>never gives up and is sometimes foolhardy because he needs to meet pops
>sacrifices everything because of temporary grief
>is magically healed and meets dear ol' dad anyways

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SC4wrFWR9HY
youtu.be/EJYe0PdCiFA
youtube.com/watch?v=RAZjQtTukrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd like to think that in that moment, Gon had completely lost control and had realised what was really important. You can only control yourself so much as a 13 year old coping with the death of a close friend.

over 100 episodes of build up to one of the greatest pay-offs in anime history and you take issue with it? Gon being a self-centered little kid who does only what is best for him is shown throughout every arch. This is just the follow-through on that. Gons transformation from a wide-eyed shonen anime protag to a miserable and heart-broken monster is probably one of two reasons to watch this anime at all. Im sorry it wasnt a big deal to you user, cuz it was pretty damn satisfying to watch gon lose it for me.

I love how HXH tards like to shit up other shonen threads by saying powerups are BS and hacky, yet when it comes to their own series with its own myriad of asspulls they go silent.

This

can we all agree this is the best ED?
youtube.com/watch?v=SC4wrFWR9HY

How many active HxH threads do we need?

it was an ass pull but i like to think it was done well.
I enjoyed how they actually showed how much consequences the power up cost him.

Everyone with a brain agrees that Alluka Ex Machina ruined the series, you can stop reminding us of what should have been please OP

We need them all.

eh.......fuck yeah honestly.

Yes

people are dumb and dont know how to catalog
somethings asspull still doesnt take away from gons reaction to pitou from the start. atleast i dont think so...

I dont mind him pulling a kid Goku and just wanting to kill a villain, but including a coma plot felt cheap

if the pay-off is said to have consequences, then the consequences are revealed to be relatively minor, then is there a reason not to criticize? Im not complaining about the shape of his hair or something

>ultimate goal is to meet his pops
>goes on a pointless journey and ends up sacrificing himself because HUURRR IM ANGRY!!

>finally meets his dad sitting on a bench, not because he found him, but because all the hunters were gathering up anyway

I honestly wish Hunting For Your Dream was the ED for the Chimera Ant arc as well. there was way too many hype cliffhangers that would have worked so well with it.

Everything in the election arc was necessary in order to give Chimera a conclusion. Plus, it is revealed in the manga that Gon lost his nen and that Alluka may have ties to the Dark Continent.

Overrated as fuck.

Its not so important to the impact of the reveal. even in the island arc we see Gon act like an actual sociopath, using real killers and cannibals to his advantage. so when someone he loves is killed we see what a 12 year old with superman level powers looks like. he has a literal meltdown in front of pitou and wouldve killed komugi if killua wasnt there. I think somethings asspull is weak for sure but lets be honest here, did anyone think gon would suffer truelly? In something running this long gon is always gunna come out on-top. even if its an asspull I think it was worth it to see the pay-off of over 100 episodes of implication.
in comparison to komugi's development? I agree.

HxH is only good when gon and killua are out of the story

youtu.be/EJYe0PdCiFA close second

Gon and Killua are one of the best parts of the show.

Ok but all of the spider was pretty weak also.....hard to say.

>not the 2nd half of it
youtube.com/watch?v=RAZjQtTukrI

Fucks sake. Why did they have to put Kurapika in the ending when he didn’t even appear in the arc? Underrated ED, though.

I dont mean the plot was bad because of how it tied into setting up other arcs, Im referring to the consequences not impeding Gon's goal in any real way. The story doesnt do as much as "You completed your goal but you don't get to enjoy it" because him losing nen isn't portrayed as some end note we're leaving on

The reveal definitely does lose its impact because that moment hinged on the idea of sacrifice and embracing despair. Otherwise it was just a temporary powerup

That picture at the end got me feeling things

idk why but leoro the only one looking back hit me harder than that pic

It worked really well with the narrator and all of the cliffhangers at the end of episodes for sure.

Like, EXTREMELY well.

the song lyrics and title pretty much fit the series perfectly as well.