Is the new Godzilla movie any good?

Is the new Godzilla movie any good?
It came out on Netflix yesterday.

The cel shaded CGI looks like shit to me, but the story seems interesting.

Not bad for a start, since it's a trilogy, but could be better. But that's true for a lot of Godzilla movies, so go for it if you're interested.

IPPIKI WO KOROSU
Watch it

Why is Harou so mad?

It's the food.

Or lack of it

I hate people like OP.
Why not just watch it yourself? What's wrong with new generation?

It's ok. There's some intriguing setup for the future, but everything in the movie itself is petty boring.

Does anyone else think Godzilla looks uninteresting. He kinda just looks like a lump of clay in the shape of Godzilla.

Also, what the hell us up with Japs recently making Godzilla stupidly overpowered?

Only if you watch it dubbed.

>He kinda just looks like a lump of clay in the shape of Godzilla
Not enough exercise for 20 000 years.

>Not enough exercise for 20 000 years.
>looks as swole as an ox
Philius has been hitting the gym hard.

It's fat tissue.

Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

what do you even know about Godzilla.

Enough to know that Filius' muscle tissue is outside, and is also hard as shit.
Care to share what you know?

That Setsuna F Seiei scream when he's in the little mech.

Just watched it. It was better than I expected since i expected it to be absolute dogshit because of the studio. The reveal of True Godzilla was kino. It was disappointing that we didn't see any other giant monster aside from Godzilla (maybe Godzilla killed them all already). Also, the CGI was kinda shit but it didn't bother me too much.

It was pretty solid. Would have been a lot better if Polygon wasn't the animation studio. At least the direction, story and voice acting were enough to distract me from how badly they animate people.

>The reveal of True Godzilla was kino
So is this just Shin Godzilla?

It's okay. There was nothing that was complete shit, but the first half had a lot of boring stuff. Ending makes up for it though. Can't wait for them to fix Mecha Godzilla.

I mean, if Mecha Godzilla counts as another giant monster. Then get ready for the next movie.

He's gonna be tiny compared to real Godzilla.

I'm halfway atm and bored as fuck.

Just watched it. No idea why Chrom was so hellbent on reclaiming the Earth after the commander said everything was poison and useless to humans.

Not really, he's just a Godzilla that has been growing for 20,000 years and he's op as fuck. The one they are fighting in the movie was just an offspring.

How are the coalition gonna beat that?
>inb4 Mecha G
Unless they make Mecha G bigger, it's getting stomped by Earth

He's gonna be a super fast Mecha Godzilla, dodging Itano circus atomic breath.

Perhaps one of those weird growing machines?

Mecha G and Mothra. The girl at the end is either a Moth Cultist or Mothra herself. This whole thing is either going to be Earth S.O.S. or Ghidorah will show up form space and he and BigG will die fighting each other.

What would Godzilla Earth look like as a kaiju girl?

Thicc, tall, christmas cake, mommy

How Godzilla can have an offspring if he's the only one of his race ?

Thicc tomboy

>not THICC mega MILF

Cell division, apparently. Not sure how they're going to explain, if they even decide to.
One thing for certain is Biollante is involved to some degree

>300m

that's not Earth right? they said Earth was rising above 300m

I think it's baby Godzilla Earth

Watched it earlier today and was very pleasantly surprised. The CG looks substantially better than other recent fully-CG shows I've seen, even if that still amounts to it being ugly as hell. Godzilla is introduced early and is the major antagonist. The characters were likable and there was no retarded romance or drama subplot wasting our time, all the conflict served the purpose of heightening the stakes of the conflict with Godzilla himself.

Only complaints is that Godzilla was very passive and mostly just walked forward, and that the movie isn't complete since it will have sequels. Overall a good time, if the sequels don't drop the ball I'll end up holding it in fairly high regard.

So Godzilla has a built-in electromagnetic shield. And power to make things explode because reasons.

Wings when ?

>here's your godzilla user

Fitzilla always look even more retarded

I think it's pretty obvious the aliens were lying about their planet being destroyed by a black hole. They either lost it to some form of Godzilla (that they refer to as King of Destruction at the end), or to Ghidorah/some other kaiju.

Were the religious aliens the ones that got their planet sucked by a black hole or was it the ones that built Mechagodzilla?

They're the same thing man, there's only one group of aliens.

Never trust aliens. You know they'll have a big ship with Ghidora in it. Will it be a Monster X that turns into Ghidora again though?

Bilubisado (black aliens) said their planet got sucked in by a black hole
Exifs (religion nuts) are a traveling race. They don't have a home planet (but they might and they're lying about it)

Could be, I think the Exifs are more likely for that though. The second alien backstory is almost the same as the Simians in the OG G vs MechaG where they came trying to conquer earth after their planet was destroyed by an expanding black hole. The Bisliuds or whatever they were called came to earth after their planet was destroyed by a black hole, but promised to kill BigG by making MechaG but they weren't able to get it working in the movie.

Could a Giant God Warrior beat Godzilla Earth?

Wait, what? From where I gathered the black guys with weird eyelashes were just a variant of the Exifs. Where do they separate them as a different species of alien, I might have missed that.

Will they use Mechagodzilla eventually?

Will Harou become Jet Jaguar?

The next movie teaser poster has MechaG on it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how far is autistic rage will take him. I'm betting he's going to like the Moth girl who may or may not be Mothra. She will then die immediately in a fight as Mothra does and Haruo will transcend hate.

What's wrong with asking someone's else opinion before watching something? That's the whole point of reviewers. Is your time worth so little you'll throw away 2 hours on anything that remotely interests you with no filter?

Bilusaludo Aliens:
>lost their home, the third planet of its system, to a black hole, and come to earth hoping for a new home
>build Mechagodzilla to destroy Godzilla and possibly conquer the earth
>commander is named Mulu-Elu Galu-Gu, the original black hole commander was named Mugal
Literally the simians, don't trust them too far.

>ORE GA MECHAGOJIRA DA!

I had to watch the movie again to understand the alien distinctions.
Exifs are the nomad race with predictive future tech. I think the mother ship thing is their tech, along with the hover crafts, not sure though.
Bilubusado are a different alien race with their planet sucked by a black hole. They're also the race that built Mecha G.

Aliens are never to be trusted in the Godzilla universe

I don't trust either. I'm betting the Exifs are Xilians and their "God" is actually Ghidorah whom they lead to planets to destroy or something.

Exif Aliens
>claim to have lost their home world
>claim to have seen many other races lose their worlds to kaiju
>arrive offering help when kaiju siege the world
>main Exif is named Metphies, similar to Mephistopheles, and refers to Godzilla with near-religious awe

The first movie with the Xiliens had them take earth's monsters to save their world from Ghidorah, then revealed they were rusing earth and demanded submission. The second movie with them had them arrive when all monsters attack at once, save the world, and attempt to take over earth by replacing its leader. They decide to stop rusing and unleash all the monsters, which are under their control. I 1000% expect the Exif to betray humanity here.
I'm pretty fucking sure we're getting Ghidorah for the finale.

I see, I did find it weird how they addressed each other during the council meetings. Thanks.

Think he will make a Godzilla Earth or Shin Godzilla monster girl anytime soon?

>How are the coalition gonna beat that?
>defeating a force of nature in an Urobuchi work
They wont. The MC and aliens already fucked the human race.

We can only hope. How long did it take to get G2014? I never thought to look until seeing this one.

I liked it. Part 2 is going to be sweet.

The huge one is Godzilla Earth
The one on the far right is Godzilla Filius

I thought it was pretty good. The second half was absolutely fantastic and the post credits got me hyped for the sequels.

My only real gripe would be that the script felt too expositionary and I couldn't get invested in the characters-- too many are introduced at once and they all look so similar it was hard trying to tell them apart.

>that Ghidorah
Stop making me want to fuck literal monsters

Why couldn't they get MechaG to start? Not enough power, long boot up time which PapaG interrupted,Betrayal?

Sequels user.

Because his contract was for the second movie, silly.

I wonder if they'll even try to explain how machinery that is 20.000 years old still works.

God, I want Final Wars levels of kaiju fuckery in next parts.

Ghidorah girl has three different personalities instead of heads.

>giv kaiju gf

I think there's a theory going around that it activated but only partially so it has been growing in the 20k years also. They may use parts of dead Goji to activate it as well like Kiryu, and we all know how that ended up.

>Built by aliens with nano-metal tech

So they're both athletic girls?

>machine
>growing
Well, that'd just be retarded. Hopefully they do something like using the old one as a model to build a larger version, maybe copying the shield mechanism they've discovered in the real thing.

I just noticed that Destoroyah on the bottom there

2014 should be T H I C C

>technology and power advanced enough for FTL travel
>traveling into far space instead of just terraforming moon or mars

>Next parts
user the fuckery already happened in Monster Apocalypse (the prequel novel). The monster for it is.

Kamacuras
Kumonga
Dogora
Hedorah
Gabara
Dagahra and Barem
Orga
Megalon
Gezora
Kamoebas
Ganimes
Giant Octopus
Manda
Anguirus, Varan, Baragon (appear together in a cute reference to the unmade movie)
Maguma
Megaguirus
Rodan
Goten and two other ships (震天 and 驚天, Shinten and Kyoten?)
Satsuma equipped with the D-03
Biollante
G-Force
Space Titanium
Type-38 Mobile Combat Uniform Jaguar J (Jet Jaguar reference)
Super-X
Super-X2
Underground Combat Vehicle Moguera
Zilla
Gorosaurus
G-HED (Gunhed)
Jan de Bont's Gryphon

The second movie is called "Godzilla: Battle Mobile Breeding City" or "Godzilla:The City Mechanized for the Final Battle". I think MechaG is gonna be Xbox Hueg somehow.

I hope ShinG or EarthZ are thicc if the artist ever makes them

People VASTLY underestimate how insanely difficult terraforming something is, dude.

>when you eat too many skyscrapers

Damn it. I want to see it animated.
No Ebirah, huh

It wasn't terrible but Jesus fuck I can't care about any of the characters. Dialogue was horrible too.

>Godzilla: Breeding City

Yes. I watch anime after all.

stroking their dick over plot powercreep
they did the same thing with Mazinger

I wish there was an Irys monster girl

That's honestly what they should've animated, but that project would cost a ton of money

You're telling me that three different intelligent species, all with supremely advanced levels of technology, couldn't have made the Moon or the Mars a place to live on? Come on, man. That one plot point was absolutely retarded.

It's literal shit. The time I spent watching this trash I could have been used having sex with a 3dpd woman. That's how bad the movie was.

Not when all three are short on resources.

>Godzilla skipped arm day but went balls to the walls for every other day.