One Piece or Naruto?

Alright boys, I'm trying to invest in a long term anime, I just need to know:
One Piece or Naruto?
Which has the best payoff for investment and which is overall better?

bump

both have arcs that get pretty repetitive at times, but the sheer amount of screen time characters get makes it easier to care about the story imo, just watch whichever one seems more interesting.

I’d rather shoot myself, to be quite honest.

Read the manga instead. No fillershit, no QUALITY, no protracted plot. Only when there’s a fight you’d like to see animated, should you hit the anime

One Piece by far. The ending of naruto and the final arc will make you wanna kill yourself.

idk man I just want to know which one is worth my time

I watched and read all of Naruto except the fillers. It brought in 0 dollars.

There’s no real reason to choose
Watch both and skip the filler eps

I could have sworn there was a recommendation board

One Piece will be Naruto-tier when Luffy forgives Black Beard and asks him to join his crew.

Both are entry level shit.

Watch HxH instead. If you really want to check out OP watch it on OnePace, it cuts out all the extra crap, that will get you up to speed quickly. For naruto just find a filler list and avoid those episodes, also avoid any flashbacks for any character, they all had the same lonely childhood. Naruto has better fights and battle animation imo. One piece is fun, but nothing is at stake, everyone always lives.

You are a sucker for torture.. If I was to subject myself to a long running anime series, I'd pick Kenshin or LOGH before these two, but if it has to be one of these two...

One Piece

Naruto actually starts out good, there is a reason it got popular. It's ending and character development will let you down. One Piece draws out its fights a little long, but it has some pretty sweet moments. And in a long ass series, it's those epic moments that you wiull remeber, not the hours apon hours of filler.

>Watch HxH instead.

/thread

If you're hell bent on picking one up it's kind of hard to choose for me tbqh.

Naruto starts out way stronger and has some amazing things going for it, but those things start to fall flat on their ass after the timeskip and are drowned in seemingly endless filler. The post timeskip parts still have their moments but the highs are drowned in lows so low you might think they're filler too. If you can appreciate the high moments though it wasn't all that bad.

One piece on the other hand starts out slower but manages to stay consistent...it has some really crazy high moments too but they're buried under a TON of buildup that a lot of people get bored slogging through. The major fights also tend to drag on a lot longer than they have any right to, which cuts into what should be non stop action. Still..it doesn't hit the absurd lows Naruto does and the filler is a lot easier to skip since it's so obvious.

Yeah bro it's mainly an anime i'm gonna watch in my downtime between other shit

An episode of One Piece isn't even a full chapter, it's mostly recap and slow pacing, with like 10 mins of new content.

good I can skip the recap and opening and save a bunch of time, easier to catch up imo

I'd the best option is to drop both animes and just read the One Piece manga. The earlier parts of both animes are worth watching tho, but Naruto drops significantly in writing quality and One Piece drops in pacing and animation quality as time goes on.

oh man... I think One Piece is the lesser of two shits, is what I'll say. Naruto however, has already finished. you can just look at episode guides if you want to avoid filler. One Piece is going to go on for another 10 years.

So the one piece manga is better than the anime?

You know, its not like I think Naruto is good. Its complete trash with pain arc being what ruined it.
But with that said I do feel like going back to the old times as a kid and just watching it over again. It was so comfy back then.
Maybe up until when Gaara is resurrected.