Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Just finished this beautiful manga. Will probably reread it quite often. Here's a cute picture of Alpha.

Other urls found in this thread:

yugenykk.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=PtnZhHw0zfo
p-a-n.bandcamp.com/album/v-a-mono-no-aware
google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1H4iaS7EhMPNkO-fnT1-ixarMaFU&ll=35.30652038731287,137.90838072558586&z=5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm glad we'll always have YKK to go back to after Kabu no Isaki turned out how it did.

Haven't read anythin else by him. Not worth the time?

It's fantastic if you stop like six chapters before the end.

Is there yuri?

Robot yuri.

yugenykk.org/

So like ERASED then haha. Thanks, will check out.

Well, you'll like the memory transfers.

>Will probably reread it quite often

I do this, in fact, I never stop reading it. Every time I finish, I leave it for a few months then just start again and each time my emotional attachment to it grows strong and the mono no aware scenes hit harder and harder as your nostalgia compounds the effect.

Literally the only manga that gets better on subsequent re-reads.

Wow, these scans are amazing..

>January 20th, 2018
Odd, but it's good news

Will this finally be the millennia that a YKK rescan project actually achieves its goal?

You son of a bitch. Just as I finished reading these shitty low res raws. Although this fag probably won't upload his own raws now will he?

Shitty? The Batoto (MangaProject) ones are pretty good if you ask me

I want her to sit ton my face

Stop, Alpha-san is pure!

I felt so sad when i finished YKK i'm afraid of rereading it.
Cut him some slack, it got axed thanks to poor sales, he did start a new one about winds tho.

Alpha is the best girl of all times only second to Kokone

Wasn't really "sad" myself, but I cried like a bitch at cp. 137 when Takahiro and Makki flew by.

There's only a subtlest hint of it, in line with how storytelling is done in this manga.

I know, its just that the whole mono no aware thing really gets me, it wasn't strong in aria given that's more on the healing scale, but damn if YKK didn't hit me like a truck.

Sad is the wrong word.

Learned a new expression, thanks, will use.

ALPHA IS MAI BOTFU

Not same guy, but same. Mono no aware has such a powerful effect when it hits you, and when you wrap it in a series that deals with not only the awareness of transience, but the importance of memories and the acceptance of change and mortality it hits so hard. Just remembering some of the chapters is enough to bring tears to my eyes, not tears of sadness though, the chapters just cause me to overflow with emotion. Like seeing the tapon for the first time, or Alpha controlling the boat, the model engine, seeing the Misago at the end, all of it is so great.

So recently I've been listening to an ambient Artists called Hammock whilst reading Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko. I loved the albums by them I had downloaded, so went to find out what their other albums sounded like on youtube, I first searched for one of their songs I already liked to start my search so I could use the recs to find other stuff and to my surprise, the first recommendation was literally a song by them called "Mono no Aware":

youtube.com/watch?v=PtnZhHw0zfo

I knew the music was a perfect fir for SSR, but could never have imagine the artists was actually aware of what Mono no Aware was.

Just to clarify, this isn't a full on rescan project, although I am actively searching out the highest quality scans available. To my knowledge, Mangaproject still has the best scans for volumes 1-10, even if they are pretty old at this point. How far have rescan projects made it in the past? I remember a few popping up over the years but I don't know how far they got. If their work is superior I would love to incorporate it into this project.

Sorry user. The raws I have for most volumes are at about the same quality level of MPs, although these were scanned with 2 pages in each image and arent cleaned up as nicely. The ones I have for the last 4 volumes are a good bit more high res than MPs stuff. I have no problem uploading them for you if would like.

Essentially what this project will be in the end (unless I can source better scans than MPs work) is their scans of Vol. 1-10 with a much better TL, and volumes 11-14 with much better scans. I know it's not as good as full rescan project, but it's the most I can do right now as a one man team. The project will get done, you can be sure of that.
Volume 3 will be up tonight.

You're doing god's work user

New Ashinano manga when?

SCANS FOR THE REST OF THIS WHEN

>do it for her

You've probably got the same raws I do, but volume 11 in that batch is just inhumane. It'd be great if you uploaded the last four volumes, but the really bad ones are, like you said, the 11th and to a much lesser extent, the 13th, so even just those would do fine.

In fact it could well be you who told me where to get those raw in one of these threads.

Yikes. I totally forgot that I cropped them and removed text as I went on those volumes.
I'll get the raws to you but it's kinda time consuming so you'll have to give me until later. Sorry about that, it totally slipped my mind.

Here's volume 13 at its worst from my raws - still entirely bearable by my standard, so from those four only volume 11 really needs uploading. Although your scans are quite a bit higher in resolution, so all four would be appreciated of course.

This is nice.

Explain Taapon pls

It's a plane.

Will do. Although Vols 12 and 14 seemed to have better colors than the raws I was able to get, so I'll probably use those in the actual release. But yeah, 11 and 13 were definitely a huge upgrade.

Volume 3 is up.

p-a-n.bandcamp.com/album/v-a-mono-no-aware
They seem to know about it. I wonder if anyone in the west ever would have cared if it wasn't for stuff like YKK/Aria.

Who are you talking to?

YKK threads are comfy.

YKK is a beautiful thing

Holy shit god bless

I LOVE her so much.

Is that supposed to be a surface-to-air missile?

Aye, being used as fireworks

Iz dat sum :3 in the top right corner?

How can you do that when there's nothing to shoot at that'll trip the proxy fuze?!

I really wish there were more artists like Ashinano and Kenji Tsuruta. SSR was pretty great, but not on their level IMO. Reading their stuff almost makes me want to start drawing myself.

So what caused Alpha’s world to be in such a state? I guess super volcano, mt Fuji erupting or something.

Fuji going to shit was recent so that's off the book
If i had to guess, something to do with the environment, the big ass plane was checking geo data and there's those human spore people.

What would cause water to rise as much?

Are you a brainlet my son?

Memories of Emanon gave my physical chest squeezing heartache for like a week.

Not usually one to be affected by things but when the old man tells Alpha to take his house once he dies (reminding both her and us that it will likely be sooner than later) I just felt devastated.

I don't think I can read it too often myself. It made me quite sad.

Dang, kinda wish I'd known about this.

Thanks for saving my collage.

That part got me good, jii-san was one of my favorites

there is in the ova

me too, that shit broke me

>he never got to see the Misago again
>the Misago only appears to children
>as humanity dwindles the Misago will have no one to play with
The sense of melancholy that pervades this series is so powerful

Post your essential YKK listening music

I have many gontiti albums

>Kenji Tsuruta
Actually forgot this guy was a mangaka, despite learning about him through a Pomme Prisonniere thread.

You should check out Igarashi Daisuke’s manga, he conveys a very similar feeling and his art is stunning.

Urushibara of course is great too.

Thank you. You guys give me life.

The same thing happened to me. The first time reading through Emanon for me was around 3-4 years ago on New Years. I read through all of it over the course of the night. Afterwards, I remember going out for a walk in the city around 1am, and hearing people's loud parties and a lot of people having a good time. I felt so lonely.

Ive read Children of the Sea by him and enjoyed it greatly, been meaning to read the rest of his stuff for a while now. Is that Little Forest? Maybe I'll go for it next.

And Jiro Taniguchi is the absolute master, in my opinion.

>available high quality Taniguchi releases
Feels good to be a frog sometimes.

Little Forest is pretty good but not as straightforward like children of the sea. I liked Majo a lot and his compilation of short stories Hanashippanashi.

>Suiiki
I remember this one made me cry

I lived in New York City at the time. The isolation was heart wrenching. I'm usually pretty active socially but I spent that week in a malaise. I had multiple people ask me if I was alright while I was moping around town.

I wonder what Tsuruta is doing at the moment. Both Emanon and Wondering Island deserve more, but his releases are so sparse. I would absolutely kill to have more of either.

Even the raws look shit. When will Vertical or Viz media pick this and publish B4 size volumes like BLAME!?

thanks!

good manga, but overrated. 6.5/10 as most.

one of the worst manga i everread. also a huge snorefest.

Please enlight us then o granmaster of manga

Someone be ready to rip this site in the event it goes defunct.

Not entirely sure what you mean. I plan to have the project done by the end of April at the very latest, and the site will be up for 2 years minimum. There is nothing stopping me from finishing the project. I plan to give it my all. As long as no one minds, Ill make a thread when I reach halfway (vol 7) and again when the whole thing is done.

You're the MVP user. I'll be there to cheer you on in the occasional comfy cafe thread

What about those who don't discover this work until after that 2 year minimum? Then they'll never get what you offered.

Thank you for your hard work.

I'm sure anons will pass down the legacy, YKK is a timeless masterpiece after all.

2 years is only what Ive paid for up front. I will keep the domain alive for as long as I possibly can. I would also highly appreciate if someone were able to upload my stuff to goddess once Im done (I think I still have their FTP credentials but Im not sure), for the sake of longevity.

KOKONE A CUTE

lesbians

Put it on Mega too

cool, i did vol14 last year but gave up on the rest of good scans

here's a location guide from old misago forums

google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1H4iaS7EhMPNkO-fnT1-ixarMaFU&ll=35.30652038731287,137.90838072558586&z=5

I credit YKK with curing my depression.
It's got a special place in my heart.

Why this series has not been pusblished in most of wersten countries? Is there any problem with it? It's just 12 volumes long, it's strange.
I would like so much to have it translated in physical form.
n fact, has it been published out of Japan?

Lesbots, so to speak.

it's not gay if it's data transfer

Does anywhere know where I could find the doujins by the author? I've looked around a bit but my search-fu is pretty weak. I've got no clue if they've ever been translated, either.

But they didn't say no homo, user.
That's hella gay.

Apparently he produced doujins under the name Suuke. Ive never seen a full one posted online.

only thing i have saved, search under his penname suuke

Damn shame. This is the only other bit of them I've found, and I can't remember where I got it for the life of me.

>make a comfiest manga ever
>also comedy lewds

we don't deserve him