Is this a good anime?

I just want to know who thinks Hellsing is a good anime, and tell me if you like ultimate or the TV series. I would like to know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0_4nmW5GZhQ
youtu.be/hMNJwUUHMxc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Liked Ultimate, hated tv series. While the OVA does stay mostly true to the manga and Madhouse does end up taking over after the fourth one, it starts to look a little weird at the 8th or 9th.

go for the ultime, its the best one.

Look. I am going to do you a real solid. Watch the abridged OVA. It is pretty much a better then original

youtu.be/0_4nmW5GZhQ edit.

It's fantastic and one of the most visually satisfying OVAs out there.

the dub is pretty fantastic, too

I grew up with the TV series and it was my introduction to the series so I have a soft spot for it. OVA is great but overall I prefer the manga. The manga has a lot more humor and personality. TV series' OP song is fucking great youtu.be/hMNJwUUHMxc

Ultimate is the closest you'll get to Hirano's vision without reading the manga. That said, RTFM.

the anime ost is good, listen to it often

How about you watch it and find out for yourself?

My lads. That OST alone is enough to buy the TV series a spot in my heart.

It's amusing as fuck but I can't say if it is good.
That said Drifters is better.

If you want to get the full experience, watch the TV series first, and make your own impression of it. The OST is great, but the visuals are lacking and so is the story. The thing is, it follows the manga for the beginning and then starts going its own way, since the manga hasn't been finished. It's better to watch this first, and save the better one for the last. You could also think of this series as kind of side story, as it doesn't affect Ultimate at all.

Ultimate follows the manga 100%, with better visuals, but with a mediocre OST, but with a far better story and production. It's mindless and fun violence, so of you like that then you'll like the OVA.

And after that watch the Abridged version. Shit's hilarious, especially if you know the story before hand

The OST is so godly and it's bizarre how much it surpasses the Ultimate 's soundtrack.

Sorry, I just posted spoilers and forgot you hadn't watched it. I deleted my comment as soon as I could.

I don't' really like what the anime ultimately builds up to , though I understand the sheer spectacle of it. I wanted more of a 'we investigate this individual case' kind of show, I think.

Saying that, Integra is the best character ever, and there are scenes in the original show that aren't really the same in Ultimate to do with her character.

I say just watch both. It won't hurt, though I think the original series starts making stuff up about halfway point.

>abridged meme cancer
off yourself

>Watching an abridged version of an already abridged show
might as well read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia

I would say watch both - they are both good imo. And then watch Drifters if you like the Hellsing art style

The true animated Hellsing experience is to manually edit the TV into each and every episode of Ultimate, just as Hirano envisioned.

>TV OP

I can type the words good

It's shit.

It's so dumb that it was hard to enjoy for the long OVA episodes all the way through. Sure there's some cool action, but it doesn't overcome the show's other issues. Drifters is pretty similar.

>better then original
if by better you mean "nowhere near as good"