What is the future of Studio Ghibli?

What is the future of Studio Ghibli?

Hayao Miyazaki is getting old enough that his upcomoing "last film" in 2019 might actually be his real last film.

Takahata is about as old as Miyazaki and may or may not croak out another film before he croaks.

Yonebayashi has left to form his own studio.

That leaves Goro Miyazaki. From Up on Poppy Hill was a huge improvement over Tales from Earthsea, but he hasn't done anything since then.

Can Goro carry the studio? Will they be able to recruit new talent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GRLO-w3nX-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It will slowy die without those old fags or it'll turn into a common studio that will do animes like Sanzoku no Musume Ronja and live bostering about its past glory.

Ghibli is fucked. Yonebayashi's studio will probably take over their role, if people don't decide Witches Flower was shit and support the studio.

Saw Witches Flower earlier today, man other than the animation it was pretty bad, not as bad as Arietty but pretty bad nonthless

>Arietty
>bad

Probably they will try to give the direction role to a seasoned staff member, like the storyboard artist of Pom Poko, Omoide Poro Poro and Yamadas, or just wane off being a production company for things Suzuki/Takahata/Miyazaki is interested in until they close.

Goro is definitely not the future of Ghibli, once his father is gone, he will make one or two more things and disappear.

That's as good as I think it would get. The other possibility is them becoming a parody of themselves, as that recent witch film from prior staff members show. After all, Ghibli is nothing but the vehicle of Takahata and Miyazaki's expression, and everyone led to direct other than them has either been mediocre and masturbatory or died.

Half of Ghibli flicks have shit writing and half of the good ones were not directed by Miyazaki

Sure animation and visuall storytelling is good but the rest is muh feels blinding people from seeing the flaws

What's supposed to be so good about these things? Nausicaa is Nothing Happens: The Movie, and that's somehow the best one out of the lot.

I don’t think it was bad either, but boy was it bland.

khara x ghibli with anno as a director for nausica trilogy

Miyazaki won't let anyone succeed him and ruin Ghibli's legacy, so the studio is going to close down for good after Miyazaki and Takahata retire. Miyazaki talked about it in one of the interviews. They've passed the torch to KyoAni and CoMix Wave Films.

There is no Ghibli without Miyazaki and Takahata. They'll just exist as an entity that preserves and distributes their back catalogue.

I just wish they'd retire for good so they can release the Ghibli museum pieces to the public.

>KyoAni and CoMix Wave Films
No. More like Ponoc and Khara, since they actually have staff that have worked with Ghibli before. KyoAnus and ScreensaverWave are totally unrelated.

>I just wish they'd retire for good so they can release the Ghibli museum pieces to the public.
>implying you'd be able to affort ANY of it

Ironically, it's not even a Ghibli movie.

>implying I'd pay for it

>Nausicaa is Nothing Happens: The Movie
Sorry but this statement disqualifies you from any further discussion on any issue whatsoever

I have no idea what you are about here

Ponoc and Khara are washed up has-beens. They could never become a successor to Ghibli. KyoAnus has their own animator school and they're growing at a rapid pace. Incredibly talanted animators are popping up there every year.

Somebody will upload them the day they are released.
My point is that they are in no way related to Ghibli, and can't be considered "successors" in the way Ponoc and Khara can claim to be, since the lead directors of those studios worked directly with Miyazaki.

I think you may have the worst taste. Regular shit taste doesn't even come close to describing your taste. Arrietty may not be your cup of tea but to say anything about it is bad is just objectively incorrect. You don't deserve to have an opinion on anything.

Miyazaki is one of those tenacious old farts that never die and keep holding the entire industries back because the audience still believes they're relevant. He'll make at least three more films, cap my post.

Ghibli will close forever and it will be set as an study example of what not to do.

>example of what not to do
In what way? They're the most critically and commercially successful anime film studio of all time.

Don't worry, Anno will stand out and take care of everything.

>Look at how mature I am. I don't watch this mainstream shit made for children.

Ryuu no Haisha was pretty Ghibli-esque.

ghibli is overrated shit.
the only 2 good anime they created were kiki and spirited away

I think Anno doesn't even care about animation anymore considering how much more positive the response to Shin Godzilla was compared to Rebuild 3.0

Just hire Shinkai. Done.

Your opinions are shit.

>Sprited Away
>Good
Yeah, sure. What other "anime gems that are totes not for children" have you found on imdb?

Reminder not to reply to the "muh mature anime" faggot. It's just an angry teenager shows up in every Ghibli thread.

>caring about studio which makes exclusively cartoons for kids

He is talking about animations that are exclusively shown inside the museum and nowhere else. Because that's a thing.

There are shitty camrips of a couple. They are pretty impressive.

Violet Evergarden is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive Kyoanus faggotry and FILTERS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The Auto Sexdoll characters all trying their hardest to look sexy, the Automail ripoffs, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole war faggotry and everything about the Violet Evergarden world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on love, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underage b& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Violet Evergarden is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Violet Evergarden threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Did you get lost?

Definitely. He's 77 right now. That's old, but it's certainly not a given that he will die soon. Many people have reached higher ages.

He has been directing live action for the past decade though. He stopped giving a shit a while ago.

Oh shit I would love to have a look at those.

Seeing that his next film seems to be a callback to Wind Rises in some way or another I bet he's gonna do a trilogy about life or something which will be his crowning achievent.

I wish Miyazaki would let him do that Nausicaa sequel already.

youtu.be/GRLO-w3nX-4
I can't tell if you're baiting

He said he could.

Best scenario.

unless they find someone to take over they'll just disappear they are in full production for miyazaki's new movie and Goro is doing something too
haven't seen it, didn't think much of arriety but Marnie was damn good m8