Ok, I dont wanna start watching this if its ending leaves me lusting for another season. Does it end nicely...

Ok, I dont wanna start watching this if its ending leaves me lusting for another season. Does it end nicely? Or is it a cliff hanger? NO SPOILERS PL0x

No
yes
Read the light novels which still wouldn't style your problem

Movie wraps it up pretty well

It's a shitty series that leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth

yeah, your cum sucks m8

It ends fantastically with a masterpiece of a movie that leaves some doors open but close the ones that really matter.

is this sarcasm?

no

Maybe if Yuki was the only character in the series.

Since when does anime go in your mouth? I think you're doing it wrong...

Don't bother, it's dead

Don't confuse yourself, Yuki is Kyon's bro

Are you retarded? it didn't close anything, the whole premise is about Haruhi being god and what we gonna do about it, movie is just focusing on a secondary character, it's never was even remotely close to be some kind of finale of the series, because the main subject is not even touched here.

Haruhi being god is merely a pretext to make Kyon confront what he thought he left behind, and make Haruhi a more social person aware of her surroundings but still able to detach herself from it. Like 80% of the SF in this series is meant to develop Haruhi/Kyon/Nagato or just be fun. It's more like a take on SOL than SF.

>pretext
It's a premise of the series, m8, your headcanon interpretations don't change that.

And a premise can perfectly be a pretext. That's the case for a shit ton of series.

It isn't really that special in the first place by modern standards. Back then people just didn't have many shows coming out, so there's a terrific amount of hype going on for all these things that people saw when they were kids.

What the hell is that bum Tanigawa doing anyway? It's been seven years and he hasn't published jack shit.

hoe really? What's the new modern standard?

High quality lifelike drama.

>evil red eyes
I fucking hate anime

only FMA2003 did it right

There's no pretext, there's only delusions and headcanons, and premise is about Haruhi, even if we cut the all the sci-fi stuff, it's still about Haruhi.

Fuck off to Sup Forums then.

You're just spouting memewords at this point.

I like manga.

>memewords
Are you fucking brainlet or what? where did you see any fucking memes? you should really go back to Sup Forums\reddit/whatevershitholeyoucamefrom.

Not him but like
What about Sasaki and her gangs? That's more about kyon than haruhi
What about alien rod thing that tsuruya gave?
And related to that, what about that whole time traveling thing where kyon had to place a can in the middle of some road(I don't remember this too well)? This goes on to relate to disappearance if I remember correctly

I mean those are just the ones that comes off the top of my head, but the series was less and less about haruhi(of course, still centered around her) as it went on.

Are you like a synth or something? Stories aren't usually that fkin literal

Repeating generic words like "delusions" and "headcanons" is just a braindead way to keep talking without bringing any argument to the table. The series has fulfilled its main themes by the end of Disappearance. The most important part of Kyon and Haruhi's character arcs, the real focus of the show, is done. If you can't see that it was always about that more than MUH SUPERNATURAL, then you haven't been paying attention.

It's a solid fantasy and mystery show but you'll want to read the light novels, only to be disappointed by the series being dead after a couple of it's best volumes.

Oh for fuck's sake, the premise is about Haruhi and her god status like I said as she is the main plot point, character's arcs and stuff doesn't change that the whole premise as the story go,
Things are always much more simplier then what many people like to imagine, Eva is always gonna be a prime example of that.
>Anno used bible references because it's cool and not because it's actually has any meaning to the story
and I'm a real human bean, you meatbag

I thought the show was about Kyon and the reluctant adventures he gets pulled into due to being in close proximity to a bunch of supernatural individuals. The movie gave his story a nice endcap.

So you wanted a space opera where aliens and espers battle god Haruhi?

Well... the story's a youth drama and focuses on Kyon x Haruhi relationship. Haruhi's god status is, as user stated, pretext to make the story interesting. And I mean what else could they do with it? Yuki already added in some scifi conflict in the movie of trying to take away Haruhi's influence, which regressed - almost pointing out how the story wasn't about that. In-fact the movie tries to make it clear it's not about that.

Eva is the perfect comparison too, the last episodes basically say - fuck the lore man it's about the characters

>PL0x
Unironically kill yourself

The difference being that the show never put an emphasis on the origin of Haruhi's god status. Not even a single episode where they investigated it.
Like, open a book dude. Things get left ambiguous sometimes.

Headcanon and delusions are just as generic as any word you use, you clearly just switching to ad hominem instead of bringing the argument
>The series has fulfilled its main themes by the end of Disappearance.
Maybe it would if it was about Kyon choosing between Megane Yuki and Rei Clone yuki.
>the real focus of the show
See this is what I mean by headcanon
>hurrr only things I like are REAL focus of the show
You simply pretend that the whole sci-fi element is irrelevant when it's actually the core of the series, without world changing thing, without Yuki being alien robot and without Haruhi none of this Kyon development of Yuki development wouldn't exist.

... interlinked?

It's not headcanon, it's called watching the show. When Kyon tries to explain everything to Haruhi she gets angry and tells him to fuck off, that's clear enough. Haruhi being a god is, as you said, the PREMISE. Not the focus of the show, not an end in itself, but only a mean. When Haruhi does god things, it always reflects how she feels (closed spaces, sighs..).
Hint: there's a reason why the show starts with Kyon's Santa monologue

I really want to know this too. I need an ending.

What the fuck do you think premise of the show is?
Haruhi being a god and they need to keep her entertained or else the world might come to an end, if anything, the whole SoL shit is a pretext to sci-fi, they literally turned everyday situation into sci-fi stuff, the movie is about Haruhi dissaparing, Kyon decides that he likes his weird sci-fi shit, it is a focus on the show.

>his weird sci-fi shit
his haruhi

>I dont wanna start watching this if its ending leaves me lusting for another season
Don`t worry that only happens to faggots.

>The most important part of Kyon and Haruhi's character arcs
By focusing on secondary character? the whole story is just a character's arc, it's never was a story finale and does not conclude anything, it's only does develop and Kyon Nagato as character, simple as that.
You people are seriously retarded if you saying it is close anything.

love all the books yuki reads specifically Hyperion which is quite ironic.

Most of Haruhi's development happen during the show but the movie cements her growth through Kyon's monologues.
Kyon's main character arc is over by Disappearance, and so is Nagato's.

Haruhi is only one half to the pretext though, later in the series they address why he attaches himself to the godess of chaos instead of the goddess of law & order

Just popping in to say that those are some very nice thighs.

Kyon was always not honest with himself, the anime's about him becoming less of a pessimist

Just watch it already. You'll enjoy it more the less you know about it.

>caring about spoilers
>for an 11 year old show
>it being Haruhi of all things
Are you new to anime?

Haruhi is more of a secondary character than Yuki or Kyon, due to how often she has to be excluded from whatever's going on. She often just acts as a catalyst for the other characters to go do something.

It's worth watching if only because Haruhi is really fucking cute.

I am the hope of the universe.
I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth.
ALLY TO GOOD!
NIGHTMARE TO YOU!