So is this supposed to be the anime equivalent of Robot Chicken?

So is this supposed to be the anime equivalent of Robot Chicken?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/adetEssKxlk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wish it was more like Robot Chicken.

How can it be more like Robot Chicken? This show literally IS Robot Chicken.

No, it isn't. Did you only watch the first episode? There's not enough references.

No, this show is too far up its own ass trying to be "avant garde" or "surreal" or some other buzzword. Most of the "jokes" are that there is no joke, there's no punch line, it's just set up and then "didn't see that coming lol". Shows like robot chicken had actual sketches, usually complete, self contained but short bits, with a setup and punch line. Which, by the way, I think would be very entertaining as an anime.

There's plenty of references and it caters to the "LOLSORANDUMBXD" crowd. That's Robot Chicken in a nutshell.

It's the anime equivalent of the big bang theory desu

>No, this show is too far up its own ass trying to be "avant garde"
Fucking secondaries

Robot Chicken's jokes had punchlines.

>Most of the "jokes" are that there is no joke, there's no punch line, it's just set up and then "didn't see that coming lol".
That's basically what Robot Chicken does too.
>Shows like robot chicken had actual sketches, usually complete, self contained but short bits, with a setup and punch line.
Um, no. Robot Chicken is just complete random nonsense with references to pop culture sprinkled about with no punchline either. Pop Team Epic literally does the exact same thing.

This shit isn’t funny.

No they didn't.

You should rewatch robot chicken because you are remembering it wrong. It had a much higher ratio of joke: antijoke.

it's just a gag show with sometimes meta jokes

No, it's a shitty 4koma and references are anime only thing much like the switching channel thing.

Nope. The anime equivalent of The Big Bang Theory is Umaru. Demo said so in his review.
youtu.be/adetEssKxlk

Why would I rewatch a show made for 12-year olds?

>the switching channel thing
THERE! THAT'S IT! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT ROBOT CHICKEN DOES! POP TEAM EPIC IS LITERALLY ROBOT CHICKEN!

Robot chicken is random parodies switching between each other, it's take every popular culture shit and make a joke about, it's just like every other shows out there exept it's just do the joke without some kind of sitcom pretext.
Pop team is just 4koma with absolute random nonsense like you said, but it doesn't have parodies and it's not the focus, it's just anime trying to fill the space,

I'm not saying the original 4koma is like Robot Chicken. I'm saying that the SHOW is just like Robot Chicken.

>Most of the "jokes" are that there is no joke
Yet another surface-roamer I see.

In the matter of truthfulness, one needs a sharper look at a series' motifs to truly appreciate Poptepipic, and cursory knowledge of its subject material proves detrimental to its enjoyment. Moreover, there's Popuko's unrelenting set of ideals that is aptly woven int her personality - her stature and demeanor mirrors heavily from Jun'ya Ota's body of work. The Poptepipic otaku grasp as much; they have the demanded accumulated knowledge to realize how far these gags carry and realize they are beyond amusing - they celebrate the culture in ways Newtype could barely dream of in its existence. In itself, that means the show's plentiful detractors lack the nuance to truly appreciate what's beyond the surface - naturally, they can't fathom the referential humour in the catchphrase "Okotta?" and the myriad otaku works it parodies and deconstructs through all of its runtime. There is some vacancy to be felt inside as you realize pretty much all of the detractors fail to appraise the adequate level of craft bkub has imbued his trademark franchise. Orokanamonomega...

Incidentally, I do happen to be in possession of a Pipimi dakimakura. And no, it is not for your eyes to see. I reserve the right to display that to my choosen otome should she decide to come over visit. Shouganaine~!

Well then it's just anime trying to imitate the style, doesn't really make it robot chicken in terms of content though.

>call someone out on dismissing the anime with shallow, infactual reasons
>I have no argument therefore I must claim b-b-bait
Heh... how amusing.

they aren't anime-only
it pokes fun at (japanese) internet nerd subculture as a whole

Nigga, you literally just repackaged the "To be fair, you have to have a high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" copypasta into one for Pop Team Epic. How am I supposed to take your post seriously?

>everything I don't like is a copypasta
Haunting. I suppose this is what Sup Forums and their SJW boogeyman look like, seeing things that aren't there.

Should you feel like addressing the points contained in the post you so readily dismissed, I will await your challenge.

>listening to a dead youtube celeb
>watching anime youtubers

as expected of abusefaggot

Robot chicken has jokes.
Pop team is merely reference memes.

The show even promotes "Lmoa don't be a stupid fake inteligent unlike us you subculture bitch"

need to work out that brain for those IQ gains bruh, you ain't up to snuff.

No it's NOT.
IT'S NOT MOCKING ANYTHING
IT'S NOT A TAKE ON DECONSTRUCTION SUBVERTING EXPECTATION OF PARODIES or any other stupid pretentious horse crap people like to say.
It's a stupid 4koma, that one guy make to get paid because people love stupid shit with two weirdly looking cute schoolgirls.
If you are seriously stupid to think that a sketch where one girl is switched places with the sun is some kind of le epic reference and satire of LE NERD culture, then no wonder why the world is so full of idiots.

it literally makes fun of people making fun of it
ie you

Robot Chicken didn't have jokes. It was a meme show too.

Is this the new copypasta? Does this mean PTE has reached the pinnacle of shit?

>new
tooling with templates doesn't count

Delete This!!!!