Violet Evergarden - Anime and Novel

Episode 1: Violet Hairkino
Episode 2: Erica Everkino
Episode 3: ?

How can others even compete?
youtu.be/2aulh16Br9s

Given that first two episodes were rushed 6 months in advance for premier in expos, the rest should look even better (even though the current are already at movie quality).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanuensis
violet-evergarden.jp/world/
youtu.be/sS4mq267rp4?t=1m31s
youtu.be/mXw4YgmyE4c?t=4m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=tpX3QO5FqYI
youtube.com/watch?v=DCW2OEHh8sc
youtube.com/watch?v=BMjAf3WpcZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=HoBW1VLJzds
youtube.com/watch?v=pCF7vSL8_MI
youtube.com/watch?v=n_pS7lQ7mjs
youtube.com/watch?v=yXCYXFj5GDc
youtube.com/watch?v=g0gYLng_snI
twitter.com/twitter/statuses/953886011506880513
twitter.com/twitter/statuses/951393562091900929
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One more episode of Violet`s story starting as AMD. After which either episodic one start, or one more episode to add some relevant events moved from later in novel.

Episode 2 was pretty much anime original, so question is how they intent to adapt the whole novels in remaining 12 episodes, if they keep up the original stuff.

Another thing is, they referenced many events that they`ll have to return and expand to later in anime - like the death game in episode 1, Gilbert`s brother gifting him Violet, some war scenes. So they will have essentially to return to them again, but showing the full scenes.

Novel 3 confirmed for spring, but its confirmed to be side stories.

Also fun fact, Novel author confirmed to be Clannad:AS fan and inspired by it.

Correct name to call Violet`s job is Amanuensis. That is what she calls herself in novels and later should in anime too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanuensis
>An amanuensis (/əˌmænjuːˈɛnsɪs/) is a person employed to write or type what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another, and also refers to a person who signs a document on behalf of another under the latter's authority.[1]

KyoAni published a map on official VEG website
violet-evergarden.jp/world/

The locations will be updated and having explanations added to them (if you click them) as show goes, as it seems.

The continent reminds of Australia. The City of Leiden is copied from Genua, Italy.

Two songs from official OP/ED singles CDs. Not sure if they would be in anime, since are made in different style, but would be nice if they were.
youtu.be/sS4mq267rp4?t=1m31s
youtu.be/mXw4YgmyE4c?t=4m10s

Some attempts to cover the OST
youtube.com/watch?v=tpX3QO5FqYI
youtube.com/watch?v=DCW2OEHh8sc

Some more
youtube.com/watch?v=BMjAf3WpcZ8

Cant wait for official OST to be released, especially liked the track at end of episode 2. Reminded of
youtube.com/watch?v=HoBW1VLJzds

BD Advertisement, some new scenes from likely episode 3 shown, but not much.

youtube.com/watch?v=pCF7vSL8_MI

Episode 2 was very Erica centered. For original character she sure got a lot of attention.

Personally consider it better animated than 1 even. One had some very flashy scenes, while second had a LOT more character animation and overall just about every single moment looked great.

Difference between Fujita and Ishidate is very noticable. Ishidate was focused more on cinematic scenes, while Fujita episode was all about character close ups and subtle expressions akin her Hibike ones.

Erica is cute, Minori Chihara voicing her makes her even better. Meanwhile Iris took a role of "bad guy" in episode, but hope will get some character development and focus too.

They introduced the origin of Auto Memoir Dolls in this episode, as opposed the First chapter of novels that dealed with Oscar. Not quite sure about Erica`s connection with the creator of them though.

Overall Erica was much more of a character this episode than Violet was. Which is kinda normal for novel, since Violet is rarely the actual focus of narrative and events.

More Erica, since Erica is cute and cute is justice.

The painting in this episode was stellar, also love a lot of smaller visual details that require attention and effort to get right - like the "water spash" aura around characters, how Erica`s picture is distorted through stained glass etc.

>1 IP

People are just mad since their graphic cards cant keep up with all KyoAni superb GFX

youtube.com/watch?v=n_pS7lQ7mjs

holy shit. this. its starting to seem more like advertising

I am glad i trigger your insecurities. But this show does not need advertisement, it is already the most major thing that happened in anime in decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXCYXFj5GDc

youtube.com/watch?v=g0gYLng_snI

5 million viewers on Bilibili already just for episode one, let alone the rest of the world.

There is no contest, sorry, no matter how crossboarder kyoani haters on Sup Forums want it to be.

What is it about Kyoani that attracts such autistic people and how is it such an outlier in that regard?

I liked how they painted Dietfriet in anime. Too bad his role is rather small.

Envy. Autists cant hold their unstable emotions of insecurity for two main reasons: first being unable to truly appreciate masterworks of KyoAni because of own shallow intellegence and perception, the second being mad that all works they like are inferior to what KyoAni makes and they have ground to compete against it - thus have nothing else to do but let their hate an outlet on anonymous boards where no one would know who they are and they could pretend they dont care when called out for their inadequacy (but they do).

There is a thread up already. Another thread died because you were too lazy to check the catalog before you decided to advertise here. At this time of posting, there is only 4 unique IP posters.

Erica is self insert character for all KyoAni haters. At least they can associate themselves with someone as incapable and insecure as they are (except cute, not fat and not american)

Fuck off newfag. This is not /vg/.

Pretty much every kyoani episode in the past 7 years has had abundance on the character close ups and subtle expressions, user

Violet sure goes long way from current full Sagara Sasuke state to being able to perfectly communicate people feelings in leetters.

She remains Violet though. Cant wait to see her teach 7yo girl how to use gun.

There is big distinction between KyoAni episode directors and storyboarders.

Ishidate, Fujita and Ogawa stand own on their own easily compared to Yamada, Kigami and the rest (who have own recognizable styles too.)

Fujita episode looks nothing like Yamada (despite Yamada probably being her biggest influence).

Why did you make all these webms, but didn't bother fixing the gamma and contrast while you were at it? Nobody is going to save washed out webms of a netflix rip when the fixed BDs will be out soon.

Because there is nothing to be fixed. Continue to make a joke of yourself.

You say this but they all have very similar, almost indistinguishable style.

>generalfags

Incorrect. In fact, most people misattribute most stuff they see in KyoAni anime to series directors instead of people the credit should actually go. Like the iconic episode of Hibike with Reina and Kumiko date at night at mountaintop, was Fujita doing storyboard and directing - while people use it to praise Yamada.

Ishidate for example is very recognizable with quick camera cuts and focus on colors and lightning, and overall trying to use cinematic methods and focusing on overall direction trying to bring his narrative over building up the scenes.

Meanwhile this episode is Fujita, with a LOT of focus on character emotion and facial expressions (and almost no feet! heh)

So much Erica this episode.

>KINOani doesn't shill on Sup Forums they said

>washed out blacks
>nothing to be fixed
You think adding a cheap filter over the entire episode is intentional aesthetically? No, if it were, they'd have done it shot-by-shot, like it should be done. It's a hastily-done last minute visual detail that leaves the animation in a worst state than before.

Continue to act retarded while i laugth at you.

Fujita is just a discounted Yamada.

Fujita > Yamada

>has no argument save for cheap fallacies
You don't value nor want discussion, only circlejerk praise for your seasonal show. Delete your shit thread.

>discussion
I have to say you guys must be paid by Reddit to advertise it, making Sup Forums a shithole this season.

Good job, you are worth the money paid.

I have to say, nothing is more amusing than watching ignorant people spastically make fools of themselves in the face of historical event that is airing of Violet Evergarden.

>another baseless fallacy
>refuses to discuss animation detail in a visual medium
Yes, you clearly have nothing to discuss, and are using this thread dump your shitty webms.

You are wrong. I am right. Get over it.

The manga is better.

>KyoAni Engine 3.0's New features:
>Dynamic weather effect
>indirect lighting: global illumination and reflected light
>the brand new cinematic post-processing effects
>NVIDIA HairWorks® support

>spot the defensive kyoanus licker

Is the animation better in the manga?

Unironically would have exponentially enjoyed an Aspe-chan adaptation by Kyoani than VEG.

Dear Diary.

Today another VEG threads was once again flooded by autistic KyoAni haters that cant contain their bowels.

Don't get me wrong user. I love Kyoani. I love Amagi Brilliant Park. I love Maidragon. I love Chuu2 S1. I liked Koe no Katachi. I love most of their pre-2010 stuff.
I hate VEG.

The only show actually contesting against Veg this season is Yurucamp. Its direction is stellar. The rest is shit.

I agree that Yuru Camp is one of if not the best anime airing this season but I disagree that VEG is anywhere near Yuru Camp's league. If VEG is a S, then Yuru Camp is S+ or SS.

Well, too bad for you - since VEG is so far the best story they adapted, directed by best Director and having best visual production as well.

People think calling it "magnum opus" is a bait, but it is not. The insecurities people display are from the ignorance. I dislike more than haters the crowd that talks like "i liked it for the visual", "it is comfy so far" etc. - like people who watched Hyouka as a SOL. At least haters motives are clear, meanwhile people that just dont know or not see the VEG greatness yet, try to lower its plank to their own low standards which is worse than actually shitposting.

>threads
>was
Wonderful, an ESL. Of course you can't sustain worthwhile discourse when you have to use google translate to post.

>even though the current are already at movie quality

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

>there are people who don't believe this is obvious falseflag shitposting

The youtube link posted in OP already looks better than most of modern days anime movies.

>falseflag
Unlike you, i am just not ignorant about VEG and genuinely love it and know its worth

You make Erica sad.

Erica is ugly

No one shares your opinion, but at least we are here to read it and accept that some people like that might exist.

This has to be a falseflag doesn't it?
Kyoanifags can't be this autistic can they?

>historical event

Well, it may well be kusoanus's worst dud since Munto (another poorly conceived director's pet project).

One thing this episode gave is insane amount of reaction scenes to reply to shitposters with.

I laugth at you and will laugth even more in the future.

Not sure why KyoAni decided to bully Benedict so much in anime. Also giving him Akihito`s voice cant be unheard. It is as if he is an MC of hare anime that was sidelined.

You're the only one shitposting, faggot. Criticizing a show isn't shitposting.

Best mecha anime of the season and year

Will they fire Ishidate after this?

They fired Yamakan, so firing their best directors would not be a new thing for KyoAni. But no, VEG is a huge success.

Who would have thought that KyoAni of all studios would be the one to bring back hand-drawn mechanic animation and oldschool shading in anime.

Seems to be sinking quite fast for the show that would save anime (from what?).

Introduction episodes are nice, but i just want to see Violet crush some sculls with her metalic hands. Shoudnt take too long with exposition being almost over.

>forced animation: the show
>huge success

VEG is not saving anime. It is redefining it. The era of cheap outsourced korean productions nears the end. One can never return to watching shit after tasting anime TV done in proper quality.

See? This is exact reaction VEG causes on people who are used to consume cheapest tier QUALITY shows. It is like light burning the vampires.

>cgi water
>not QUALITY

>The era of cheap outsourced korean productions nears the end
4 from 5 background artists that worked on episode 2 are Korean.

Sadly 3mb simply does not allow to make longer webms in quality adequate for VEG. Native 1080 looks already great in Netflix version, but the true experience, as always with KyoAni - will be the BDs. If you did not watch KyoAni BDs, you did not watch KyoANi.

Studio Blue is KyoAni. Total 10 animators worked on episode 1 and 4 key animators only listed for 2nd. Both episodes were rushed for premier 6 months ahead of schedule. Still look better than everything else this season combined.

Meanwhile a typical Anipexx project (say, Franxx) already has over 30 subcontractor studios involved and dozens freelancers and still looks like crap.

>4 key animators
blog I just started animation school, and this thought alone makes me want to kill myself /blog

It is OK. You just scribble something, and then Ishidate and Takase complely redraw it from scrap for you.

twitter.com/twitter/statuses/953886011506880513
twitter.com/twitter/statuses/951393562091900929

Final Erica

Shitposters! You waited for this opportunity! Now is your chance! Complain about KyoAni CGI!

In CM they made the typewriter hand drawn but it took 1.5 month to animate JUST the typing scene. So they learned their lesson and made it CGI in anime.

To be honest, I think that actually looks really good.

I lied. Here is one more Erica. There cant be too much Erica.

I'm not going to argue with you that KyoAni's in another level from the rest of industry's players.

But what I don't really like from your attitude is "look at Franxx, it's subcontracted to 30 studios, how can it even compare". Such a blind fanaticism. I like VEG, and I live Franxx. The premiere of both anime are way above tv anime standard is all I want to say. Just stop saying things you don't even understand, like Franxx's first episode is badly animated.

Learn to respect other people. KyoAni isn't the only special one in the industry.

>those unnecessary shadows underneath the typewriter
Pure animation autism and I love it

>like Franxx's first episode is badly animated.
It is. Aside from the final minutes, Franxx episode looks average like crap - subpar in many aspects even. I could never understands reviewers unironically praising it.

The ONLY aspect that really impressed me in Franxx was FX animation - there were some real superb scenes, that normal viewer likely not even notice - like how the smoke or stone debris were animated in some shots. Thats it. The rest was not worth mentioning - including the final minutes, that only contrasted with rest of episode since they actually had animation as opposed to steril cgi and Quality character scribbles. For example the praise by people moment of MC running had issue with transition from previous scene and was nothing really impressive - similarly mecha fights.

Now FX, is another question. Whoever did it knows their job.

It would be not KyoAni anime episode if it woudnt have at least one shot for feet fetishists.

Ok, done with webms for ep2. Now to sort through gazzilion screenshots. You can start shitposting, so that thread is still there when i am back.

No, you clearly don't understand that Franxx is blessed with good character acting. I doubt you even watch the episode.

Hayashi doing a good job with the mecha fights, but the other also doing splendid job at animating the character acting.

Sure, VEG's beautiful pictures and background are evocative and mesmerizing, but the animations are restrained to KyoAni's poetic vision of conveying emotion through feet, hand shots, etc, without much impressive character acting. Thankfully Fujita is better director than Ishidate and she knows how to convey emotion through the character's eyes, which is way better than what Ishidate did in first episode. But I can't really say dilated, beautiful pupils are superior animation than the character acting's of DarliFra.

If we're talking DarliFra here, sure you can argue it feels emotionless. But it doesn't mean the level of character acting is average and looks like crap, ha! we even have Kouno and I'd say she's on par with Kigami and you can fight me whenever you ready.

I'm still waiting for Kigami to show up in VEG though, and I can agree with you when he shows up it will look better than most of VEG's animation.

End of argument.