Why does Sup Forums hates this?

Why does Sup Forums hates this?
>looks great
>top-tier waifu material
Sup Forums should be thrilled, yet everyone seems to think poorly of this series

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LKCrOLcDbjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's boring.

when the plot of your multi-billion dollar magnum opus manages to make even less sense than Marchen Madchen you know you've fucked up

It's trash. The animation is the only good thing, the rest is really bad.

KyoAnus haven't realized that their worthless waifushit only works if you don't burden it with a noticeable plot, since their plots are horrendous since forever but usually irrelevant.

I'm liking it so far

Same problem as always, Kyoani pursues realism so intently that they lose the charm of animation. It's why their action shows are so fucking horrible. The fights just feel weightless. Their shows are always very technically proficient, but completely lack the spark that makes me care about a show.

Sup Forums loves it. The IRC crew is simply spamming samefag shitposts about it like they do every KyoAni show.

Excuse me, but my shitposts are unique and wholly my own, thank you very much

Good thing we aren't as shallow as we think we are.

While the visuals are there, the writing is too corny and melodramatic for the sake of being melodramatic.
>girl has lost her beloved one and her hand in an exaggerated theatrical way
>now she must learn to live and love once again
>Daaaaaaaaaaaaawwww (not)
This is fucking weak.

Also the setting seems like it was written by someone who doesn't know shit about wars.

It's painfully average so far, people were expecting too much of this, but it's just anime.

I Ironically like it.

What are some non corny/chuuni premises this season?

Neither the horror anthology nor the journey to antarctica is corny/chuuni

You're right, one is just awful and the other has no plot at all.

>this incredible salt

Success breeds jealousy. KyoAni, being the most successful studio naturally will have the most shitposters.

He's right though.

>he

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

>Sup Forums loves it
You naive fool.

When will you learn that Sup Forums shits on everything

She then?

This is true. What's telling about VEG is how little people praise it.

Sup Forums is loving Yurucamp and Franxx, the few threads this show has are filled with people who don't like the show and the few Kyoani fans getting mad that no one is blindly praising it like they are.

>Why does Sup Forums hates this?
Because Sup Forums loves stuff like RE:Creators and Franxx.
Let that sink in for a moment.
Now look back at pre-GG Sup Forums.
You're allowed to feel sad now.

Sometimes unpopular mahou shoujo series fly through without getting pooped on much at all.

However in Evergarden's case there are like an entire two people that think it's good.

To be fair, Franxx has better directing, premise, animation and characters than Violet so far. Not saying it's a great show, just better than Violet.

FMA did it better.

>Sup Forums likes ambitious shows that are heavy on dialogue, action, and thematic consistency
>this is bad

When I started posting here the board was obsessed with Code Geass, Samurai Champloo, and TTGL.

I have no trouble calling FranXX good.

I didn't think about that comparison. And FMA had a waaaay better first episode.

I'm genuinely liking it. Sup Forums is just triggered because it's a KyoAni anime and there is always a lot of shitposting when it's KyoAni.
I'm not saying this is the best anime ever or even the AOTS (imo AOTS is a tie between Koi wa and CCS), but it's really good and charming.
You can find this boring or uninteresting, but it's not "garbage"

I do, it's decent but not good yet, does have more potential than Violet.

I don't think anyone actually thinks it's bad, just very average, and that's funny since it got hyped for so long

I'd call any anime that's boring or uninteresting "garbage". Basic relativistic linguistic philosophy.

Thanks for proving my point.

>pilot the women
>fanservice ahoy
>MC copy pasted from LN protags for maximum self insert potential
>2 girls already want his dick by episode 2
>CGI after CGI after CGI
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Almost as bad as saying DxD was AOTS.

Who is this? That's a good quote

I don't hate it it's just not even top 3 this season despite the hype.
Also Violet is shit waifu material get some taste.

If entertainment fails to be entertaining it deserves to be called garbage

It seems like you get caught up in very surface-level details. I can believe that VEG would appear good to you in that case.

And even with all those cliches, it's still better than Violet. It's pretty sad actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=LKCrOLcDbjE

Franxx is definitely better than Violet but don't pretend that it isn't shallow. "Surface level" details is all it has going on at the moment.

Being entertaining is just one of the purposes an anime can try to fill. Anime is also art, and art doesn't need to be entertaining or enjoyable to be great.
So far VEG doesn't really seem like high quality art either, but the general concept than anime needs to be entertaining to be good is wrong. Anime isn't entertainment, it's art.

>surface level
I must've missed the deep stuff found inside the girl's asses that keep occupying the screen every minute or so.

Sad is being a manbaby who still drools over such drivel.

it's pretty good

I disagree. I think it has already managed to set up a more interesting thematic conflict than VEG. It's pretty much a sister show to Star Driver, using mechs as a vehicle to explore teenage sexuality.

FranXX has the potential to go full EVA, they just need the balls to go through with it

>I must've missed the deep stuff found inside the girl's asses that keep occupying the screen every minute or so.
Yes, that's correct.

>he thinks his chinese cartoons industrially produced with the sole purpose of selling figurines is "art"
Do you think the Transformers movies are art too?

It takes itself so seriously for something with such weak characters and plot that it's almost an unintentional comedy.

Using X as concept to explore teenage sexuality is a pretty beat up trope in anime, my man. It's as interesting as cute girls in a club.

Can you give me a good example of what you mentioned?

hitchcock

I would recognize Hitchcock

Great.

I think it's usually very hesitant. Star Driver was exceptional in how thoroughly and aggressively it was determined to ask awkward questions and search for answers. It completely fucked up the landing, but the setup was good. I'm hoping Franxx can actually stick it.

Check out the fights in Kyokai no Kanata. I was actually excited for that show, but after a couple of episodes found myself shocked at how uninterested I was in watching it. It just feels lifeless.

>kyoanifags hype the shit out of show
>KYOANIFINDSAWAY.xls
>show comes out
>many people don't really like it
>impossible! it must be shitposters and kyoani haters
While some of the posts are just trolls trying to piss you guys off since it is so easy, extreme fans of Kyoani really need to get a grip of reality.

Because other than pretty animation, it's garbage.
5/10 series. Whenever Kyoani tries to adapt something more "serious" they always get the tone of the material wrong. Or, should I say Ishidate? It's pretty similar to how tonally incoherent Kyoukai no Kanata was.
It's pretty much an overproduced soap opera at this point.

The animation isn't that pretty anyway. It's all very basic stuff we've seen in other Kyoani shows.

I found it, Jean Renoir

it's not gonna happen user, and if it does people are just gonna say it's 3deep5me and it will become a laughing stock

it's always the same shit when things are hyped as fuck, that's why I don't have high expectations for any upcoming anime and still I end up enjoying some of them.

I mean indeed you can call any anime garbage from your point of view, but like that user said anime is also art, the quality of animation and all that stuff, and on that point VEG is good, I'm not saying great but at the very least good.
I mean, you can't compare VEG with a random cheap anime you could find every season.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't find "that cheap anime" more entertaining than Violet, but VEG has some qualities that make it not "pure garbage" (even if, again, no one prevents you from thinking this, and the world is good like that).

>kyoanifindsaway.xls

Wow, you are really fitting in now aren't you crossboarder?

> the quality of animation and all that stuff,
Only the animation in this is good. And I mean that. The directing is very by-the-numbers, the layouts/cinematography is very flat, as is the design work. Voice acting is decent and music is passable but poorly used. Literally the only genuinely good thing in VEG is the animation. Overall, it is a painfully mediocre anime.

you wish you could witness saber with kyoani's art.

>oh no, he visits other boards
>HELP.bmp

wow, who knew that a kyoani hater would be an admitted crossboarder.

What does one thing have to do with the other?

Bad directing weak characters no interesting ideas or concepts to talk about.

Please don't respond to me anymore filthy crossboarder.

It's not bad, but itsn't that great either.
I mean, the plot is literally the classic
>autistic MC that doesn't know love wants to know what love is, but MC was already in love/already knew love since the beginning
Though those are usually made with robots/non-living things, which is kind of a point in this series too because they even gave her those full metal arms and everyone calls her "an object".

Dude, fuck off.

>Literally the only genuinely good thing in VEG is the animation.

And it's already a pretty good point I think. Art-wise I think it's good, my only problem would be the "blur effect" they're using which is a bit too much for me.

>top-tier waifu material
>DUDE THE CUTE GIRL IS RETARDED LMAO

Not all bald, fat, old men who speak sensibly about art are Hitchcock. Hitchcock would especially not have said "why the hell would."

This is how I feel about Franxx too. It's not deep but it does a great job with its sexuality symbolism and it's pretty clearly not intended to be subtle about it. It's actually kind of nice that it just lays it out there.
Also somehow a dumb mech show about sexuality has better character driven drama early on than an actual drama which I feel like is a huge miss for VEG.
I can't even pretend like VEG is setting up things for later because I'm clearly meant to be feeling for the characters already. Instead it has some of the worst characterization this season which is problematic.

>Samurai Champloo
No.

I did like it at first. A story about a robot-girl made for one thing, but re-purposed for war, then getting all messed in the head when trying to learn about emotions and the real world. Buit then I found out she is actually a human... That kinda makes the whole plot fall apart. Why did the military invest in a small girl to go to war? For shits and giggles? This makes Gilbert seem like a dick carrying a child solider around with him. So the story devolves into a little girl super child soldier story.

Keep watching. Violet's true nature is somewhat revealed in the novel.
But let me warn you: it's chuuni-ish

>in the novel

That is significantly worse.

Yes, the novel that is being adapted into an anime. Is there a problem with that sentence?

I'd rather have it this way than believe the military picked up some small girl to turn her into some killing machine.

Just a little analysis on Hodgins, and how this story might actually end up being good.

Episode 1: A man who had seen the horror of war first hand can't even tell Violet that Gilbert died, for seemingly no reason other than "forced drama".
Episode 2: We find it's because he himself hasn't accepted Gilbert's death. That's puts his previous actions in line with the theme that's being presented: people don't say what they mean and polite society is a dance around it. This is because they are hesitant to accept how straightforward their desires are, or they are afraid of how people will react to those desires.

I thought it was refreshing that there was actually a reason for that, considering countless shows just do the whole "lol gonna withhold pertinent information just because" thing.
Thanks for reading my blog :^)

yea usually the military would pick little girls to turn them into sex machines.

>Is there a problem with that sentence?
Yes.

>>top-tier waifu material
>the best you can do is an autistic spaz
user

Spoilers.
The initial reaction from some of the soldiers that first found 10 years old Violet was trying to rape her. Needless to say she killed them and got picked up by Gilbert's brother as a weapon. At least the author is well aware of what would happen to a young aryan girl during war time.

Literally every time people post more about the story of VEG I feel dumbfounded that people thought this was the highest quality thing Kyoani has ever used as source material

Boring characters, boring world, nothing interesting happens = Sup Forums is underwhelmed.

They gave it their grand prize on all 3 categories as well. Oh but there's more, much more.
But this is as far as I'll go with spoilers, I've said enough already.

>top-tier waifu material
>Autistic person who doesn't have a personality only to say muh coronel

I cant stand the uneventfulness

It makes me wish i was doing somethig else

>coronel
why did you say that name?!