What is the best Gundam series and why are the other anons wrong?

What is the best Gundam series and why are the other anons wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vSyv6bGpbVk
youtu.be/yvY7vnbOLL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gundam the Origin manga

War in the Pocket because it's the only one that conveys the anti-war message without hypocrisy.

08th MS Team is the best.

t. thatanimesnob

There is also Turn A that has the only good pacifist main character in the franchise.

youtu.be/vSyv6bGpbVk
>OST by the dude that played the sax in Cowboy Bepop and Trigun
>Feddies and zeon killing each other over the remains of a destroyed colony, no retarded convoluted plot
>but not like the traditional happy-lightshow gundam war, we're talking warcrime-levels of glorious brutality
>animation is great
>best girl bianca
>short and sweet, you can watch both seasons in literally one night

thunderbolt and IBO are my favorites, but Thunderbolt is so different in terms of a series that it stands out more to me.

Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam are rad.

Even got a happy ending in gundam Valhalla aka gbf

Tough. Definitely either 08th MS Team, Zeta Gundam, the original MSG, or Gundam Build Fighters (for the nostalgia).

i'm just hoping bandai want my money to make a UC gundam reboot from UC79 to Victory for celebration of 50th Gundam making anniversary

For my money, Turn A Gundam. 0079, Zeta, War In The Pocket and Unicorn are also top tier.

>nobody has said the correct answer, Mobile Fighter G yet

0079, 0080, Turn A, for me personally.

Thunderbolt would end up there if it ended at A Baoa Qu rather than going on to earth. And GBF and G gundam is up there for the fun factor, but I don't take them seriously.

Gundam build fighters.

ZZ

I haven't seen Turn A, but knowing it's Tomino, if the MC is preaching anti-war while fighting other robots, that's inherently contradictory.

War in the Pocket did the whole anti-war thing perfectly because none of the characters preach anything. It's entirely show, not tell.

>zeta
>good
kek

Tominobabbies don't actually know any better. They're just trying to fit in.

We were wrong, it's actually IBO
youtu.be/yvY7vnbOLL4

King Gainer

I thought Tomino's MCs are more "fuck you I (emphasis on I) don't wanna fight your dumb war" rather than "noo everyone stop fighting". Initially, at least.

Did you watch Char's Counterattack?

I can't believe how many fanboys there are of that embarrassment of a movie.

correct

But CCA was driven by Char. And it's not one of those Kira Yamato type, third faction "I'm not in either side, so both of you ignore your differences and make peace" thing. Amuro is in Londo Bell. He's part of the federation. Him fighting was literally doing his job. He wasn't bitching "everyone stop fighting". Everyone just came to the conclusion after realizing Char was a petty fuck.

I mean, yeah it's not perfect, but still.

It's literally "Preach philosophy while fighting in giant robots: the movie". Zeta Gundam was the same.

No you’re the contrarian retards trying to fit in, I bet you fags think G reco is good.

Well, for me, It was Char preaching sophistry at Amuro until he fucking dropped the facade and basically just started going on about Lalah, how much he hates him.

It might just be me, but for me, CCA was char throwing a fucking tantrum, using Spacenoid independence, environmentalism, his Deikun blood, etc, just as an excuse to lash out and maybe fight Amuro again.

I found Tomino's main characters are more like "war is bad but the only way to end it is to kill everyone on the other side"

Says the idiot who thinks Zeta gundam is good, but can't actually defend it. I bet you didn't even know what was going on in that show the whole time.

This is also made obvious by how he leaks the psychoframe data to Londo Bell so Amuro isn't outmatched by the Sazabi

Titans are the good guys

The point is, Gundam has always been known for it's anti-war theme, but it comes across as hypocritical with its glorification of war, especially when the very characters preaching the message are the ones fighting.

War in the Pocket was far more effective than any of Tomino's efforts because the message was conveyed entirely through Alfred's perspective and that he wasn't a pilot. None of the characters preached anything, nor were they even anti-war, but over the course of the show, Alfred started slowly noticing the consequences, until it hit him square in the face.

You’re making zero arguments on why Zeta is bad so there is no point to defending it since you’re just saying nonsense.

Not my fault you're too stupid to notice Tomino's comically stupid character writing, what with all the "shakespearen" speeches taking place right in the midst of giant robot battles in space. You're not creating a believable war story when every single character in the show is bi-polar in some way.

no plot armor bullshit, no new type bullshit, straight forward story with no fluff, no on the nose messages, likable characters, awesome designs, attempts to be realistic without being unrealistic (looking at you 08th).

He is not preaching anti war in a way Kira or Kio do. Loran is a peace loving guy who does everything he can to prevent an all-out war from breaking out. Even if it includes fighting other robots. And he doesn’t do hypocritical shit like disarming other mechs. He realizes his abilities as a pilot and kills if there is nothing else he can do. Without bawwwing afterwards like aforementioned Kira.

It’s a toy commercial, if you’re expecting any more then the only idiot here is you.

Completely missing the point I see.

Hey idiot, you're the one claiming Zeta's good.

1st

Wait, since when does Gundam Glorify war? Like, the whole reason 0079 was regarded as high as it is, at the time, and up to now, is because it shows how fucking shitty war is, via the viewpoint of shit civilians forced into active duty.

It didn't start focusing on the MCs being living deterrents until the turn of the century, when AUs become the common thing.

>Glorify
Trouble with your grammar there, Pedro?

>glorify.
There. Happy? Now answer the question.

Zeta gundam

unicorn and 0080

Only good thing about Unicorn is the animation and Marida

Mecha design, Zimmerman, and the Music was good.

Riddhe was shit, but he was also very entertaining.

Anyone saying the 0079 glorifies war is delusional.
There is nothing hypocritical about fighting and being against war. Their fighting was necessary: in almost every case, the alternative was certain death.
But I bet very few ITT actually watched the show.

There's also something about the necessity of struggle in all of those shows. There's no element of free choice in war, apart from choosing the right tactics and equipment.

SD Gundam was the funnest and I liked watching it on miguzi when I came home from school.

Bakunitsumaru was my favorite.

Wrong.

>Not SEED Destiny
I'm laughing at everyone.

They're saying it glorifies war by having giant robots made to sell toys as the means to tell the war but that's not fair since military vehicles are really cool in real life too

You are so stupid it's funny.