What's your favorite Yuasa work?

What's your favorite Yuasa work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JPtbIeQWP3Y
youtu.be/6nSpvfOI1G0?list=PL6BgED1xmy3w_SiNqTAZRcovrjT9MPplq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ping Pong.

I don't hate myself, my people nor my race, so I'm not that fond of Yuasa's works

Same but I like Ping Pong

kemonofriends

what will you ask to yuasa tomorrow at the AMAs on r?

Kaiba.

What are you referring to?

Trips of truth.

I even cried when Popo dropped his mother's chip.

Is this one of those ironic weeb animes I keep hearing about?

Vanilla

Devilman Crybaby

Grandma

bait

bacically Warp was a sort of Lain

Maybe it's user's first Yuasa series. I honestly think Devilman is a great jumpoff point for introducing people to Yuasa's stuff.

Why did Devilman look so shit compared to his other anime?

Ping Pong, I guess I'll watch Tatami eventually but looks annoying to me.

Ping Pong followed by Devilman Crybaby

Ping Pong is unbeatable

I need to rewatch. I remember watching Abipa Utopia Planet at least once a day before the next episode got released.

Visually, Kemonozume and Devilman are a tie for me.
Story wise and stylistically, Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong are a tie.

I love all of them, Kick-heart not so much though.

also I wish people would stop shitting on Lu

that was 10 years ago!

I know. I realized that yesterday or so.

Kaiba

Ping Pong of course.
Matsumoto + Yuasa is a powerful combination.

What people are saying? Its a solid 6~7/10. Fun stuff.

>Matsumoto + Yuasa is a powerful combination.
It really is, I think it's Yuasa's best because Matsumoto's story was so compelling to begin with. I wish he'd adapt more of his manga, like Blue Spring. But the live action film is actually really good too.

Yuasa needs to work with the Kaiba composer again, seriously my favourite soundtrack to anything ever. youtu.be/JPtbIeQWP3Y

Devilman

It really matched the character designs that were rather doll-like. Even the ones that were fully (mostly?) human.

Yeah Kiyoshi Yoshida sure has range. To go from something as subtle as Kaiba to borderline gabber is pretty impressive desu. youtu.be/6nSpvfOI1G0?list=PL6BgED1xmy3w_SiNqTAZRcovrjT9MPplq

I thought the Kaiba character designs were a Tezuka homage.

Yuasa peaked at Ping Pong.

Mind Game, for sure. His creative peak, even if he doesn't think so.

The non-pretentious one, so none of them.

>weebs thinking yuasa's pretentious because the art style isn't generic

That user said nothing about art style. You have to admit he's pretentious all the stories he tells are really simple but DEEP. Also WEEBS XD
>>>/Reddit/

Ping pong was the only good thing he did.

His stuff is generally simple and straightforward, having a message doesn't make it pretentious.

Tatami Galaxy is a pretty good coming of age story. I really enjoyed The night is short, walk on girl too, but I don't think it's as strong as Tatami Galaxy.

I swear people are actually avoiding yuasa because he's mentioned in soy boy memes or something .

Liking crybaby over his other work is like saying Abe's best is nieA

I love Devilman but his adaptation was disappointing in more ways than one.

So gotta say Ping Pong since it at least stuck to the manga instead of of those dumb Ōkouchi rewrites.

Team bob epic

Tatami Galaxy

Good taste!

Everything this guy has made appeals to pretentious teens/""adults"" or self-loathing adults.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Sup Forums was supposed to grow out of it's loner phase a few years ago

Mind Game. It's not just his best work but one of the best anime movies period

>appeals to pretentious teens/""adults"" or self-loathing adults.
that applies to all anime.

Kill yourself, you fucking slave of memes. End your worthless fucking life.

Night is Short, Walk on Girl > Ping Pong > Tatami Galaxy > Mind Game >>>>>>>>> Devilman Crybaby

Others I haven't watched or I forgot.

Devilman Crybaby is an alright 6-7/10 kind of show but compared to all his other works it is trash.

woah this guy doesn't like the thing that is currently popular and well liked. Very impressive.

Ping Pong > Tatami > Crybaby = Night is short > Mind Game = Kaiba

Are there any non-meme subs for it yet?

Do you really want people who would not watch a series or movie because of the soyboy meme on Yuasa threads?

Actually everything I watch just makes my day better. I enjoy my life. Not everything has to be escapism.
I'm sure you've thought about it more than once. Follow through yourself, pussy.

Good. Less faggot crossposters from Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums shitting up Yuasa threads

>you're all pretentious now let me tell you how my personal taste is better and how my opinion is the important one
get over yourself

meant for

You tryhards can't even remember Happy Machine. What a battle of retards!

Go back to Sup Forums

I see a lot of love for kaiba all over Sup Forums. I thought everything up until the final arc was absolutely amazing. The way the show ended was a convoluted mess that lowered my rating of it. What did i miss? Should i rewatch it?

Ping pong and tatami galaxy are right up there in my top 10. It's too hard to choose between them.

Whoa look he drew funny 10/10 aoty.

all of them are shit

devilman, while shit, its better than the rest

Actual, sub-100 IQs. You probably finished the Calculus to Diff Eqs sequence in uni.

Whoa look me so smart me watch yuasa because mal told me he's good.

im sure this means something to you but it doesn't to me. Good one

I didn't give you permission to reply to me, ape.

Judge yourself, just look at the decline in Sup Forums and the rampant rise in yuasa fanboys.

High IQ has no association with post quality, unfortunately

Kaiba. Ping Pong's second and more consistently good, but the first half of Kaiba stuck in my head for a long time

One of the single most overrated directors currently and used as some sort of badge of honor by people new to anime.

Hardly. His stuff is about as entry level as you can get. Makes newer anime watchers comfortable as it looks just like their cartoons.

yet here we are, with crossposters and contrarians shit talking probably the most consistent, prolific AND creative director in the modern anime industry. Honestly, can someone actually give an example of a current director who is better?? How about you?

Be less obvious newcunt.

Yuasa is overrated shit.

This.

I need to watch it again in 1080p

>consistent
Oh no no no

typical contrarian arguments (not an argument at all)
Everything he's done is a level above 90 percent of anime just from a visual standpoint. Even his weaker shit like devilman and lu over the wall still have loads of inventiveness that makes them worthwhile.

>group of loser outcasts call people that don't agree with them apes
>gets told to loosen up
>"ohh wow look at this pretentious dog, thinks he's better than us!"
You're all fucking hopeless I hope your basements flood.

For me Kemonozume is still his best. Mind Game is also pretty amazing. Nekojiru-sou, too but he didn't direct that, but he was key figure in its creation.

It's funny because Ping Pong anime adaptation is basically 95% Matsumoto and 5% Yuasa, and what little of his personal touch he actually added was mostly pointless (the girl). More China was good but that was basically, storyboards were basically copy and paste layouts from the manga. Don't get me wrong, Ping Pong is amazing but that's thanks to Matsumoto's original work. It's the work with the least of Yuasa's touch.

This user is right. Yuasa is objectively perfect he makes hacks like Kon and Abe look like trash. Anyone that disagrees is a contrarian idiot.

Yoshitoshi Abe's stuff is way more pretentious than yuasa lol, still good though by anime standards
also Satoshi Kon is fucking dead, how is he current?

>Yoshitoshi Abe
he hasn't touched anything for years and project D hardly looks like an Abe project so doubt that's going to be any good (whenever it comes out)

nice strawman too btw

Genuine question here, what is a pretentious work? He's got a distinct visual style and the stories he adapts are pretty straightforward. Forcing yourself to hold an extreme opinion on something just because it got popular is something you do when you're an edgy 15 years old.

Typical contrarian replies.

Yuasa hates white people

It's not his work it's his fans. They, for whatever reason believe themselves brain lords for liking it.

Probably Mind Game.

Yeah, as a Matsumoto Taiyou fan who read the manga years before the anime, I honestly think there were quite a few missteps with Yuasa's adaptation to the point where I think it's about as good as the live action movie despite the anime being much longer and having the time to cover more material.

its like you faggots have an inferiority complex or something

source?

He's extremely overrated but his best was Ping Pong.

As an example of what I consider a fuck up, I think Smile's running scene was a big one because it barely lasted 5 seconds and then immediately got cut off into another scene. The live action movie was far better for that scene.

One scene I really did like which was anime-only is when Peco throws away his paddle into the river. That was one of the rare moments in the anime where Yuasa played things rather subtly, as opposed to the most of the episodes that kept repeating the whole hero and "blood tastes like iron" dialogue.

Since when does flash animation and high school tier scribbles mean it's unique or good.

flash is a tool