New Lupin III Part 5 teaser is out and there is no thread. Gotta fix that

New Lupin III Part 5 teaser is out and there is no thread. Gotta fix that.

youtube.com/watch?v=6yEOs2PkswU

big if true

Is it really part 5 if he doesn't have a new jacket color?

Lurk more.
They don't seem to care about changing it up anymore which is odd considering they usually make a big fuss over the idea of a new jacket. They even did it with black jacket which is not even official. I'd rather they just called S2 of blue jacket. If you notice though, the colors are much more pale compared to what we saw in Part 4. In fact, the color scheme looks more like what we saw in Jigen's Gravestone. A lighter neon kind of blue.

Looks similar to part IV which I liked so I'm happy.
Blue is probably my least favorite color in general but it looks so nice on Lupin I'm happy to see it still being used.

My little brother seemed to enjoy what of part IV I showed him too, so maybe we can watch this together, which might be nice. Any news on release date?

April of this year is when it will air.

bump

>Red Jacket Zenigata

They changed everyone's outfit except Lupin

which is a crime. I don't see what's so difficult about just having a new color. It's been this way since the second series which came out in the late 70's. We already have an entire series and 2 OVA's with him in a blue jacket. let that shit die. It's an autistic complaint but they should know better. At least don't call it part 5 then. Why not just call it a second season. It will be weird seeing covers of Lupin books throughout the ages and for some odd reason you have 2 Lupins on the cover that look the same.

the best part of that was zenigata has a spiffy ass new hat.

>It's an autistic complaint but they should know better.

It really isn't. It's a tradiotion i don't see why they wouldn't keep it. Maybe because Blue Jacket had too few episodes? Green had few too yet part 2 was Red anyways

Is Goemon's robe fucking green? I'm hyped of course, I just hope they don't blow it with the supposed focus on futuristic gadgets.

What if the theory that this will be connected to Green vs Red (loosely, like part 4 was to Castle of Cagliostro) and the one in the trailer is actually Yasou?

It's yellow.

Isn't it yellow? Am i color blind? Are you?

No and that's a stupid theory.

Am I seeing things or in trailer Lupin's hair a bit longer than usual?

They look similar but it is probably just the artstyle.
I wouldn't mind, i liked that movie, Afropin was great

Considering this comes after the 50th annyversary one would have thought they'd bring back the green jacket if anything

Great idea. Have him wear previous jacket for an episode or two just to fuck with fans and then ditch it for a swanky new suit by the third. Blue is fucking boring and the most casual color for a suit next to black of course. Lupin needs flashier colors. The monocle is cool though. Makes me want a Lupin series that takes place during the late 19th/early 20th century. Give me a series during his grandfather's era where he's wearing the cape and top hat.

Also Gold Babylon is avant-garde and i'm excited for it being released on blu ray for the first time ever this year.

One last thing. apparently after the final episode of part IV airs tonight on Toonami, there will be a panel with the people who worked on the english release. There's will be a "special surprise". It's probably going to be a release date for the series, maybe they're picking up the new series, or perhaps they're going to tell us they've licensed one of the films that haven't gotten released here yet like the Goemon film. Tune in because we might get more Lupin.

I don't know much about Toonami, but wouldn't they censor half of the Goemon film?

>Considering this comes after the 50th annyversary one would have thought they'd bring back the green jacket if anything
They're already doing this. It was announced like a week or 2 ago that the next Lupin special will be them remaking the first green jacket episode and it will be directed by Monkey Punch himself.

No i'm not saying they are going to air it on TV. The company that's putting out blue jacket is also the same one who licensed the Jigen's Gravestone OVA. I'm saying now we might finally get an English release for the Goemon movie.

Truly a great time to be alive.

How come i never heard of this? I even follow Telecom on twitter
I'm actually hyped for this

follow more people who tweet Lupin stuff regularly to get all the Lupin news.

I wish Lupin was more popular in the west, I feel like it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I always thought Lupin Green Jacket had the most random first episode. I already knew all the characters so I didn't care but I feel like being introduced to the franchise with some race episode must be quite the weird thing.

Still kind of weird considering Telecom produces all lupin stuff and they didnt promote this
Maybe i just didnt notice it

It's a good thing it's not ridiculously popular. Last thing I want is another JoJo. The fanbase for Lupin is pretty amazing aside from a few hardcore fans I've come across and it's not even because of their opinions on Lupin. Some are just obnoxious and petty people who are most likely autistic. Basically what i'm saying is it's nice to have a moderately popular series with a great fanbase rather than an overly popular series with a toxic fanbase. At least with these threads we can have good discussions.

I don't like that first episode. In fact I don't like the first few episodes. I think Pycal was shit too. Manga version was better. The first great episode was the jail one.

Lupin is pretty well known in the west outside of America but it my experience it has zero appeal to the current generation of anime fags and the whole ironic weeb crowd. And I'm glad for that. My uncle watched Lupin with me when I was a kid and he's the kind of person that wouldn't touch anime with a ten foots pole.

Lupin Red Jacket used to air on MTV 2 over here at the most random times and I think this was pretty much the only time it was ever really on TV. So I am not surprised it isn't all that popular over here.

I don't even think it's possible for Lupin to "become another JoJo." There's no clear starting point, almost all of it is episodic, and it's not offensive enough to get indignant about for e-peen on social media.

How is jojo offensive? Granted that I took distance from anything thats not the monthly chapter around 2013.

i just watched Babylon - probably the most non-sense movie plotwise, but fuck me it was really entertaining and had some of the most amazing chase scenes in the franchise

Sorry, I was accidentally channeling my frustration watching people post their dumb opinions on Go Nagai's body of work after they finished watching Devilman Crybaby. JoJo's not really that offensive.

Making my way through Part 2 and this franchise seems to be rather mediocre, apart from some movies and episodes.

Well, can't say I share the same sentiment. The first series is pretty much my favorite anime.

Are you blind? It looks like all those dogshit mid-00s character designs.

The first series is way better in terms of consistent quality, IMO.

It's not THAT bad.

I hope they implement the gadgets well. It won't feel right if they lack Lupin's theatrical sense.

Part 1 had some real tight scripts and storyboards, but in the end it's still an action comedy with barely any animation. This really hinders its potential.

Isn't it popular in Italy? I think they got a lot of the best stuff back in the day.

It still is today, long story short it trascends anime. Last time I went to a mall I saw one shop only selling Lupin paintings or whatever these are called.