Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

This show is even worse than ARC-V Post Synchro arc and if you like it you should feel bad.

Episode 37: 我が母なる樹 – Waga Hahanaru Ju
(The Motherly Tree)
Playmaker uses his ace monster, Excode Talker, to counter Spectre’s Sun Vines. In order to finish Playmaker off, Spectre evolves his Sun Avalon into its ultimate form. Having driven Playmaker into a corner, Spectre delivers the finishing blow against him...

Script: 広田光毅 || Hirota Mitsutaka
Storyboard: 髙田昌宏 || Takada Masahiro
Direction:: 髙田昌宏 || Takada Masahiro
Animation Director(s): 荏原裕子, 横田明美 || Ebara Yuko, Yokota Akemi

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1130570/0b76120bbe/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Hitofuki
ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Hono
ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Kumori
ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Mirakuru
ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Shinsei
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Specter please, kick Yusaku's ass finally

I dont even know what's going on. All I know is that the purple/pink haired chick is hot and the sole reason for me to care about this show. Despite me not even watching it.

kill go already

Mediocrity isn't worse than shit, you delusional arcfag.

It's just boring so far, Arc V was painful in its later stages because the quality was so drastically lower compared to the first 50 episodes.

>This show is even worse than ARC-V Post Synchro arc and if you like it you should feel bad.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Integration summon!
exhentai.org/g/1130570/0b76120bbe/

shitposting in shit op

In last thread i posted about help with refining a dark deck. Making good on my promise to share current build for anyone is interested in giving input.

-1x Jinzo
-1x Battle Fader
-1x Magician of Faith
-1x Obelisk the Tormentor
-1x Dark Creator
-1x Absolute King Back Jack
-1x Doomsday Horror
-1x Chaos Sorceror
-1x Plaguespreader Zombie
-1x Phantom of Chaos
-1x Blackwing - Mistral the Silver Shield
-1x Dark Nephthys
-1x The Wicked Eraser
-1x Spear Cretin
-1x Necroface
-1x Breaker the Magical Warrior
-1x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
-1x Cyber Dragon
-1x Phantom King Hydride
-1x Gandora the Dragon of Destruction
-1x Berserk Dragon
-1x Dark Armed Dragon

ED
-1x Ally of Justice Catastor
-1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
-1x Flamvell Uruquizas
-1x Blackwing Armed Wing
-1x Goyo Guardian
-1x Chaos King Archfiend
-1x Stardust Dragon
-1x Blackfeather Darkrage Dragon
-1x Crimson Blazer
-1x Red Dragon Archfiend
-1x Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons
-1x Number 48: Shadow Lich
-1x Number 103: Ragnazero
-1x Number C103: Ragnafinity
-1x Number 39: Utopia
-1x Number C39: Utopia Ray
-1x Number C39: Utopia Ray V
-1x Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice
-1x Number 14: Greedy Sarameya
-1x Number C6: Chronomaly Chaos Atlandis
-1x Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragons

And heres the first half since cop/paste omitted it

Nightfall In Middle-Earth

Traps
-1x Solemn Wishes
-1x Seven Tools of the Bandit
-1x Crush Card Virus
-1x Trap Hole
-1x Sakuretsu Armor

Spells
-3x Contract With the Abyss
-2x Gold Sarcophagus
-1x Pot of Avarice
-1x Enemy Controller
-1x Mystical Space Typhoon
-1x Dark Hole
-1x Veil of Darkness
-1x A Deal With Dark Ruler
-1x Mystic Plasma Zone
-1x Monster Reborn
-1x Rank-Up Magic Quick Chaos
-1x Rank-Up Magic Barian's Force

Monsters
-1x Relinquished
-1x Demise, King of Armageddon
-1x Dark Master - Zorc
-2x Sangan
-2x Witch of the Black Forest
-1x Mystical Elf
-1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
-1x Caius the Shadow Monarch
-1x Armageddon Knight
-1x Darklord Zerato
-1x Morphing Jar
-1x Morphing Jar #2
-1x Dark Resonator

There's no way the gary stu is losing

It will end in a draw at best, then gary stusaku will defeat kogami and revolver, while go got off screen'd

I seriously hope so but if that happened, we'd need an actual plot twist so Hanoi still loses, like Revolver suddenly switching sides or something similarly out of left field.

Reminds me of singleton formats with all these one-of's. No big deal, this is just needs some refinement and it'll be a contender for your playgroup! I'm guessing judging by your Extra Deck size that your friends don't care about that. That's neat, but for good measure let's focus on 15 core Extra Deck cards, and you can go nuts beyond that. It's pretty evident you're in a strictly kitchen table environment, after all.

After I tidy up the last stuff I want to test in Northwemko's deck, a set of Ash Blossoms, I'll lay this out for the drawing board stages.

JoJo-tier deck name, by the way.

Since you seem to know what you're doing, do you have any suggestions for ED monsters in Skull Servants? Uni-Zombie's great at making level 8 Synchros, but Rank 3s seem to work pretty well too.
Omega's the obvious answer of course so I've got him in there, as well as Beelze, Stardust, and Dante, but I'm not sure where else to go from there.

So the tree is evil right?

Northwemko user, I do accept payment in pictures, actually. That little comment gave me an honest smile.

I'm not familiar with Skull Servants, but Link Monsters seem to be a solid base suggestion for any Extra Deck anymore. I hate to say it, but if your deck swarms fast enough, Links may serve you well.
For Rank 3's, the best I can think of immediately (Alucard, Break Sword, Grampulse, and Leviar) may not necessarily be good enough. Dante is the best one, period. It depends on how often you find yourself in need of a Rank 3 over something else, though.
As for Level 8 Synchros, Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend is all I can recommend since you're already running Beelze, Stardust, and of course Omega. Again, it depends on how frequently you are in need of a Level 8 Synchro.
What exactly are you looking for, toolbox options to fill out your Extra Deck or something else?

>I seriously hope so but if that happened, we'd need an actual plot twist so Hanoi still loses

They could still hamfist the other ignis coming out of nowhere and saving the day

But even if Yusaku loses I don't think he will be digitilized because chances are AI can do something to log him out before it happens

Why was that single tree cut is what I really want to know

If it was evil that would be a good reason to only cut it down.

It's a big tree. Probably more efficient to cut it than to cut a whole bunch of trees.

>kogami has appeared in VRAINS to talk to Akira
>Go has already fought one doctor
Its time.

Mostly toolbox options since your primary win condition is OHKOing them with a roided out King, so the extra deck is more support than anything else.
I'm not against using Links, but I don't know the current meta well enough to know which links are good and which ones aren't. I guess Linkuriboh would be a good place to start since I've got a good supply of level 1s, and Firewall seems to be pretty popular so I guess he can come too.

Looked like Judai from the thumbnail but I open it up and it's just shitty Aoi. How disappointing.

Much obliged.

I already know i want to keep Stardust, Beelze, and Red Dragon Archfiend in the ED, but im not particularly partial beyond that. I look forward to getting this thing out of the Frankenstein's Monster state it's been in.

I miss ARC-V. The show didn't deserve that third season; there was absolutely no conclusion.

Cancerous GXfag are starting to become as bad as delusional ArcVfags

The most general advice I can give is that a deck that is okay at everything will usually lose to a deck that does one thing very well. Try to find a central playstyle and build your deck around that. If you ask yourself "what does this deck do?" you should have a clear answer.

So the Ignis have to be worse than this?

There's something I don't understand about ARC-V. In 146, Yuya claims he's Zarc, but Zarc's soul is inside Reira. So how can Yuya be Zarc if Zarc is inside Reira? Shouldn't Reira technically be Zarc now?

Zarc is inside Reira but he is still Zarc

Judai and Yubel are also simultaneously the same entity and not the same entity at the same time. Whatever the plot feels like at that particular moment.

Yes actually

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

look I understand that, but the ignis have to actually kill people at this point to surpass Hanoi.

The notion of Go roaming around beating down only doctors is quite amusing. I'm not sure Kogami will duel, though.

Okay, just knowing that narrows a lot down.
Linkuriboh is a definite choice in any deck that can use it.
Firewall is good, but best suited for spam decks. If you can spam, then he'll do work for you.

Here's a short list of the good stuff I can recollect.
Borreload Dragon - A well-rounded powerhouse
Topologic Bomber Dragon - He may not be what you're looking for, but his ability to slightly control the board is nice
Skulldeat, the Chained Dracoserpent - Powerful utility card, especially with his final effect
Decode Talker - Generic and good, could be useful in protecting the King
Vampire Sucker - She just came out of Flames of Destruction and good if for nothing else than her pseudo-Card of Safe Return
Crystron Needlefiber - Broken as heck in almost all regards
Proxy Dragon - Excellent protection monster that fits into almost any deck

Of course, user. It is fortuitous that it's a Dark deck and you like Synchros, because the Synchro abilities there are incredible.

If you have any ideas as to what you want out of the deck aside from what you listed last thread, let me know. Since it's a casual group, do you want to keep all your different summoning methods? You mentioned attachment to some Extra Deck Monsters, so are there any Main Deck Monsters you're likewise attached to? Do you want to be so evil that you make Lucifer blush by abusing cards like Card of Safe Return and Level Eater? No detail is too small or unhelpful.

Did you even read the information in the link?

>Emeritus professor of computer science at San Diego State University and science fiction author Vernor Vinge said in his 1993 essay The Coming Technological Singularity that this would signal the end of the human era, as the new superintelligence would continue to upgrade itself and would advance technologically at an incomprehensible rate.

We are talking about full human extinction here vs some sacrifices to prevent it

add in orbital hydralander

You ignore my point. How do you work that into a Yu-Gi-Oh plot?

I like Ghost Girl's ghost girls.

actually forget what I said I didn't even read the rest of the list

r8/h8 my shit idea

>Yusaku wins vs Revolver hanoi tower goes poof blah blah blah
>Ignis takes the leftover data from the tower and becomes a technological singularity like suggested
>Three stooges of Hanoi are revived from their comas by revolver to go job to Ignis
>they set up extra link together, ignis makes quick work of that
>Specter and Revolver/BA also try and put up a better fight but still die
>Final battle is PM and Revolver/BA and Go vs a hyperintelligent ignis

How the fuck do you question how hyper intelligent Ais trying to take over humanity would work in a yugioh plot when we just had one of the major characters' backstory be that he was raised by a fucking magical tree?

let me be more specific how do you write it so that the ignis actually do more morally wrong than what hanoi are doing without them massacring people.

They find out everybody is out to get them and so they turn against humanity so they don't have to run away or hide anymore or some sappy regular anime plot like that

You are missing too many steps in between. We still need to get through the SoL funded obligatory tournament arc

>turn against humanity in self defense
So how is that worse than Hanoi turning people into explosive data powder?

They kill everybody instead of some people

Thoughts on one of Yusaku's aces, Decode Talker?

the best

Two points. Everybody is not going to die in Yu-Gi-Oh, and if they are doing it in perceived self defense, how does that make them morally worse than Hanoi.

What's the level of yugioh "dying" in this show? Haven't watched it, but getting your virtual avatar or something temporarily deleted with temporary real world consequences sounds less severe than any of their earlier stuff.

it's funny that it is AI with an armor

if one is "anothered" they are stuck in a coma in real life. If one's avatar is digitized they are stuck in a coma in real life.

How do they come back from it repeatedly then?

You are either underage or trolling so figure it out yourself

The "another" is just a computer virus that can be cured with a removal program. An avatar being digitized hasn't been cured yet, but its probably just getting the data back.

Nice try. Once you create a sentient entity don't be surprised if they start trying to defend themselves through any means they deem necessary.

Do you honestly think the entire world deserves death over the actions of a few?

About to start the World Carnival arc in Zexal.

I thought I'd dislike Yuma, but he's actually really fun so far. He's not boring like Yusaku and he's not as indecisive as Yuya. The explanation behind his catchphrase was actually really nice to see and added more depth to his character.

two series after ZEXAL and I'm already starting to believe ZEXAL wasn't that awful as people like to brag

Vector did absolutely nothing wrong.

I'm mostly saying there doesn't really seem like there is any way that the ignis are actually more evil than hanoi. I really don't trust Yu-Gi-Oh writers to be good at writing morally gray conflicts.

Vector was one of the highlights of the series. I personally like him, because it reminded me of Bakura, it's been quite a while since they never featured a character like Bakura

Vector and Shark where the highlights and the most interesting characters.
Honestly Shark should have been the main character instead.

Even the animation in Zexal is a step up from Arc-V and Vrains too. I have yet to see a super quality episode.

And there's a lot of fuckable girls in this one. Kotori, Cathy, Gagaga Girl, Yuma's sister, Tetsuo's sister, Kotori's mother. Muh fucking dick.

Shark was a mix of Jonouchi and Kaiba for me, almost a Jonouchi gone edgy but I personally like Shark for how he was written overall

>mfw Vector's final duel in the series was against Nasch instead of dueling against Yuma

Somethings been bothering me, specter said after the incident ended adults ignored him more than before, but that doesn't sound right.

well he was a loner who had no connections so I doubt anyone would've cared for him

Main deck attachments are Zorc, Demise, the morphing jars (that's more personal flair than practicality), and Dark Armed Dragon.

I like the cards that lay waste to the field, that nuke everything then swing uncontested. I like the big risk, big payoff plays. I'm definitely all for card abuse if i can get away with it. I abuse the hell out of Necroface and Gold Sarcophagus in tandem. Synergy is something i love, but usually dont discover until months later.

we haven't seen yusaku's parents anywhere though.

I am pretty sure he was the one pushing them away, Yusaku actually tried to get better and cooperated with the treatment but just couldn't do it

Is not that complicated user, also Kogami already implied that the Ignis only care about themselves

Also would prefer to keep Berserk Dragon. Its a niche card really only good for one blitz before needing disposed of, but i like it.

that doesn't make them evil by itself.

So hes lying?

makes sense, the guy killed him twice and his sister 3 times

There's nothing wrong with using cards for personal reasons! I put a minor Synchro option in a deck Synchro-unfriendly just to use Chaos Goddess, and Northwemko user put a Ritual option in Dark Magicians to use Northwemko. This card game is a hobby, so you may as well enjoy everything you can about it.

Anywho, I'll be tied up with Northwemko user's deck tonight, so I won't get to yours for at least a day. The silver lining however is that due to the nature of this deck, I'll actually be able to brainstorm when I get idle time at work since I'm not working within the confines of a particular archetype.

Once again, much obliged, user. Dark has been my favorite style since the original DM days in elementary school.

>tfw immunity means it can't be honest/carobein'd
WHO FUCKING MADE THIS SHIT

If you're interested in running a Dark deck focused on synchros, here are some cards you might want to try. Dark Synchro was actually a pretty popular deck not too long ago.

Dark Grepher (like Armageddon Knight, but also sends cards from hand to grave)
Destiny HERO Malicious (level 6 monster, can banish itself from the grave to special summon another copy of itself from the deck, enables really crazy synchro plays)
Level Eater (level 1 insect that can summon itself from the grave by reducing a level 5 or higher monster's level by 1 permanently. Not once per turn, so you can spam the shit out of this.)
Red Resonator (level 2 tuner that special summons a level 4 or lower monster from your hand. Not a dark monster but worth running anyway.)

I noticed Armageddon Knight and Plaguespreader Zombie in your list, those are really important too.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Yuma is a better character not only than Yuya and Yusaku but also Yusei. Yusei stopped being a character at episode 64. From then on he was just there to win, make friendship speeches as his friends suck him off for the one hundredth time. He's the better character than 3 out of 6 YGO protagonists, that's horrible it means the ranking is Yugi, Judai, Yuma.

>Trolls Vector to the utmost extreme

One thing our playgroup's guru drilled into me is the importance of deck pulls to make special summons easier and keep me from getting shit too early/late.

Army Knight has been invaluable, and ive even been able to use plaguespreader more with necroface shenanigans.

Was it an AI tree that escaped the Cyberse dimension? What the fuck did they mean by this? Why was there a sentient tree that no-one questioned?

Not going there yet. Though, honestly it feels too much that modern YGO(Zexal-Vrains) is the "boys only club" of things. I understand what they were doing with Aoi but honestly with the way they did it could have a lot of other ways of handling it.

That aside, this shows probably pretty much stems with they played too safe earlier on and now kinda rushing things aside when it comes to characters that had more interest as well as stalling with certain characters.

Modern? It’s been like that since day one with dm. And that was with a less hack writer than the ones that did the anime. At least the ones later gave some of the females actual screentime and decks. Pfft.

Following what's happened so far it doesn't look like advanced AI was constructed before the lost incident, so unless specter is hallucinating or lying, it was either wind or some kind of magic.

considering an infants imagination, most likely wind

Spectre is probably actually half human half tree demon. I mean there’s a reason he couldn’t talk to people properly he’s slightly more demon it matters of thinkimg and acting.

True. I guess in a sense GX(through the most part with Asuka) and 5D's kinda worked well.

5D's had a lot of behind the scenes issues regarding the VA's, event and executive meddling that pretty much messed things up entirely yet in my opinion it held out on its own.

They would be called dryads.

Northwemko user, even though when you happen by my post I'll have already gone to bed, I think my work with your deck is done. As I continued through the final matches, I found little use for the Extra Deck, much like you initially stated. Unfortunately, there are some inherent flaws in the deck that I simply cannot fix, such as Dark Magician being occasionally prone to bricking or vulnerable to backrow removal, because that's just part of the territory.
Here is my final list, note that for the Extra Deck I am only listing cards I used frequently enough to warrant keeping, but fill it out as you see fit:

Mainboard: 42 cards
3x Apprentice Illusion
2x Ash Blossom
3x Rod
1x Sorcerer
2x Blue Boy
3x Dark Magician
2x Northwemko
1x Dark Magic Attack
2x Dark Magic Veil
3x Circle
1x Illusion Magic
2x Pre-Prep
1x Raigeki
2x Ritual of Grace
2x Secret Village
2x Knowledge
2x Secrets
1x Terraforming
3x Eternal Soul
2x Navigation
1x Strike
1x Warning

Extra Deck: 10 cards
1x Ebon Illusion
1x Akashic
1x Borreload
1x Crowley
1x Decode
3x Link Spider
2x Proxy Dragon

Sideboard: 7 cards
1x Ash Blossom - Having three made opening great, but frequently topdecking her late game hurt, yet intentionally skipping a third seems unwise.
1x Gofu - While incredibly strong, he's equally inconsistent. Grinder Golem would serve you better for that purpose, but I can't in good conscience recommend something so detestable.
1x Night's End - His disruption is great, but I feel he's better off as a sideboard option due to that being his only purpose and his needing to be in the deck at all times.
2x Advanced Ritual Art - I may not like art, but I'm staying open-minded, and I do know it has its strengths as you have said.
2x Secret Sanctuary - As we agreed, it's better on the sideboard due to the multitude of requirements for it to lock down.

Hopefully this list serves you well and leads you to improve upon what I've made. Cheers, my friend!

Characterfags just go to /dnt. Its where this stuff belongs.

I truly understand how you feel. Many of us have been enamored with a deck, or even just a card, for a similarly long time. I've officially closed the case on Northwemko user's deck, so soon there will be Nightfall in Middle-Earth!

I'm on board with . Even though Vrains has been rough, we have had a bit of a break from magic and other supernatural forces. It probably won't last, but it's been refreshing. Time will tell.

What does Sup Forums think about the new Adventure Lady Archetype?
>ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Hitofuki
>ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Hono
>ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Kumori
>ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Mirakuru
>ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Lady_Shinsei

How will he break out?

1. Yuma
2. Judai

he'll do a romeo just to be with his sister

what about the rest?

plenty do I think.