I’m on episode 2 and it’s so incredibly boring. It’s not poorly made...

I’m on episode 2 and it’s so incredibly boring. It’s not poorly made, but it’s shot so blandly And has such a bland world and main character, holy shit why. This is seriously made by trigger? Say what you want about them, at least their shows aren’t boring. I didn’t like kill la kill, but at least I was never bored while watching it. I can barley make it 12 minutes into episode 2

Yeah, it's shit.

you should watch Violet Evergarden instead, it sounds like it's more your speed.

It's made by former GAINAX employees that now work at A1-Pictures and Trigger (and someone else from former GAINAX).

Someone said: Pretty much GAINAX without Anno.

(There's other employees of those studios too, of course. Episode 1 & 2 seem to be mainly made by A1-Pictures with input from Trigger.)

Fuck off.

>former GAINAX employees

That would explain why it's basically Evangelion mixed with Aquarion.

Aquarion had trios inside combined mechas.

Your taste is so refined man, I really look up to you.

You can’t even post an opinion on it without all its manbaby fans getting butthurt.

It’s not that good. People will keep deluding themselves instead of just admitting that they enjoy a show that isn’t that good. There’s nothing wrong with that. Dumb entertainment is fine every once in a while.

It's remarkable how rabid they have grown and are so focused on t&a

I thought the first episode showed potential. but the second was just 30 minutes of nothing.

Why should I care what other people think about a show I enjoy (so far). Not like I ever thought about it's quality. And even if, the story matters or at least the relationships matter.

Can't be worse than Dragonar academy.

This might be trigger's worst and dullest work just yet. Even Kiznaiver wasn't this much of a snoozefest.

Exactly. You shouldn’t care. So go post in one of the dozen threads sucking its dick instead of this one.

>tfw user means it as an insult but actually blows himself out by recommending a superior show

oh hello discord.

The first episode was garbage pretentious monolog complete with smart virtical text poetry.
Did you understand the meaning of the birds? Most people missed it

> they enjoy a show that isn’t that good
To this day I can't actually figure out how that would even make sense, and I think everyone who spouts this bullshit is insane. "Good" just means "I like it" to begin with, it doesn't mean "it's intelligent and sophisticated" or whatever retarded meaning you're trying to read into it.

Is this the anti-yuri show?

I can see thinking it isn't good, but I can't see thinking it's "shot" blandly.

I'm just waiting for the sex scenes senpai.

Docking when?

>Speculah
>Shipping
>Best girl discussions
All shit.

This should feel like gainax though

It’s not good because the bird imagery is shoved in your face, the dialogue is predicatable and cliche, the main character is bland and uninteresting and constantly has his thoughts explain cia internal monologue, the annoying rival is poorly written and hammy and nobody who’s actually been bullied would think he’s a believable one, the way the cast reacts to his bullshit is unrealistic for the sake of allowing confrontation, the main heroine is all over the MC within seconds due to factors out of his own control, the drama is shoved into your face all at once in the span of a single episode, thus completely wasting 24 minutes of time without setting you up to care about the character who suffered, and the whole thing is littered with tropes like they were marking off a checklist instead of trying to tell a story.

It’s not a good show.

That should tell you something about the demographic that likes this show, shouldn’t it?

Damn I really liked the first week when this show came out, was nice to have one thread every couple of hours fun posting theories and joking around, was the stealth aoty, now all these newfriends hope on cause it’s so good.

Thus we have fags like OP making counter post.

Luckily enough the show is so good that you can’t really come up with valid critics thus I can sit and laugh at your “STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE

not him and I like it and will continue watching it, but it did have a really fucking slow start for a trigger show so I can see people getting bored

Pretty much this.
And it looks like it's trying to give a Gainax vibe, except it fails miserably and ends up being a parody, even if the damn show tries to take itself seriously.

Did you reply to me by accident, or what? Because you didn't actually engage with anything I said.

Then it failed at that too, gainax shows are also fun. Gurren lagann, flcl, and panty and stocking are all fun

Is this your first anime?
Not that I hate it but calling it aoty just show how much of a low standard you have

Basically it is an macha anime that uses sexal elements to attract the attention of the spectator and that he invents mental bullshits to looks for inexsistent meaning, and he is only seen because "muhh trigger"

at least is a pseudopsychological series trying to explain why teenage want to have sex but can not love, use shit terms, and don't forgett evangelion references

Please learn English before posting again.

I like how they produce statements out of fanservice in an A1 show. It's a 4/10 so far, very convoluted, poorly executed exposition, bland characters, drama for the sake of drama.

I’m giving you the “retarded meaning” I assign when I say Franxxx isn’t good, but you can continue to ignore it and pretend anything you like can be considered good if you want.

>The ESL argument
Fuck off triggerfag

That's like going to Nebraska because you think Connecticut is too boring.

It's funny how they hog up ten threads and bump half of them every 15 minutes

They have some issues

It's just kids coming over from Sup Forums. They haven't seen any anime so everything in FranXX feels fresh and new, causing them to overlook its glaring flaws. Just wait until episode 12 when people start whining about minor plot details that annoy them and "ruin the show."

> the “retarded meaning” I assign
No, you aren't. You're describing why Franxxx doesn't meet your meaning of "good." Tell me what "good" means if it's not "I like it," because I can't see any useful meaning to the word other than that. Why the fuck would anyone care whether something is "good" if good just means some random standard of composition or whatever?

I don't know if you're an ESL or a thirteen-year-old, but either way, posting shit like "an macha anime" and "teenage want to have sex" is cancer.

You are just being contrarian. It's merit will be measured by sales anyway.

Sup Forums is just broken.

I watch this show solely to see 02 being possessive towards 016 and openly fancying him in a weird manner.

MC's backstory, his secret potential, the love triangle, the cutesy Precure-tier mechas and the whole Parasite/Father plot is laughable at the least.

this, I was hoping for a fun romp like KLK of TTGL, but what we're getting so far is just generic light novel bullshit with a lot of fanservice and a bit of superficial Trigger quirkiness
it doesn't help that none of the characters except for 002 have any personality whatsoever
kek
then I guess the big 3 must be masterpieces

Wow you’re actually fucking retarded. I can’t believe Franxxbabies are so far gone they have to pretend objective standards no longer exist in order to defend their show.

What’s next?

Is SAO “good” too? How about Pupa?

I am sorry OP. I have to inform you that you have the disease known as shit taste. It is incurable.

If anything, the people shitting on it feel more like crossboarders to me. I mean, look at OP - he makes it clear he only just picked it up (meaning he probably doesn't follow the new seasons as they start), and then he goes bringing up random studio bullshit as if it matters. Or , with his "generic light novel bullshit" line that people keep parroting, as though anything in this show weren't standard anime/manga fare.

>subtle = good

It makes my wiener happy. A good show indeed.

> they have to pretend objective standards no longer exist in order to defend their show
You what? You yourself literally just said "there's nothing wrong with enjoying a show that isn't good." So I'm not defending it from you, because you didn't even attack it. I'm just telling you that when I (or most people) say something is good, I don't mean it was smart. Dumb entertainment that I enjoy is good entertainment. Your insistence that people admit something they enjoy is bad is bizarre and pointless.

>Is SAO “good” too? How about Pupa?
SAO is pretty middle-of-the-road, Pupa is shit. That's based on my enjoyment, not on how smart or dumb they are.

>doesn’t know Sup Forums is constantly bringing up studio wars
>doesn’t know “generic light novel” is one of Sup Forums‘s favourite buzzwords
>doesn’t know people pick up anime later in the season if Sup Forums starts a shitstorm about it

Fuck off crossboarder.

Are you implying the show is boring thanks to A1 and Trigger is not at fault?
Come on, then you'll say that Kiznaiver was dissapointing because the stars werent alligned properly.

>doesn't realize Sup Forums is full of crossboarders

I liked it. It was a bit relatable, even, during my younger years, since the whole dialogue and theme revolves around two partners accepting each other.

Which Gainax show doesn't make your testosterone levels rise, anyway?

They're either full'o'tits or have tons of action. Or both.

>as though anything in this show weren't standard anime/manga fare
so you agree it's very standard and generic?
also why would Sup Forumsirgins come to Sup Forums specifically to express disappointment with a show

I just thought if there are FranXX will there also be FranXY?

It has the best direction of an anime this season with amazing shots that has people recreating then, and by far the most interesting and striking scenes.

The characters steal the show, they all bounce off of each other well Aand watching them interact seems to make time go by so quickly, excellent voice acting and character writing only amplified by the god tier character animations. 666, 02, ichigo and hiro all stood out amazingly.

Also leave it to a-1/trigger to create an interesting world and premise, only further improved by the casual world building, no info dumps, just completely natural dialogue. This way they never tell us too much early leaving room for speculation.

And honestly the sexual spin on just about every inch of this show is the cherry on top, their execution makes it stands out, I didn’t expect it and I had no idea I would like it this much.

Glad it’s really popular on Sup Forums and 2ch. And I’m glad that this fact anally devestates you.

What's wrong user, you don't like fanservice and QUALITY?

>kek
>then I guess the big 3 must be masterpieces
Unfortunately production committees like money. Who'd have thunk!

Can't vote with your wallet if you pirate.

These characters are so generic it’s sad

>Light headed tit cow
>Generic childhood friend type (literally Kana from that shitty alien girl show)
>Super twintail oujo sama type loli brat
>Stoic class press type who won’t show emotions until something plot related happens

I never said that. It’s not like Violet Sabergarden, which I’m assuming is trying to be subtle since it has an Instagram filter as I haven’t even bothered to pick it up, would automatically be considered good. But obviously you can’t argue that the way Franxx handles its shit is good either.

See, what you’re doing is assuming good only has a subjective meaning. I think that’s wrong. Shows like SAO and Pupa are objectively bad, just like an eight year old’s crayon drawing would be objectively bad.

I dunno about you, but I’m perfectly able to separate my enjoyment of a show from how good I think it is. I enjoyed Samurai Flamenco. Do I think it’s a good show? Absolutely not. It was of terrible quality, had a lot of ridiculous dialogue, and terrible characters, and was downright silly. I still liked it.

>so you agree it's very standard and generic?
Yes, it's a pretty typical setup in general, just like 90% of shows I enjoy, since I actually like anime and manga and am not just here for the two unusual/artsy/whatever shows a season. That's besides the point, though - nothing about this should make you think of LNs unless you have the powerlevel of a ninth-grade kid.

>also why would Sup Forumsirgins come to Sup Forums specifically to express disappointment with a show
The allure of shitposting is great.

>I'm just telling you that when I (or most people) say something is good, I don't mean it was smart.
Different guy here. You enjoyed it. It entertained you. It provided good entertainment to you.

(Though if you reply to someone talking about some other topic (e.g. animation, plot contrivances, ...) with simply good, miscommunication might occur.)

Also I forgot
>Super special pink haired girl who has a power no one else has and who isn’t as sexually repressed as the other girls

Stop, you're making them cry

Just because it is doesn’t mean they shouldn’t all fuck off, especially if they make it obvious they haven’t lurked for more than a day.

>2 episodes in
G-g-guys can we just wait and see, trigger never lets you down

>Yes, it's a pretty typical setup in general, just like 90% of shows I enjoy, since I actually like anime and manga and am not just here for the two unusual/artsy/whatever shows a season
kek, I'm literally just here for the two unusual/artsy/whatever shows a season
hoped this would be one of them, but it's closer to SAO than KLK so far

different strokes for different folks I guess

Here’s your (you) falseflagger.

This show is E7 but without the soul that made E7 great. It has the mystery and the setting is good but the characters And story are straight of your typical fantasy romance involving high school students

I could understand if they’re making it purposefully generic to give us a nice twist later on, but I won’t excuse a legitimately bad beginning.

Also it’s not Trigger it’s Gainax.

Did you really have to make another thread just to tell everybody about your shitty opinion?

>I’m gay, the thread

>If the fans are shit the show is shit
You sound like a retarded bandwagoner

Obsessed.

They let me down pretty hard with Kiznaiver and LWA's second half.

>two episodes in
>without the soul that made E7 great
I don't think this is going the E7 route, but even if it were, E7 didn't really have a plot besides "shit, some guys are chasing this girl, gotta help" for the first like five episodes. I guess we got the Seven Swell early on, though.

A boring show is still a boring show even if it has attractive females in it.

>kek, I'm literally just here for the two unusual/artsy/whatever shows a season
This is exactly why I'm calling the anti-Franxxfags crossboarders.

It's re:creators all over again. But this time without a budget.

Re:creators was the one without the budget

Franxx definitely has a budget. Just look at the first episode.

You gotta be shitting me.

This show is almost nothing like E7.
Might as well start comparing this to Patlabor or GitS.

>first episodes are the best looking
No fucking shit Sherlock.

Nigga terrible animation is terrible animation. Re:Creators had good battle scenes but spent literal hours looking at face closeups

It's nothing like E7 other than having those elders governing everyone from on high or the monsters having some resemblance to the ones in Ao.

The kids are treated here as disposable weapons used to control the mechs. While E7 it was counter-culture hippie terrorists against a government they use to serve.

Cutting corners is better than animating stick-men

The whole Greatest Love Story Ever Told angle. If you squint your eyes, Hiro and Zero Two even look like Dominic and Anemone

you're just gay OP, sucks to be you

Is she the gay one?

It's fucking irritating as hell that this is a thread that is actually being posted. I can't believe that a show this generic and straightforward is getting so praised. There are people that actually think this show is good, let alone AOTS/AOTY.
What the fuck? I watched the first episode and said "maybe I can watch this", but it's not like I thought it was good. This is on the fucking level of any simple light novel adaptation or a mecha like Buddy Complex, and that's ignoring the fact that the second episode is jawdroppingly awful.

>wOw BoobIEs!!!! OmG GUys! TheY ARE NAkid. ThEre's SEEXXXXXXx! AOTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup. I can see why this show would appeal to 12 year olds.

are you ok?

>I never said that.
But you did. You said FranXX is bad because it lack subtlety. It's not trying to be subtle.

Just channelling the typical Franxx fan. Did that hit too close to home?

No.

It's pretty obvious that you're the "12"yo here, and a pretty insecure teenager at that. It's sexy and fun. Stop being a fag.