. e.g. Aegisub for subbing anime, just learn by working the program. I'm certain you'll run into someone giving you pointers when you need them.

thanks the program is all I need really didn't know it exists

Are desu combos still bannable?

>edgy serious adult anime for edgy serious adult kids such as myself
Some things I would like to forget, fuck you user.

desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu

Godspeed, user.

nothing new. they spend the entirety of their lives mocking nintendo

First official anime that I bought was a VHS of Blue Seed, Episodes 1-4. Back before online streaming even existed. Pretty lewd for a first anime, but the owner of the video store said I would like it if I loved anime.

Elfen Lied legitimately wasn't that edgy outside of like the first episode and some character backstories. That fan comic is WAY more edgy.

And the manga ending is a masterpiece of literary triumph. Most people watched it so they didn't get the magesty that was seeing the male lead kills female lead, villain becomes a woman post redemption arc, and female lead reincarnates into a harem for male lead's daughter.

> I don't remember the events leading up to the split
Touhou highjacks
visual novel threads
3DPD threads (seiyuus, idols and JAV)

Keep saying desu, maybe some day your will turn Japanese.

JIBUN WOOOO

Jum, pour the me.

>15 years later you still haven't learned japanese

>that feel when I actually am slowly learning Japanese purely through osmosis
I remembered the Japanese word for dear today while trying to reverse engineer shitty machine translations in my head.

Remember when Sup Forums was good?

Sup Forums was never good, it was fun but never good

We should ban Naruto again.