Dragon Ball Movies

What was your favorite Dragon Ball movie and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nw6xBYnF54g
youtube.com/watch?v=RthiRid8Mck
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BoG 'cause it started it all since decades

Battle of Gods probably. Beerus is just such a likable character.

Trunks' sword origin story

Borly for edgy reasons.

None of the movies particularly strike me as good, I think part of the charm of the series is when the protags and antags take some time off fighting to talk to each other and there's no time for that in the films

That said, BoG by default because Whis and Beerus are the best thing to happen to the franchise since Super Saiyan

the world strongest

BOG and the history of trunks.

Broly because of Niconico influence.

Battle of Gods because it actually feels like a movie instead of a TV movie, it furthers Goku's development, and it's canon.

And Beerus and Whis are a delight.

This

Metal Cooler, I liked the whole sci-fi robot thingy going on.
Also, Cooler is arguably the only movie villain who has a character ( I'm not counting Beerus since he is no actual villain ).

The one with Janemba.

Principally because it's one of the few, if not the only, movie that doesn't really take seriously, thus, the pacing is god-like and it has great rewatchable value.

I like the ones that used songs from Disturbed and other metal bands.

Janemba and Hirudegarn

Same, it was basically an excuse to show goku and vegeta doing the fusion dance and I was completely ok with that because it was fun

The Tree of Might.

I can't even remember why but fuck that movie left such an impression on me....

I really liked the part where Trunks and Goten fought Hitler

Broly ones, just because Broly was interesting OC.

Lord Slug and Cooler's Revenge.
In particular I like World's Strongest and Super Android 13 is underrated. Truth be told the DBZ movies are best enjoyed as a marathon and by skipping the Broly sequels though.

World's Strongest. Dead Zone had some nice aesthetics though.

I've found a new liking for the movies because they give the world a bit more love than the TV series and manga do.

The best ones would be Dead Zone, World's Strongest, Tree of Might, Fusion Reborn and Wrath of the Dragon. Stay clear of the Broly movies.

Bardock: father of goku and Revenge of Cooler

Lord Slug since it wastes absolutely no time getting into the thick of it. Starts with a bang and never stops

Part of me wonders how the series would've gone had there only been Kaioken and Spirit Bomb.
People say that the Kaioken has notable drawbacks compared to Super Saiyan, but then I think of the first few Z movies where Goku uses Kaioken X Large Number and finishes the opponent off with a Spirit Bomb three times in a row. In Lord Slug he was up to 100, and I can only imagine how messy things would be if absolutely everything had a multiplier.

why is goku cheating chichi

it's easier to list the bad ones

broly 1 & 3

the android movie

cooler & cooler's revenge

fuckin bojack

lord slug

revival f
the rest are mostly ok

Objectively Movie 01 - 02 & Movies 12 -13 are the best in the franchise.

Movie 01 is still basically dragonball, with proper martial arts choreography and an emphasis on mystical stuff.

Movie 02 starts to inject the DBZ elements, such as Sci-fi setting, power levels, new abilities etc, but still has great choreography and fun dragon ball fights.

Goku vs Piccolo in movie 02 is still one of the best fights in the franchise
youtube.com/watch?v=nw6xBYnF54g

Movie 12 is peak DBZ, and while its a truncated version of the Buu Saga in some ways, the return to a sillier setting allowed for more creative scenes (such as the villains returns from hell), and unlike Majinn Buu, the villain Janemba doesn't wear out his welcome.

Movie 13 is best as a little epilogue side story, post Buu-Saga. By focusing on a new character rather than just villain it feels like a nice little filler arc animated in movie form.

Bardock movie, this movie had a more obscure background with serious characters. Made dbz look like an anime for a more mature audience for a moment.

You actually think Broly 2 isn't one of the bad ones?

Evolution
goku’s charachter was really great in high school, and honestly I prefer the version of piccolo in this, in the original dragon ball Z cartoon they didn’t even explain piccolo! He’s just a green dude

BoG is my absolute favorite, I personally really like the SSG design and the new lore and Beerus and Whis are fucking great characters. I also really enjoy Broly because he's an edgy dumbass self-insert and I like his wrestling fighting style, Fusion Reborn because I'm a fusionfag and I think Janemba's design and concept were cool, Lord Slug because I like Namekians and I thought False Super Saiyan was pretty cool, and Bojack because Gohan SS2, Satan shenanigans, and a nice tournament setting that gave lesser characters like Krillin and Tien some shine.

>evolution
please don't make me remember that

World's Strongest & Fusion Reborn are the best, but BoG is nice change of pace compared to the rest

arguably the best one

it has the best version of Videl

Broly 2 is great only because we actually get to see the best Gohan outfit animated in its full glory

>arguably the best one
Wrong. On every conceivable level.

History of Trunks for what might be my favorite Dragon Ball scene of all time.

Fuck off already

Hitler is the only redeeming quality of the movies.

Favourite DB movie ED?

youtube.com/watch?v=RthiRid8Mck

My favorite is probably Dead Zone. It has most of the stuff that made DB good, but you can also start to see DBZ's start to show with the power levels and stakes, though not to the ridiculous extremes they would later reach in DBZ proper.

I also like The Legendary Super Sayian, simply because I think it's fun to watch the entire cast get their face kicked in by Broly. But I admit that, objectively speaking, it's not the best.

I also really like Turles, but not his movie, which I admit is weird.

Wait hold up we're about to slide bump first then I'll post

Dead Zone is just darn pretty to look at, and I always felt that World's Strongest was really underrated. Probably because its villain rarely appears in video games. It's one of the few movies that feels like it merges some DB into the Z. Then there's Battle of Gods, which is pretty clearly the best one.

Cooler's Revenge
>Sick soundtrack
>Best fight scenes
>Insanely good build up
>My dick when Coolers mouth piece comes up