Would Violet Evergarbage actually have lived up to its hype if they had done it?

Would Violet Evergarbage actually have lived up to its hype if they had done it?

The source material is trash. You can't really salvage it. It will sell and KyoAni will make 2 seasons and a movie and nothing you can will stop them

Of course not. I baffles me that people come into a KyoAni show expecting some shit that is not KyoAni (YA plot, a bit meandering but with a solid grasp on what sells with a lot of detail animation and retouched image to look like a professionaly made film in short focus). What did you expect, Gosick or something like that?

People were hiped for the animation, i don't see why retards are saying it did not live to it's hype

I think shaft is good for narration while kyoani is good for showcase of characters.
VEG is better with kyoani, yeah.

if shaft did the show the filter would have been obnoxious and artistically hilarious, instead of just obnoxious

*2 movies, the first movie would be a stitched up version of the TV series.

Whether good or bad, it would at least not be boring.

explain this then

This.

cute boys I want to hold hands with

So like Franxx then?

Hot trash but still better than VEG.

How can Violet Evergarden source be trash? The novel won an award.

If you create your own award, you too can call whatever you like "award-winning". So I, Poster No. 167288253, hereby declare this post the Poster No. 167288253 Post of the Year!

Damn, nu-Kyoani is full of shit.

did they actually do that? not that awards mean much in a capitalistic society.

The people talking bad about Violet Evergarden anime/novel are just shitposters, no matter how good it is they will talk bad about it because kyoani is doing it.

>ipad posters
Now I've seen it all

It's a LN, m8. Bragging about winning a "Best LN" prize is like bragging about having shat the most beautiful rotten shit.

Because it's not just any novel, it's a EUROPEAN novel, the animators at kyoani just can't quite comprehend it so there are quite a few short comings due to foreign concepts and terminology that I can't even begin to mention.

The question is not KyoAni or not-KyoAni.
The question is Netflix or not-Netflix.

CR is garbage, but Netflix manages to outdo even them.

>so there are quite a few short comings due to foreign concepts and terminology that I can't even begin to mention.

i went blind while trying to watch ep 1. could you write up a few examples? genuinely curious

It's neither boring nor bad.

[GUARANTEED REPLIES]

It's copypasta bait

aww

Sure,if you want to a watch show with a decent story that's going to get 50% redone in a bluray release because they half ass animation.

i do

I want post of the year too

CR and Netflix license shit,they're not making them.And even when it's a Netflix original,it's only funded/part-funded by Netflix,not made by them.So your point make no sense at all,

Only if shinbo directed it.

heh

it lived to my expectations, so there no need.

it's true, though, LNs is a ridiculously bad medium and """""""""""""literature"""""""""""""

>all images must relate to anime

letting the author working with the anime staff was their mistake

What KyoAni is doing now is just adding fluff to a mediocre story. Even if you cover shit with diamonds, it's still shit.

>ipad
Not him, but that's obviously a laggy cheapo Samsung tablet.
Guy probably wants to throw it away at this point, these things were shitty when they were introduced, and they get shittier over the years.

The fact that it was made by KyoAnus was the whole reason why I never even bothered to give it a chance.

I like the premise but the writing sucks. To that end I blame the script and the direction.

A slice-of-life type thing about a soldier trying to find a place in peacetime could be lovely.

Gosick was just as bad.

>i once read one poorly translated ln on baka tsuki so i think i am perfectly eligible to comment on the entire medium

Kek shaft BDs are hit or miss, look at the monogatari BDs. 50% of the 'improvements' are downgrades

>Guy probably wants to throw it away at this point,
Yeah...that's why he's using it...

You cant win an award this year has already won. Try again next year.

We both know you have nothing better to do than wait around for it, give it your best shot

>moot
>not anime

>crossed eyes Kissshot still isnt fixed in bds

You don't see pictures of my dick here either

This shitpost is excellent 10/10.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

In an alternate universe, VEG was by Shaft, Last Encore was by Trigger, and Franxx was by Kyoani.