Wow, the movie did this no justice

Wow, the movie did this no justice.

Probably because the film came out while the manga was still in serialization and continued for more than 10 years after it's realease, you absolute moron.

At least the movie didn't kill your eyes after finishing it.

It's time for the art book.

miyazaki's comments make me laugh

I love how almost all of his commentary involves him shitting on his own work

The manga is quite good, but Nausica as a character is strange.
She starts good, but somewhere along the way she stops being a strong person that cares for others and starts becoming some kind of messiah figure that most people like for reasons.
Also why did Miyazaki made a 180 degree turn at the end and made and somewhat optimistic but heavy nihilistic ending?

fucking kek

Fuck why does Miyazaki ruin everything with his comments.

Or complaining about being told to draw covers or not even remembering half of it, it's great

That's it for manga illustrations & comments.

indeed that manga you posted is my #1

extra

>why did Miyazaki made a 180 degree turn at the end

But he didn't. It just seemed at first that the core idea behind the story was "hurr man vs nature", while in actuality it was much broader.

>Or complaining about being told to draw covers or not even remembering half of it, it's great
Eh I like to read mangaka commentary for the insight, but Miyazaki is too much of an "artist" to provide that. He's kind of a real shitter.

cont.

The movie was made back when the story only existed up to the point where the movie ended.

Saying the movie is a bad adaptation is a fundamental misunderstanding of its development. It's like saying the first Lord of the Rings movie doesn't do the trilogy justice because it only covers the first book.

Nausicaa herself gets interesting again in the last third of the manga, even if her outlook on life is very different from the beginning.

and now...

More like "Bakshi's LotR doesn't do the trilogy justice". Which is not entirely untrue.

>drawing pictures that have nothing to do with the story does't excite me
When i was a kid i also used wonder why people did this kind of things.
But now i took a liking on it, i wonder why.

Oh yea Nausicaa became increasingly unrelatable towards the end. That was probably intentional but also very strange and abrupt. The ending depending on the interpretation could go either way, personally I perfer the more optimistic view. Still wtf is with that epilogue stuffed into a measly paragraph

It's kinda fascinating watching Miyazaki turn into a person who derides an anime industry focused around waifus when the first thing he ever did in the industry was make a manga about his waifu.

Thank you for posting all this, I love artbook!

no problem, I wish the scans weren't so washed out though.

He's like anno where he was just being his self with his nerdy fantasies but after people started to imitate him he became cynical and dismissive of his own work.

I agree, the way she rejects the "ideal" she was presented and her reasoning was amazing. But for the most of the story Kushana is the most interesting character and Kurotowa is also pretty good.
I mean that the story kinda pushes some idealism but ends in a nihilistic note.

Did moebius ink them or what happened here?

What do you mean? The art won't get any worse (or any better for that matter) because he says so, and he has some valid points. Also some anons seem to think his coments are funny.

Love the vehicle designs

>first thing he ever did in the industry was make a manga about his waifu.
He was already a veteran when he made Nausicaa.

is Nausicaa really his waifu? he seems to have some deep admiration for her in , but i don't think he would be the kind of man that would love a character with passion

>not dumping the manga
Why?

time for motif explanation

too long, also the left-to-right scans that currently exist are not ideal.

Was he depressed or something? He's really shitting on his work here and doesn't seem to enjoy or even remember a lot of it.