Scanlation thread. What are you working on this weekend, Sup Forums?

Scanlation thread. What are you working on this weekend, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/pr6hwy.jpg
files.catbox.moe/tloyac.jpg
mediafire.com/folder/dk86ntbbjq13j/Shirato_Sanpei_Artbook
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=19894
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=108371
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

New Kanna's Daily Life chapters.

What's the best way to tackle gutter shadow from scans? Just careful use of dodge tool?

Select the area with the gutter shadow and level it a second time until it's gone, or if needed level it until part of it is gone, reduce your selection again, and repeat until finished

What do you all think of Mangadex?

So the classic route huh? Guess I'll just roll with that then. I was hoping there would be some tech tricks when it comes to this stuff

It's by Doki, so automatically it's shit and doomed to fail. Also >OVH

Seems fine so far, features are already looking better than Batoto at least. Just have to see how long it lasts. Manga.sh is dead in the water as expected.

Nope, the only good "trick" would be to rescan the thing properly.

some sort of gradient applied dodging?

I wish I had that option sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches

Will typeset a cgset, translate another cgset and start working on redrawing.

Some of the early stumbling blocks make me question their ability to think critically.
>Chapters were originally sorted by upload date. Now they're sorted by chapter, with no user-sorting available.
>FTP access should have been priority number one.
>FTP uploads will be handled manually to some extent, when it would have made more sense to provide a unified naming structure for everyone to follow, so they can parse all of the filenames in the same way
>Mixed file formats were somehow an issue at the start
None of this is deal breaking but it does make me wonder

Same thing as every other weekend when I'm working on something, still 2.5 volumes to go...

Has anyone gotten an uploader's account on Meguca recently, because neither email nor IRC have been replied to.

It's meh. Still wondering if I should upload my manga there or nah.

I would hope more people would work on Jagaaaaaan!

Very meh,
what happened to manga.sh
I don't have high hopes for either to be honest, but something will come alive when the smoke clears, maybe

I don't see how FTP access should be the first priority, it's not really useful for anything but dumping a million of chapters that will still need some management on the actual website even if you do actually take care to rename everything. Not saying it isn't important - it certainly is for that specific purpose - but the first priority is to make sure the actual normal operation of the site is solid (it clearly isn't right now).

It's wip, give it some time. Mangadex is a copy paste of Anidex so of course they were ready day one.

It's shit a la Gantz or any other action hero trash published in seinen magazines.

Looks like I better get to work on translating it then

Looking good to me. They're adding single-page mode, once that's in I don't see any other major stumbling blocks.

Just finished my first volume, feels good man.

FTP access should have been a priority to help get all the old manga uploaded, is what I think the other guy meant.

Other major issues;
mixing jpg/png works fine, but the server doesn't serve them properly
you have to pad filenames, 1.png-27.png will skip 1-9, 01.png-027.png will work fine.
still can't edit chapters once they're uploaded, fucking reeeee

To be fair, you should be padding filenames anyway. But yeah, they need to add the ability to replace individual pages as soon as possible.

I was very smug when I saw people complaining about issues with unpadded filenames, I'll freely admit that.

And if they add that, it'll be flatout better than Batoto. No more reuploading v2s to fix shit.

bullshit
Clean upload is the better option. it's a 5-50 page chapter, not like it takes that long to upload and delete the previous..

Is there an easy way of lining up two pages for double pages? I've been doing it by eye.

Smooth out the panel borders in the middle, it's still plainly obvious where you joined the spread. And no, because sometimes publishers completely fuck up the alignment of spreads and you end up having to crop off art or not doing it at all.

Welp, damn.
And yeah, I'm not done with this one yet. Just wanted an image to post.

You can put both pages on different layers, make one layer half transparent and then move one layer over the other to see if one of them needs to be rotated.

Is there a good resource for the meanings of set phrases? I never know what to do when I encounter shit like this

>go to upload stuff to the ftp for mangadex
>get the info
>open the specified port
>go to use the website
>keep just getting the authentication window over and over after I put in the credentials
Am I missing something?

>shounen and shoujo are in "genre" instead of demographic
Those niggers need to change it to tags instead because those are not genres.

I'm going to wait a bit before uploading anything, because it feels like it was rushed out the door so that it'd be out before Batoto finally went under, so it's lacking in a lot of basic features right now. All I did was upload a banner.

I'm somehow blind and I can't somehow see the difference so I need some opinions on which is better:
imgur archive download (0.8 MB)
files.catbox.moe/pr6hwy.jpg
original pdf calibre extract (1.4 MB)
files.catbox.moe/tloyac.jpg

No idea why people don't work on jagan. I release a shitty chapter and suddenly everyone is all over my dick. It's great for the ego.

Those look the exact same, even the screentone artifacts that you'd normally expect in JPGs are in the same spot in both images. I suspect one is just bloated because it's 256 greyscale or something.

Yeah, that's the thing. You'd normally see the difference by just looking at the tones properly but they arr rook same.
Does imgur compress images though? As pdfs are just a container after all so I assume it also hold the original images.

Are you the guy machine translating it by dumping the text into romaji desu?

It looks great, user. Where did you get this image? I can only find lower quality ones

Well shit, that helps. Thanks.

I see literally zero difference.

No, that'd be too much effort

It's from Shirato Sanpei's artbook that I scanned.

Top one is better, it has slightly less intense jpeg artifacting

Imgur compresses images that are too big. You need an account to suppress that.
Yep, imgur sucks

It's gorgeous. Do you mind sharing?

here is every single difference between the two images

mediafire.com/folder/dk86ntbbjq13j/Shirato_Sanpei_Artbook

>still can't edit chapters once they're uploaded, fucking reeeee
There should be an option to edit at the bottom of the page if you open the chapter for viewing.

I just checked and the scanlator has account but I not sure if they disabled the compress option.
I'll probably just keep the pdfs for the sake of it and use the imgur archives for viewing.
They should just provide DL links to begin with and time it if they're being autistic about it.

copied both images set layer blending to subtract, create new from visible,
invert colours, select by colour all white cells, invert selection fill selection with black.
the colour histogram can tell you a lot before that.

Did you really believe it would be this easy?

Oh, I think I archived the 600dpi scans because every page is 101mb and I needed the Mediafire space.

he's strangely enough bitching about not being able to edit the image files retrospectively, not entirely sure why you'd want to if you've fucked up the image upload you should do it again

Given the freedom you have to delete and reupload old chapters, I don't see why you don't do that.

Hello, how do I properly clean a colored page?

Oh, didn't realize you visited here too.
You're the hero the scanlation community doesn't deserve.

>It's simple, just reupload the chapter and break all the links to the chapter on other sites!
>>>>>retrospectively

>pdfs

What the fuck, I thought only a couple Jap ebooks stores did this shit.

Welcome to the current BL scanlation scene.

Because that can break any number of things. Being able to drop in a new zip file would be a massive improvement.

hold on are you saying to replace the zip file or to edit the previously uploaded files one image at a time?
Because you already can delete and re-upload Zip files?

Apparently nothing because the new cleaner for my project is reading but not responding to the group leader's messages

I mean be able to replace the .zip file containing all the images of a chapter, without having to reupload it.

Would still appreciate a response to this if anyone else has had the same problem

I think Romajidesu has something like it

how exactly can you replace a zip file without uploading a new one in its place?

Magic.

Fuck me, I meant reupload the chapter. I don't want to send out a new notification for the same chapter, it's bad form.

Does Mangadex not have an (a)rchive flag?

I hate having to clean this thing, it requires a full surgery setup every time, and you don't know if it's actually clean until you reassemble it and do a test scan.

I didn't notice one when I was using it yesterday. Give it a week and it'll probably have one.

I'm not seeing anything like that, but thanks anyway

You're supposed to clean something other than the glass?

I remember there were some common phrases
otherwise you could search for some sort of idiom dictionary, maybe there's something like that?

The inside of the scanner, and the scanner head. The 9000f is a pain because it doesn't neatly disassemble, you have to pry the pane off from the snatch locks on the inside, which requires brute force.

I don't think there's a really great idiom dictionary, unfortunately. I'll just have to keep putting the full sentence into google.jp and seeing what pops up.

Nope.

Just bought a new scanner. Any requests for officially translated manga scans?
Looking good so far, needs some more integral updates and cleaning and it should be alright. It's better than nothing though.

Why is there no Japanese language on mangadex?

Which scanner? I can also take requests I suppose. A friend of mine bought Wild 7 and Only One Wish to scan.

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=19894

It would be nice if Fate/Extra got picked up again now that the anime is about to start.

Because it's not intended to host raws.

If you do raw manga scans as well, I've been looking for someone to scan the remaining volumes of this so that I can translate it.

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=108371

So far only the first volume is scanned and translated.

Perhaps Rororro!. It's in Weekly Shonen Champion, started up not that long ago, and is done by the author of Mitsudomoe

They're lazy faggots, you have to be patient.

I'm pretty sure my typesetter abandoned me. It's been a month since I've heard from him and he hasn't replied to my email last week.

What were you working on?

Says it imported all the manga titles from Batoto, but all 3 manga I TLed over time are not in it.
Fucking lying sociopaths, the lot. Also each page takes a full minute to load for some reason.

I started practicing typesetting for shitposting and helping on live dumps for series I like/edits for anons. I'm new to Photoshop and typesetting though. hopefully I can be useful around here eventually

I thought Chihiro was the best girl. She wasn't just some gimmick.

Best girl won. Also turn anti aliasing on.

that was just a quick edit at the time, normally I have it on

she was the only real option really, all the other girls were just classic dating sim archetypes. I don't see why Sup Forums lost their shit so hard at that point.

>I don't see why Sup Forums lost their shit so hard at that point.
Because most of Sup Forums was rooting for either Ayumi or Tenri.

that's true. even I felt bad for how bad Tenri got shit on in particular, also Ayumi got her memory back the fastest too then she saw the guy she liked seduce her best friend and other girls after her arc.
Thinking back the suffering for all those anons was pretty bad. we got our share of it after the festival though.

what do most redrawers use when fixing manga pages? a stylus/mouse/etc.

Mouse.

Mouse. Unless I need to draw curves, but often just copy/pasting curves that's around the area will be enough.

a trackpad