Violet Evergarden

2 days until 3rd episode

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanuensis
youtu.be/sS4mq267rp4?t=1m30s
youtu.be/mXw4YgmyE4c?t=4m10s
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-22/isabella-bird-in-wonderland-manga-gets-bilingual-edition-in-japan/.126755
youtube.com/watch?v=WLiXQyAHzPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow, time goes fast.

Something about Saber looks...off.

Really? Feels like episode 2 was released yesterday.

Sadly not when you watch the actual episode.

>Kyoani keep stealing designs from other shows mid-air

Shameless!

Some clarification about Auto Memories Dolls, not much of spoilers just trivia:

Auto Memories Dolls are machines created for Proffessor for his blind wife, as explained in episode 2. Those are mechanical automatic typewriters transcribing vocal text. The became popular and hyped for a while, coining the term Auto Memories Doll - but since they are complex to produce, their actual numbers are rather limited and they cost a lot.

Meanwhile, the demand for such services shown by popularity of those machines gave birth to proffesssion Auto Memories Dolls, or simply Dolls - which were pretty much female assistance/secretaries for hire. There are requirements to become one, and there are plenty of companies providing those services. In general its cheaper to hire a human AMD, than to rent a machine - especially when you need many of them at once (as say a company later in novel hiring 20+ of them to copy books).

Generally young pretty women become AMDs and there is stygma that its women simply looking to get aquintanced with rich people and celebrities and get a good marriage chances... which is not wrong. This is a motivation for many who go to that proffession, though not all.

The correct name for the Proffession is en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanuensis

Generally, they are hired for secretary/typing services - but it does not mean services provided are limeted by that. If you just need a text typed, you can visit their companies or call for house visit. If you need something more you "rent" them. Renting them, they are under your services and disposal for period of time as servants/assistance - generally following clients wishes, as long it does not contradict their principes or specific terms of contracts.

There are AMDs in majority of nations, including the oriental countries (which are present in the VEG setting, so there is in fact not-Japan and you`ll see japanese characters briefly). Usually AMD companies cooperate with post services tightly.

I watched the first episode 9 times, the second 7 so far. It is enjoyable every time and every time fresh.

no they arent

FYI Eurofags: non-english subs are directly translated from Japanese, not ripped from the English translation. The translation in my native langage for that Cattleya scene was like Asenshi's, not the english Netflix translation.

>check russian dubs
>mfw there is 59 different releases
>there is only 1 french
>still cant find Chinese

I don't know why Violet x Zero two meme start, but i like where it is going.

Two most hyped heroines this season. Nero might join soon too.

[DragsterPS] release should have all subs. At least that's what I used.

That would be interesting.

But they already lost.

Violet Sad, Happy, Enraged etc etc

KyoAni paid huge attention to displaying her emotions properly.

Cant unsee this

All Gaijin were fooled. Japanese version is without filters!

On a serious note, this is how VEG looks if you watch it on TV rather than monitor. One should try.

This

Because Violet wants to know what love is and 02 is a massive slut.

I checked, this is actually true. It looks like they make it the way specifically to look great on TV, probably because of Netflix deal.

The HS release has banding issues though, noticable on TV. Need BDs still.

okay that's cute. Maybe Zero two can teach Violet what love is.

They are both monsters

Oni is into sex, not love.

Blasphemy. This is a form of anti-piracy you say?

Was my thoughs as well, KyoAni implementing Anime Denuvo. That said i cant pinpoint the issue. Chroma subsampling? Postprocessing of frames on TV?

What would it look different though? Is there a difference between a monitor and a TV screen?

There is a lot of difference, but it the degree of it depends on what TV matrix is used for the screen. Different TVs are very different from each other, let alone from monitors. For one TV does post processing, monitors are in 4:4:2 chroma subsampling while TV at 4:2:0 (though new you can set to run in 4:4:2 as well), different methods of displaying colors depending on matrix - i.e. addictive or substractive.

There is HUGE differences between photo cameras, printed, TV and PC monitors picture representation since all have different requirements, color scales etc.

That said, it hard to pinpoint what exactly would make VEG look different on TV and if would at all. For now people with HDR screens confirmed it look better for them, tested on IPS and CRT white filter seems to be absent as well. It might be different for different models of TV though.

Monitors are better in most aspect, but TVs are adjusted to display movies in particular, while monitors have little lag and require sharp picture and distinct lower contrast collors.

You are so full of shit.

It is hard to imagine for you since you hate anime, i understand. I did same for Hibike first episodes, but mostly because of the superb sound. I rarely ever rewatch stuff immidiately. VEG is an exception and it is worth it.

This level of bd taste is illegal here. Go back to MAL.

>new outfit makes her look even more like saber
They’re just fucking with us now, aren’t they?

This image triggers me. Violet and her anime sucks. Stop piggy-backing on better shows.

I went there and discovered where the source of VEG hater shitposters actually comes from. Why are you revealing yourself so carelessly?

Who are you trying to fool? I seriously doubt MAL hates this garbage.

>Yoshinari: We wanna become like Pixar, or P.A. Works, or Kyo-Ani.

How do i do that on my monitor?

Wait what????????
Now I guess I have to plug in my lap to the TV. Fucking Kyoanus

You don't, you just watch it on TV

The PV4 and new BD Ad were showing scenes of Violet riding up the mountain on the Aerial tramway. If i am not mistaken, it should be indication that Chapter 4 aka "Auto Memories Doll and Scholar" would be on first BD, or maybe even next episode could have part of it - though doubt they`ll include it fully in the 3rd one, as it should be finale of "Violet`s training" anime original arc, while in "AMD and Scholar" she should already be a full fledged doll and some time passed since current anime events.

>Auto Memories Doll and Scholar

Oh man. That's the one where the client is an /r9k/ astronomer, right? Are you looking forward to an incredible amount of asshurt from the tryhard trolls the week that airs? Because I'm not.

That sad, i only have monitor.

Can someone translate? (cant upload image for some reason on Sup Forums atm) Trying to OCR but getting gibberish results.

I.e. top middle country クトリガ花国 is litterally Trigger Country

How old is Violet? Everybody says she's a kid, but looks like she's in her 20's.

She was found at around 10, spent 2 years? with Dietfried and then 4 years during war with gilbert

is it any good or is kyoani baiting us

>Dietfried
This faggot must have done sth with her right, keeping a loli in your closet is highly suspicious

>“It’s okay. It’s okay, Gil. Calm down. It’s nothing strange. No, maybe it is crazy. Haha. It may be a bit difficult to handle and dangerous, but it’s well-behaved when you don’t give it orders. But don’t think of doing anything weird… since its looks aren’t bad. As far as I know, eight people tried to sneak into its bed and had their necks ripped. Its rough temper is troublesome. It doesn’t serve as a comforter.”

Now that you mention it yeah.

>putting their whore inside Violet's dress
Nothing is too desperate for Franxxfags huh.

Saber dress.

Nothing is too low for fatefags huh.

Is this shit good?

Nah, avoid.

Watch it and decide for yourself

Which chapter would NOT cause asshurt from tryhard trolls? R9k, Edgy, Melodrama, Chuni, forced, muh Mary Sue, insert buzzword.

Each chapter has something to trigger someone.

Who's the episode director / storyboarder for episode 3? I want to compare it with Akai/Kouno's episode.

No idea so far. Info probably out there since it was prescreened in japan at 10th december in cinemas, but did not see details about its staff nor story yet.

Episode 3 - Violet gets some training, Iris gets some attention because she went through the same training, novelist dickbag shows up near the end and Violet travels with him.

youtu.be/sS4mq267rp4?t=1m30s
youtu.be/mXw4YgmyE4c?t=4m10s

I`ll tell Violet`s bot on twitter than Gilbert is dead if those two tracks are not used as EDs for particular episodes at key scenes.

I want Beatrice clones to leave.

VEG is so great, Kadokawa made its own VEG

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-22/isabella-bird-in-wonderland-manga-gets-bilingual-edition-in-japan/.126755

So, who do you want to be featured in Sidestories released in spring?

Aside from Lux, Lux and Lux.

More of the psychopath.

I hardly see the difference

How there would be a side story about him? He and Violet were not really involved in past, he just seen her a few times. And afterwards it is very unlikely for him to ever escape prison.

Sure, they could have made a story about him forming a cult and then building a tower with the dead bodies of his followers, but i doubt they`d do that - VEG stories are not just description of events, but follow some narrative and have conclusions, and his was already answered in novel.

Reading a novel for second time, and damn i am full anticipation for the ride that will be anime. Everyone already is misinterpreting Violet`s character, and will continue so almost until the end just changing stages of delusion. It really is wonderful. It really is a character and story you cant just describe in few words, and have to experience whole.

>Everyone already is misinterpreting Violet`s character
More like people are making wild guesses based on what little the anime has shown of her in two episodes. The funny thing is that there are guys who are fast to say "stop making assumptions, you don't understand!" whenever anyone comes up with hypothesis trying to explain why she acts like she does, like that she's a child soldier with emotional traumas. Is normal to try to make sense of what you're watching, but some of the people that have read the novel take it like some kind of offense.

>Autistic blonde foreigner who is only good at the battlefield and can't understand the hearts of others
(Not Saber)
I wonder if Violet also know how to please a man.

It is normal try to make sence of what you watch indeed. It is not normal to try to pretend to be a judge of story and characters, and belive you know all there is to know about the anime, what it is about and how will it will go.

It is like a situation if people watched first episode of HxH or Kenshin and immidiately think they know everything there is to know about them.

This.

Kek.

Erica pleases old man for money.

Thats Cattlaya though.

So is Gilbert her daddy or her "daddy"?

DELET THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=WLiXQyAHzPs

>***,292位/***,287位 (***,597 pt) [*,**0予約] 2018/04/04 Violet Evergarden
What went wrong bros?

Nothing. While I enjoy shitposting about those numbers on stalker threads I was already expecting said numbers to happen.
VEG starts slow but grows with emotions later on, I'll start worrying if those figures don't improve by week 6 or so.

I`d say the biggest issue so far is that what we were shown in first two episdoes is mostly anime original, mixing bits of novel flashbacks and info - but not really tied to novel story. It just just a scenes added to fill the gap, one would assume by himself when reading the novel.

The episodes are good, and are great fanservice for those who already know the story - but they lack the conceptual punch of the novel chapters, where every one is own story - and also lack the novels dare to go on a journey in direction reader does not expect.

They should have packaged the firt 3 episodes together and released them as one hour long introduction. Or if they wanted backstory, rather than teasing with hints and events could directly adapt the events with Dietfried, Gilbert and Violet`s war parts - which would have impact, though just as with novel - better spared for later.

The main issue is that people who dont know anything about novel story.. still dont know anything about novel story and what to expect.

In a way. A novel introduces you into concept of how the story will go directly with chapter one .. and then subverts it. Multiple times.

Now however people watching would assume from first episode it will be mild drama about a girl at workplace dealing with ptsd and autism, while actual Violet is a character that stands out absolutely and has lot of depth.

But that fits the attempt to portray her growth naturally - and in the end should be rewarding as you track the whole path: from the blank state doll right now, to a gracious wise woman, to a cursed remnant, to able to express happiness woman teased in far future.

Plus, currently everything displayed of Violet comes from her outer portrayal and other characters perception - where the biggest factor in novel come from her own words and feelings that at time contradict them.

Though some relevant touches where in first episodes already. Like the scene of Hodgins telling her that she Burns, and her not understanding it. Violet acting all emotionlessly, yet being shown clearly frustrated and somewhat childish in episode two. Obviously the whole obsession with Gilbert. Rationalization of food intake (people took it as a joke, well it is not. No detail in story is not relevant.). Indifference people confuse with low emotional capacity.

The one detail critically lacking though, is revelation of her real nature - they should have at least hinted to her true cold, her alien, her "monster".