Fix him

fix him.

>he beats super buu
>buu flips out and blows up the planet, killing everyone but vegeta and goku in the procces
there i just fixed gohan and the buu arc in one shot

>Actually stays in shape even if he doesn't bother power grinding like his dad or Tien

Kid Gohan does not need fixing. It's the Adult version that sucks.

Let him fucking science.

>stands up to his mother
>defends the earth from planet level threats as the Great Saiyaman
>capable of using a broly-like super saiyan transformation based on rage but actively tries to repress due to being uncontrollable (think how piccolo was once kames evil side)
>can use special beam cannon and prefers it over the kamehameha
>successful in his studies but passes up high paying job to be an astrologist for the sake of studying alien races (like namekians)
>his personal mission is to foil pilaf level villains from collecting the dragonballs
How's that?

Wasn't Gohan supposed to be way stronger than Goku and Vegeta? What happened? Even in the Buu saga Gohan achieved a power beyond Goku's, but he still lose since Majin Buu was on the peak of his power.

Buu arc never happened (though we will import Videl later down the line)

arc is now about coming of age story about being pretty much the new Goku. Probably dealing with villains that need more intelligent methods to defeat them (since the main difference between Gohan and Goku is intelligence and maturity).

If he grew out of the mothers boy nerd and kept up with his training in college and past. They could even keep him as a scientist. Perhaps interning with the briefs.

Don't make him an absolute edgelord in the Cell arc, giving the fanbase the wrong idea of his character.

he only edged one time ONE TIME

And it became his most popular character moment bar none, people actually wanted Gohan to be a mini-Vegeta and hated the Buu saga because he stayed true to his character.

>BENCHhan

lol

Originally they were setting Gohan to be the new main character with Goku actually dieing. But fans loved Goku so much that the studio forced a rewrite. After that he just kind of gave up on Gohan not realy developing him properly.

though to be fair they were sort of leading up to it in Sayian and Frieza arc

and it peaked with mystic gohan
wish DBS brought Mystic Gohan back, it's all we really ask

>they
>studio
Are people still not aware that mangas have authors and many animes are just adaptations of those mangas?

Bulma instead of Chichi as a mother.

Make Gohan a girl.

this

They kind of got rid of his whole when he rages out he gets a huge power boost. I would have kept that in even with his power unlocked. Made that a Gohan only trait. They started giving Vegeta and other sayians that ability in super which is retarded.

Should have just made Goten a girl.

Make it so he doesn't quit training. Use him as backup Vegeta, and hype up serious threats/be a respectable powerplayer.

And while you're at it make Piccolo and Tien stronger. They try too hard to not have any real gainz.

It made no sense for Tien who wanted to catch up to Goku in dragonball and Piccolo to not be relevant. It did make sense for someone like Krillin who just became a family guy.

Piccolo was lost after the bullshit of the time chamber, he was a beast when after the kami power up

No. The whiole thing about Toriyama being forced is bullshit anyway. He quickly changed his mind about Gohan. I'm sure fans missed Goku and rightfully so. He was the MC for about 7 or 8 years.

It's like One Piece killing off Luffy and thinking everybody would just be fine with it

>Gohan actually learns something during his mystic training, instead of just getting a power boost
>becomes a magician instead of focusing on science
>throws fireballs and casts spells and shit instead of ki-blasts
>Beerus is now introduced through Gohan training to become a Kai

>Goku stays dead
>Gohan takes Goku's place
>Goten becomes part of the story

Are you sure you want him fixed? You might want a litter of Saiyan pups some day. I'm just saying let's not rush into this. It's a risky procedure.

>Make Gohan a girl.
But he already is.

After he lost to goku at end of dragonball in 5 years he came up with special beam cannon move which was strong enough to kill Goku when they fought Raditz. Then suddenly Piccolo gets no new techs or anything relevant for the rest of time in the series outside of his fusion with Kami/Nail.

Make him fight with a sword like AT always wanted. Less Goku focus or have him wander the galaxies, and importantly nerf the dragon balls, reason why Gohan does diddly squat is because daddy takes care of it and dragonballs will fix everything else.

>Make him fight with a sword like AT always wanted
[citation needed]

>Less Goku focus
Why would you want DB to be boring?

He's fine as is

Kid Gohan at the beginning of Z had a sword, Future Gohan, Z Sword Gohan... Toriyama liked Gohan with swords.

>Why would you want DB to be boring?
Don't know about you but I found Z less boring than Super.

>It's like One Piece killing off Luffy and thinking everybody would just be fine with it

makes sense

>I found Z less boring than Super
Well yeah, the entirety of the original run is better than Super. Has little to do with character usage, though.

A non-slice of life story with Gohan at the helm would be more boring than anything Super gave us. His personality doesn't throw any tension into dangerous situations. He's going to do the right thing. For Dragon Ball, that's supporting character shit. Goku keeps things interesting because he's always recklessly looking for a challenging fight.

>Why would you want DB to be boring?
Goku is literally the most boring character on the show
>Goku: Wow Im the most powerful thing in the Universe!
>Villain (soon to be ally): no ur not
>new transform
>Goku: Yes I am!!
>Vegeta: m-me too...

Sorry, Bulma has that covered.

The best parts of DBZ happened when Goku was either incapacitated or straight up dead, that's when the cast gets their time to shine.

You know how Goku looked really smart a couple episodes ago coming up with gimmick moves to try to ring Jiren out? That should be Gohan's thing.

I'd argue his character usage has an impact. In Z he wasn't always shoved in your face, the supporting cast gets their time to shine so when Goku shows up you appreciate it. Now I'm so tired of Goku being the focus of everything I just want him knocked out of the ToP.

>yfw Bulma twice regretted not letting Goku smash

>evaluating characters based on powerlevels and powerups rather than personality and motivation
Ah, explains everything.

>Zfags
Explains even more. It's Goku's story, kids. Always has been, always will be. Goku's personality, goals, interests, and decisions are ultimately what drive the series forward, create the drama, and give the series its charm in the first place.

Goku was always smart in a combat sense. He did a Kamehameha with his feet for fuck sake

>rather than personality and motivation
Goku has neither

The problem with DBZ is the side characters stay around long after their stories are over. Vegeta should have stayed dead once Freeza killed him. If you are one of those who says his true character arc was over at the end of the Buu saga, then he should have fucked off into space to train to catch up to Goku or some shit. Piccolo too has his character arc end at the end of the Freeza saga. He finally found his people a potential place he belonged, something he comments on early in his character development. He should have fucked off to new Namek to be their champion and defend them from future threats. Kami should have stayed behind on Earth since he has lived his whole life there and fuck Dende. These guys can come back for a rare cameo, but they are just stale characters with no purpose anymore.

Though it can certainly be argued that once he grew up and matured in the 23rd Budokai there was little in the way of keeping him interesting. That's probably why Toriyama started using him like a trump card.

>try having a decent conversation
>rebut with xfags boogeyman
So much for that I guess. But hey, lets enjoy Super while we can before it ends for good right?

>Gokufag
The best parts of DB were when Goku lost. That's when the rest of the cast gets their time to shine.

>is a smarmy fucking cunt
>naive and obtuse
>loves fighting challenging opponents
>willing to put the well being of others at risk for the sake of a good fight
>tries to do the right thing, but still a backseat to a good fight
Stop consuming the series through "FULL FIGHT HD" videos on Youtube, it's giving you a really warped perception of the series, apparently.

Not true at all. Gives Piccolo a senzu. Lets Vegeta go. Lets Freeza power up, and gives him energy. Lets the androids get built. Fights Vegeta instead of taking care of Buu first.

His thirst for battle is a consistent and believable source of drama, and yet he's our protagonist. How is this uninteresting?

And don't get me wrong, I love the supporting cast, but it's still Goku's story. Always has been, always will be. If that's not something you're into, then the series isn't for you.

>Stop consuming the series through "FULL FIGHT HD" videos on Youtube, it's giving you a really warped perception of the series, apparently.
Jokes on you, I don't watch this shit, I just read the recaps so I can post in the threads

Never learns the signature moves from the shitty turtle hermit school.
Continues to use Demonschool and it's signature moves.
Is voiced by a man the moment he steps out of the RoSaT.
Doesn't fuck around with Cell and levels him.
Masters SSJ2 to the point where he can stay in it for days at a time.
Does the gold fighter thing once and the city is abuz with rumors that the kid hero grew up and is out for revenge against hercule. Or at least that's what Hercule tells everyone.
Gohan decides to play hero and does the dorky toku act for kids but is serious as hell when it comes down to it.
Costume is compromise between his teen demonschool gi and his namekian get up.

Takes his superhero thing seriously but also has to hit the books because he has a dream to not just be a scholar but to teach the world about martial arts.

Fights against alien warlords from other galaxies who're beyond cell tier, his demon ancestors(which leads to the universes and demon universes greatest mortal mage babidi finding out that earth is where buu was sealed)the cell plague which is just and an army of ki absorbing androids which forces the rest of the Z fighters out of retirement.
Vegeta leaves the planet to fight greater threats and to find the rest of the 200 lowclass saiyajins.

The buu saga begins in earnest because Goku who was given special leave to go to earth is tasked with stopping the revival of majin buu.
The tournament just so happens to take place during that time.

Gohan is given special permission to train in the kai planet alongside Goku leaving Krillian, 18, Tien(who's the master of his own school and cell saga tier Trunks tier after using a special limited use technique) Goten and Trunks who're barely 500k each to protect the planet. Piccolo is back on nu-namek doing god knows what.

His mother and his grandfather both have that otherworldly and unnatural power and insane rage boost.

This.
GT and Super were both considered unwatchable shit when it became the GOKU show and the cast were largely made useless or irrelevant powerups for Goku.

This

>Goku keeps things interesting because he's always recklessly looking for a challenging fight.
Never did that in Z.
Like, at all.
What he's done in Super so far is so horrifyingly retarded and wreckless that he might as well be the villain of this arc. As a matter of fact, 99% of every other word out of everyone else's mouth in super since ToP begain was "It ain't goku's fault".

At the same time the best part of Super is when they skipped all the Goku on the bus bullshit with the Black arc.

>Kami should fuck Dende

lewd

>GT and Super were both considered unwatchable shit when it became the GOKU show

I guess Dragon Ball is unwatchable then because that's as much if not more the Goku show than those two

>A non-slice of life story with Gohan at the helm would be more boring than anything Super gave us. His personality doesn't throw any tension into dangerous situations. He's going to do the right thing. For Dragon Ball, that's supporting character shit. Goku keeps things interesting because he's always recklessly looking for a challenging fight.

Wait, you just literally described 99% of shonen.

If Dragon Ball stopped with the 23rd Tournament, then it would be less then a footnote in history and shounen would have never taken off across the planet.

I reiterate, Goku is the weakest part of DB and continuously pushing him to the forefront makes the series weaker.

Remove the tail

his little brother is everything gohan is not but gets no focus because goten and trunks are around for shitty jokes

>shitty
They're the best part of the Buu saga simply because of how funny they are, they're not shitty.

i agree but by your logic goku's story ends right when piccolo kills him and gohan should have been the star from there on

More like when he comes to terms with his saiyan heritage and goes SS. Gohan should have starred after that.

Or maybe everything after Freeza was just poorly written and took all the characters in shitty directions.

Put him in his mom's old bikini.

delet

If you ask me, the only way to improve things with Gohan is to improve the power system of dragon ball. The reason things become "The Goku Show" is because strength became something you could put into tiers, with the logic of: if Mr.Z defeats Mr.Y, and Mr.Y defeats Mr.X, then Mr.Z would defeat Mr.X.
This creates a situation where the main cast will naturally be divided into tiers, because there's only one way to win against someone else, which is to have the higher number. And of course, it's natural to give the highest number in the main cast to the main character. At best, you can only have everyone else fight off lesser villains, but of course we won't feel the same level of gratification.
That all said, while in retrospect the system could have been more well thought out, I think the original appeal of the series WAS that it took the strength of its characters to greater and greater extremes, using the loose concept of ki as a narrative excuse to let it happen. Which is why it reached the world wide success it did, and influenced mangaka afterward to take similar loose concepts and also have characters perform fantastic feats, some in fact breaking the scaling logic db suffered from.
So simply put, fixing Gohan is hard to do if you want to keep db being the legend it is.