Darling in the Franxx

Is this the Re:Zero of our generation?

Stop making new threads. You already have 5.

We had ten 5 hours ago.

Fuck you.

More like the Evangelion of our generation

>generalfagging

Extremely overrated piece of shit show for retards who think doing anything subversive makes it an "intellectual hardcore deconstruction"? Not really, no one can even delude themselves into thinking Franxx is smart.

But Re:Zero was also the Evangelion of past generation.

Re:Creators*

It's not THAT bad.

> "intellectual hardcore deconstruction"
No one thinks that. Eat shit.

>implying this is half as boring as ReZero
>implying this is half as generic as ReZero

Yes it is. The shitstorms caused by Meteora's info dumps were amazing though.

It's Code Geass: Sex in the City, edition.

But it's already the NGE and the E7 of our generation.

>It's smart if it's a "deconstruction" and dumb if it isn't
>I only watch smart anime for intellectual people such as myself
What's your favorite show user?

Probably evangelion because "muh symbolism".

Read my post again and tell me where I said I think deconstructionism is inherently smart

Re: Zero is actually kind of entertaining though

allow me to disagree. First two episodes were so generic and boring it hurt me.
Instead, the first two episodes of DarFranxx were actually engaging.

No, this isn't utter garbage.

The first episode of Franxx was just as boring and generic as Re:Zero

Can you stop shitposting about Re:Zero and the like already? If your intent was to kill threads you've already succeed. Congrats on chasing away our translator summarry user by the way, you must be really proud of yourself.

Wait or it

Not at all. It set up an interesting setting, characterized 02 well and had some great cinematography and a nice battle scene and soundtrack. The cliches only detract superficially for me.

I wish it was the Valvrave of our generation but there's not enough gay stuff

No, darlifra is actually good unlike reeeeeee:zero

Darling in the FranXX is a deconstruction of the Evangelion genre.

>interesting setting
No, not really.
>characterized 02 well
No, not really. She's kind of a rogue troublemaker type and maybe a succubus or something. That's all we got.
>had some great cinematography
Definitely no, nothing about the cinematography stood out at all
>nice battle scene and soundtrack.
Is this your first mecha anime or what? It really wasn't special.

No one who thinks Evangelion is deep says it's because of the symbolism

No, it is the trust in your partner of out generation.

>Strelitzia
>A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower / plant, because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise.
>The bird of paradise represents faithfulness, love, and thoughtfulness
>The 9th wedding anniversary for a married couple
>Freedom and the ability to travel, due to the flower’s resemblance to birds in flight (note similarities with the bird monologue in episode 1)
>Magnificence, excellence and success
>Joy through challenges and successes alike
>Faithfulness in romantic relationships
>Optimism towards the future

The show's script got leaked on 2ch, here's what will happen:

>MC was in the "female" position with 02
>he will learn to "man up"
>in the finale, he'll unlock the robot's true power by taking his "rightful place" in the COCKpit
>all the side characters you don't care about will die, one will turn evil, and the adults will be revealed to be bad

There, I saved you from watching this shit.

If Hiro is the heroine does that mean the NTRbait arc will be a gay bishi male stealing him away from 002?

re zero was actually good

Wait... He enters the cockpit at the lion's mouth. But the lion's mane becomes the skirt, and the lion's ass becomes the head. So how does the cockpit go from the ass to the head?

>02 and Hiro do good shit again
>02 is added to their squad officially
>Her seniority allows her to supersede Ichigo as team leader
You know it'll happen.
How far can we push this strawberry to suicide?

Why is it so hard to get more characters like L-elf? All the side characters in this show already suck.

Ik probably catching up with this season this week, is sex and romance between characters actually a theme in this series, or just memes?
i love series with strong serious romantic themes that dont go full shoujou

No, the head is the same in both, but it switches postion with the tail when it transform

It goes up the zipper.

Daily reminder that this is bait made to piss of other people and make us look bad.
Daily reminder that the guy who makes threads like these is a butthurt Emiliafag who hates Re:Zero because his elf lost.

When will Trigger stop ripping off their older works?

The entire thread is bait. We just use every thread we have to minimize the already rampant general-posting.

I believe you user.

002 is Tomatsu Haruka / (Saki Rukino)

you can't spell Vampire 吸血鬼without "Oni" 鬼

>Romance
Yes
>Sex
Imagery wise, yes, but don't expect actual sex. It's promoted as a Shonen too much and airs a bit early. It's still quite ecchi and has Yabuki doing art for it so if you want to see the girls naked it's not hard.

Hard to tell if it will have Shoujo elements, but 002/Hiro seem to have an OTP route going (see faithfulness pasta) on so if there is romance polygon drama going on it would most likely be between the other pilots.

Why are you this desperate to make it look like anyone cares about this shitshow?

>that image

I get it now. This is the Lovely Complex of our generation.

I predict Valvrape

>Cocona > Rem
This is better than Re:Zero.

is re:zero mecha?

It's like they're afraid to make characters more attractive than 02. It's ridiculous how much her design outshines everyone else's.

What should we care about this season instead?

It's not even that their personalities are literally what anyone could predict them to be.
>Fat guy that NEVER stops eating
>angry midget complex
etc.
I'm still enjoying this series but only for the 002 plotline, as it stands now the side characters/pilots are all just irritating screen time.

I'm enjoying this show way too much. The premise is interesting and fun.

Sounds like you didn't even pay attention
>a wasteland world where people live in moving fortresses and kids are raised to live and die as pilots in a quasi marriage ceremony guided by some ape cult
>demon girl who's actually pretty laidback and really just wants to find a mate to "fly" with but her partners always treats her like shit. Still fights for humanity to the death and hates the other demons including herself
The scene where the beast mech ran through the fog with the loud thumping running sounds and when 02 pulled Hiro into the cockpit capsule with the light vanishing from the doorway and then lighting up the inside were pretty exciting.
And while the battle was really short, the lance throw synched to the music was really fucking sweet and satisfying.

Same. Also, Cocona a shit.

>Make it look like
Since epsiode 1 aired we had at least 1 thread up even second of the dad, reaching bump limit over and over again.

Now that ep 2 was even better then episode 1, we still have that one thread constantly hitting bump limit and like 5 other threads with 100s of post in each.

No one is making it "look" like anything, it just is.

How long before he breaks bros?

Typical character who dies making a sacrifice which subsequently makes the other oblivious character(s) realize that he mattered all along

He even looks like a young nerd Kittan

This is why I can't wait for the netflix monoply of anime, look at the anons in this thread that don't even like the show and are desperate just to have some trainwreck shitposting for weeks, these fags just want to be part of some meme and don't actually care about the show itself.

I'd say it's closer to the Dragon Maid of the 2010s

Actually kinda funny

>Beatless is as intelligent as Franxx thinks it is
>Beatless looks as shameless as Franxx actually is.

I like serials though. They have its own particularities to attend to and that gives the creators possibilities to do different things.

Imagine a world where the concept of cliffhangers didn't exist

It'll probably slow down to 1 thread eventually, until the next episode airs. That is unless the waifu wars shitposters go on overdrive.

seems fine to me, you guys are overreacting

I cucked you.

I genuinely like it and there is nothing you can do about it faggot.
0ni is a miracle of the universe.

I think the OP was boring

The music and lyrics are good but the visuals are pretty bland, yeah.

wasn't 02 bleeding red blood in the first episode when the robot got the shit kicked out of it?

then why was she bleeding blue blood in the opening?

why wasn't ichigo triggered by naomi?

That was the blood of the fat dude she killed.

Where did it all go so wrong guys?

Probably because Naomi is a failure so Ichigo doesn't feel like she needs to compete with her

It's obviously a completely different situation user. Girl from the same team who's chosen by the higher-ups to be part of a highly bureaucratized and systematized program and paired with your friend. You deal with it, besides, it's just a protocol for piloting weapons.

Compare with mysterious anime girl who falls from the sky, instantly captures the guy's attention and makes him perform something he couldn't do before effortlessly while sitting in his lap and calling him funny names.

Naomi isn't a stranger, isn't rumored to kill her partners and probably wasn't all over her friend

>shoujou
dostedt

Reminder Ichigo was right and did nothing worng.

>wrong*

calling it now, there will be a timeskip and its revealed that Darling in the FranXX is actually a prequel to TTGL

No.

Based janni

>Become a jealous bitch because some girl with actual confidence stole your crush

Always the worst girl that does this.

I hope they do something more with Futoshi then an eating bread jokes. Some part of me hopes Kokoro ends up telling him how she feels and forces him to drop his bad eating habits.

Well, it's definitely not shoujou with all this innuendo

We need 5 more,

That sounds like it will be right.

Same butthurt Onifag slander.

childhood friends are shit

Do you think this assessment is accurate?

while watching what i was taken aback by was just how blatant and obvious they are with all the sensuality and sexual stuff. don't get me wrong.... imah watch it..... its just damn, i dunno. fuck.

No, anyone who thinks this show has depth is lying to themselves.

Fat guy is not good at it and the girl is too concerned about being nice to tell him

Will you drop this show if MC, Hiro kisses a third girl ?

I will, as I perceive a kiss or First Kiss as a very important and almost sacred red line, because in reality, we would only want to kiss with someone that we like.

Even in Harem shows, where 3 or more girls like the MC, scenes where MC actually kisses a girl with both their consent after picking one are quite rare ( Seirei Tsukai is an exception, but in the Anime, at least Kamito only kissed one girl, Claire, with no other 2nd girl getting that treatment ).

I mean, if this is a Harem show with the MC being the only male character, then it might be understandable if the MC gets to kiss 2 or more girls in the mouth, but this Darling in the Franxx show, has up to 4 other male characters of the same age as the MC, so it is quite vexing if only the MC gets to kiss up to 3 girls in such scenes, and yet we don't get to see any other male characters kissing with their respective female partners.

So, will you guys drop this show if MC kisses a third girl other than Zero Two and Ichigo ? Just for your information, I am over 20 years old and have never kissed a female in the mouth ever before, and never had a girlfriend before in my entire life, so the fact that even getting kissed once or being liked by one girl should be considered very lucky enough, so if 2 or 3 more girls do the same thing to the MC or likes the MC, I can't relate to it.

That's why I highly prefer Kenja no Mago's romance setting than this one, where the only girl that will like and kiss the MC is only one, with no other girls disturbing their relationship like this Ichigo who betrays her male partner, Gorou. That series also had one loyal girl that loves MC's best male friend very much, unlike this show where Hiro's best friend, Gorou, is not loved at all by his female partner, Ichigo.

Every time some show has a sexual edge to it under metaphors, you guys think it's some deep ass shit.

I'm not sure being able to tell what kind of lay the guys are supposed to be qualifies as "Depth".

This should be bannable

What that post said is not "deep" though, it's just describing the characterization the show has explicitly given. It's not even about symbolism or metaphors or whatever, it's literally stuff you can conclude from watching the characters interact