Will the sequel suck?

Will the sequel suck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jyjh8McQVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why wouldn't it? It's just a quick nostalgia cashgrab. Those always suck

I hope it's bad enough to be laughable at least.

A best it'll be sub par. There will still be some pretty good music
I'm not going to watch it so it doesn't kill my love of the original

>good music
Tried to listen to The Pillows recently while cleaning out my music library. Maybe I just have shit taste but I didn't like their music like at all. At least it didn't stand out to me.

Since everyone knows nothing can compete the long-lost celluloid style and the nostalgia, I appreciate their courage.

Wonders don't happen on request. Moreover, production team makes it clear that funding source never requested wonder.

It will be a real 'toss of the coin' this far out from air date!

I like the look of the new main male character. I just hope he's not shoved to the back by the bland waifus.

My bad, it's not cel at all. Sorry.

Jap music always gets overrated here. Doesn't mean they don't have good stuff, but most of it is pretty mediocre. Look at how people obsess over Kaiji's OST which is good, don't get me wrong, but not noteworthy imho to warant such a holding to most people's minds.

I have plenty of jap music in my library (including OSTs). It's just that they're bringing The Pillows back for Season 2 & 3 which bothers me.

>I have plenty of jap music in my library
Hope this is included there
youtube.com/watch?v=0jyjh8McQVc
Well, the Pillows did make the music for the first season as well, didn't they? They were a nice fit.

>hope this is included
It's not. Maybe I just have shit taste.

Rectify that mistake immediately user, shit's good.

What's the point if I can't understand it? There's likely to be an English equivalent out there somewhere. Maybe even 100s.

>What's the point if I can't understand it?
>listens to music for the lyrics
You are triggering my Sup Forumstated psyche.

Lyrics are part of the song just like any other part is. Vocals are definitely important to me

Yes, without a doubt

I believe it will suck as much as Eureka seven AO

Friendly reminder that it will have The Pillows in it and spiky seeds seems fine as fuck.

>Vocals are definitely important to me
Just enjoy the harmonies bro, I literally came to this album as we speak.

It's not like I dislike them. It's just that it doesn't seem all too special to me.

Most likely.

>It's just that it doesn't seem all too special to me.
I am overselling it but it's some pretty good music.
You are allowed to like different things.

It will be garbage, original was good because music/ high quality animation/ decent script.

I'm not saying it's bad. Or that I dislike it. Please do keep that in mind. I suppose I do prefer more fast paced stuff so you're right.

well if it has the pillows that's half the battle right there
now they just need to leave out the SJW pandering bullshit from this generation and have a good studio work on it and bam.
because the whole thing is about transitioning from child to adulthood, so yeah, pretty hard to fuck that up.
but we all know it might be complete utter garbage.
so we'll wait and see.

Yes. Move along.

I hope it's good. I'm gonna watch it anyway, but it'd be nice if Tsurumaki were more hands-on.

Most likely.
I will still watch it religiously like a battered house wife of course

Yep. It looks that way through sheer talent and effort.

>SJW pandering bullshit
In anime?

It will be like Space Dandy

Aka, it'll be very very good, but we will all pretend to hate it

Even if it doesn't suck we will say it sucks anyway.

It's so strange to see a disagreement go amicably on Sup Forums

Is there really going to be a sequel after all this time?

It might be in the dub

It's honestly hard for me to imagine how you'd give FLCL out of all things an SJW dub.

Long answer: Yes.

Short answer: Yes.

Music is just in a much more favorable position than anime.

No, the trailer looks pretty good. The pillows ost is gonna be amazing!

It'll be alright. Normies will love it as it airs on Toonami or whatever Adult Swim has for an anime slot.

Honestly, I loved the original, but I see nothing worth making a sequel out of with this series. Doesn't the whole show end with a universe wipe? There's no reason to continue. The story was fully wrapped. Just let it be.

Could it be a prequel?

Definitely not when signs are pointing to pic related being the MC of the original.

Not to mention the new main character has fucking LED headphones when the original barely had flip phones.

Well, shit.

Not to mention that season two AND three were announced simultaneously with Adult Swim being half of the production team.

If FLCL2 is hot garbage, just wait for FLCL3 to roll right after.

That's not Naota. His name is Ide.

>tfw it will be hot garbage
>tfw it will still feel like a breath of fresh air because anime is that generic

eyebrows

The original is garbage so...

Reminder 90% of the people in this thread were probably 5 years old or less when FLCL came out.

It's confirmed to be a sequel.
Naota won't be in it though.

I didn't really like this show anyways in the first place.

Are you retarded?