Why do Japs love high school so much?

Why do Japs love high school so much?

I'm in my final year and I can't wait to get the fuck out.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Underage fag

looking back on it high school was a pretty fun time
college wasn't much better and after college just plain sucks

You'll understand later when you want to go back

Learn to sage you cocksuckers.

>he still doesn't know that anons born in the year 2000 are able to post on this site

Important stage of life where you can take it easy (relatively) because starting work life officially.

If you're asking why it's featured so prominently in anime it's because high school is the last common ground everybody has before they go their separate walks in life. Attending college over there is a bit more competitive and for a lot of people who are too dumb/poor they end up taking up trades rather than retrying the college entrance exams.

Because Japanese high school is so much better than American high school. Don't you pay attention in the animes?

yeah apparently in japanese high school everyone is attractive and has friends and has several romantic encounters
must be nice

Not just in Japan, but you'll understand once you start working and not living in your mom's basement

Nips hate their shitty adult lives after high school why do you think they're killin themselves all the time

Normie Japs aren't obsessed with high school.
Lonely isolated people who feel the soul crushing burden of loneliness and failure to live up expectations are into high school - or even middle school - because they see it as the point at which they went wrong in life in a fundamental way, where they could have gone down a better road but didn't. Thus they begin to treasure that time and, consciously or not, wish that they could go back to make things right and live the "rose colored high school life" we've all heard about.

Dumb crossboarder

>Last year is essentially non-stop studying if you want to get into any half decent university
>school is six days a week, even if saturday is usually a half day
>club activities may force you to come to school early and many of them (especially athletic clubs) will keep you there the entire afternoon, meaning students will only go home in the evenings
>on top of that they still have homework/studying

I'd take a 100 fold increase of getting shot at school over that any day senpai.

That's the standard in most country outside the US. minus the club stuff.

This. Everyone who wants more anime set in college has never been to college.

Currently in my second semester
I want more anime set in college

Looking back, the last two years of high school were the best time of my life. I had good grades, had a lot of fun with friends and didn't have a care in the world. Then I ruined everything because I chose the wrong college. So I understand where the Japanese are coming from.

>He didn't enjoy high school
It only gets worse lad

I fucking loved high school. Great friends and experiences. College for me, the one year I did, fucking blew.

Opposite for me, high school fucking sucked while college was the best.

High school means almost being adult, but with very few of the adult responsibilities. Also look up that Gaijin smash guy, he described fairly well why the Japanese remember school so fondly.

My guess is that the biggest anime audiences are highschool kids in japan so most animu and mango are geared towards them.

As for highschool I didn't enjoy it that much either, going to college was much more fun due to excessive free time, my best time with actively attending something however is just my work-life for me.
Being able to work and earn money finally is just much more fulfilling than just studying was. But on the downside I have less time for anime and vidya now so that sucks.

I have no idea what you guys are on about. University kicks high schools ass in every way.

If I were one of those Japanese salarymen who live soul-draining lives, I'd reflect fondly on my school days as well.

>>>/reddit/

Rather be homeless in Mexico than a salaryman in Japan.

>Why do Japs love high school so much?
>dumb
>hot
>you can always pick one to your taste and dump her if you don't like it
Isn't it obvious

But even if it's about high-school age kids, why do so many have to be centered around school life? Plenty of non-anime 2D and 3D shows feature school-age kids and they barely acknowledge the school they go to. Thus they're free to have kids of different ages from different schools, makes for much broader possibilities.