Urusei Yatsura

Discuss this old anime here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8iu0XFUQc
youtube.com/watch?v=SpDgG-bz6z8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SEXY ONI

Well, it's fun.

I never finished it . It's fun but I am thinking it's more a show to catch a few episodes every once in a while. I tried to marathon it and got bored.

I wish I had a blue haired space demon to impregnate.

Wonderful

Remake when

It'd look like this.

Or like this.

Hot Lum tentacle action!

Is it weird they were voiced by the same woman?

Ran is perfect FYI.

Still haven't finished but it does have it's moments, some better done than in the manga even.

Trigger just copied the lum character in Darling franxx

Barely got to see her in her space-kini.

Fuck, Cuddle, Marry, Friendzone.

Miia from Monster Musume says Darling just as a tribute to Lum.

Nope

Considering the show literally has "Darling" in the title I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a transparent reference.

Fuck Oyuki, marry Lum, cuddle Benten, friendzone Ran, since she's a fucking space succubi.

>since she's a fucking space succubi.

That's why she's Best Girl.

She also gets fucked by Rei in his cow form.

>Rei
>having a sex drive

The only way Ran's ever getting any part of Rei's body into her is if she shoves a cupcake in her vagina.

>tfw the VAs in the show voiced characters from Mobile Suit Gundam and Dragon Ball.

>implying she hasn't done the peanut butter trick.

Yeah, Mendou was Kenshiro, he does the ATATATATATA during the series ending while chasing Ataru with his katana

She probably has yes.

Can we just make this a Rumiko thread?

So Ataru was a giant idiot for not instantly hitting this with the force of a nuclear weapon.

Sakura's originally was Benten.

Nah it'd look like Rinne most likely.

Translation?

Their daughter looks adorable.

Daughter says she can't wait to grow up and wear that bikini. Ataru being a stern devoted daddy says 'NO WAY' and Lum is saying 'YOU WERE FINE WITH IT WHEN I WAS YOUNGER'

>Lum will never baby sit Yotsuba.

TARA GTFOOO

>Three hot teens after you cause you may have fucked Lum.

Interdasting.

>you'll never wake up next to this.

Why is Rinne so shit?

It's not.

i always get the urge to rewatch this but then i remember its just several seasons of misunderstandings

It's fun though. Fun misunderstandings.

You guys know what I meant stop playing

I have no idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8iu0XFUQc

I AM A JAPANESE GOBLIN

Decades and she's still so great.

I'm 20 episodes into the show and it is pretty good, but the first 8 or so episodes are kinda rough in comparison to the others. After that the show is smooth sailing due to the constant introducing of other characters.

Honestly I don't like the way the anime completly discards the original mangw's chapter order. It slams the reset button down even harder then the manga does and it's been interesting seeing the gradudal developmet of not just the cast but also the story itself.

UY goes from mostly one shot syories with weird alien characters showing up and never returning with most of the jokes being how weird they are to stories about an ensamble cast with the humor and plot coming from their personalities and interwctions.

I want her to sit on my face

Believe me, it'll only get better. Many of the first 40 or so episodes are a bit weird in lame kind of way (with some notable exceptions). At a certain point, Oshii starts directing the show his way, and episodes start getting actual budgets.

>At a certain point, Oshii starts directing the show his way,

Aka focusing on his kewl ocs and pop culture references.

WHERRE CAN I READ THIS

But those things are fun.

Got an android phone or tablet? If yes, get f-droid (which you should have on all your android devices anyway) and get lone of the manga reader apps off it. I use Tachiyomi but Mi Manga Nu isn't bad either.

>shit quality image
Spic detected.

Translation when/where?

Maison Ikkoku is better.

Remember that Rumiko Takahashi invented the little sister that wants to fuck her older brother in anime.

> tfw Toshio Furukawa was this smug cunt

She also invented shitty parents that ruin their children's lives in anime.

I think Miyuki did it first, technically.

Absolute joy to watch. While I understand it's a comedy anime, I wish there was some more narrative structure and continuity, e.g. not forgetting that a certain plotline has been done before, or a certain character trait, etc. The trippy and absurdist scenes are wonderful mindfucks. Interactions between characters are spontaneous and natural. It's a fun anime to watch along with bae. The show runs the full gamut from adorable (Ataru holding hands with Lum in the snow), to hilarious (birdzilla), to trippy (some of the dream sequences), to haunting (Ataru's mother, as a girl, alone in wreckage,as children sing which seems to be an obvious allusion to Allied bombing of Japan), to sad (Ryu's mom). What an emotional rollercoaster of a show. All of the songs are top notch, too.
Into the ovens you go.

Part of why I like the anime better than the manga is because it gives a bit more thought to adult characters who weren't really huge parts of the original manga.

It definitely showcases the difference of opinion that Takahashi and Oshii have on parents and teachers.

The reason parents in Takahashi comedies are useless at best and antagonistic at worst is that part of comedy is skewering societal rules and expectations.

Portraying the elders and teachers you're supposed to respect and obey simply due to having those roles in part Japanese culture as buffoons and malignant idiots is satire, and is pretty funny. Takahashi does a fair amount of direct mocking and criticizing of Japanese social mores.

Notably, Inuyasha, not being a wacky comedy, actually has fairly reliable and good parents for the bulk of the cast... if tragically dead.

God Mitsuru knows.

Anyone who watched UY should see familiarities

youtube.com/watch?v=SpDgG-bz6z8

I'm watching it for the first time right now. First few episodes were painful to get through but it finally got good at episode 10.

>First few episodes were painful to get through
Kill yourself shitter.

>watching the shit quality dvd rips when there are excellent bds readily available
What a dumbass.

>guy says he actually likes the show
>defensive OP still gets mad
This is why your threads usually just turn into you spamming Lum like a loser.

I'm the guy calling you an idiot for watching shit quality rips, and that applies to any show, moron.

Pardon me for not wanting to find a 200 GB version of a gag show with not so great animation. I'd do it for something like CardCaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon, but not this.

But the first few episodes are bad. Not just the animation but the stories are really disjointed. The show gets better as time goes on.

It's not even close to 200gb you worthless idiot, and even then, it's still one of the best animated TV series from the 80s.
You're probably mexican or something. You might as well stream on kissanime like the retard you are.

>But the first few episodes are bad
For complete dumbfucks/fedora tippers like yourself, sure. For people with a grain of intelligence, they can appreciate how the snappy pacing complements the show's slapstick humor perfectly, the same way the manga did. The moment they started doing full episodes is when the quality dipped dramatically, at least initially. The caterpillar episode is the most boring episode in the entire show by a mile.

>dumbfuck
>fedora tipper
It's amazing how people like you end up looking more like the things you're accusing other people of when you parrot terms like this.

>shitter
>dumbass
>you must be mexican
>you're a dumbfuck
>fedora tipper
Obvious samefag is obvious. Because you have to push a childish insult into every post you make.

You don't know what samefagging is, idiot.

That only applies to morons like yourself, who can't retort with anything after being rightly put down.

>who can't retort with anything after being rightly put down.
Like you're doing now?

Like I did right here I always enjoy exposing idiots like you.

Honestly, the BDs are worth it for later episode where the artwork and animation improves.

Seriously, it's amazing how shitty the DVD looks in comparison.

The fatal flaw of the caterpillar episode is that the ending was was delivered straight, as opposed to being pretty acerbic in the manga.

I thought that chapter was really cute in the manga, and was pretty important for UY's development for showing Ataru as having decent human qualities because now Takahashi was writing stories were we wanted the cast to have happy endings.