What went wrong?

What went wrong?

No season 3

Got too serious.
Stopping being about suggestion box shenanigans.
Labeling things plus minus upsidedown multiplication Tom Clancy's The Division™ instead of just weird abilities.
Conspiracy take over the world stuff was dumb.
The show is called Medaka BOX and ceased to be about THE BOX.
Fresh was not fresh.
Medaka should have remained as an autistic savant.
Lack of box.
Kumagawa was interesting once.
Old man was never interesting.
Strayed from the path of the box.

Shiranui lost

Not enough focus on Zenkichi

Female lead for shonenshit which literally targets underage audience.

Too pretentious. Trying too hard to 'break the meta'.

It ended

Nisio isin wrote it

Fucking this.

Come the fuck on.

Fresh

In the end, with the black wedding and the confession it was about her box if you know what i mean.

Pretty much this, although I actually dont care about the box eveything else is spot on.

This. Two episodes of Kumagawa are not enough.

It felt it could be cancelled at any moment and as it went on, that really showed in the writing. The way it could just totally abandon shit or make up some ridiculous twist and take it so seriously was jarring at times but it would counter this by blatantly giving in to what it thought would make it popular (like every time Kei Munakata randomly appeared in story or in a color spread even though he was an irrelevant character, just because he ranked high in a popularity poll once)

They never showed the yandere

Nothing.

It just required too much intelligence to enjoy.

The anime is shit. Nothing wrong on the manga.

People on Sup Forums were simply too dumb to understand its greatness.

The dumb one would be you. Funny how most of this thread has actual arguments against Medaka Box and yours is just an excuse for how stupid the manga got

genre changed too many times. medaka is also a mary sue who can literally do anything with zero effort whatsoever.

Absolutely nothing.

Medaka was not only a Mary Sue, but a massive bitch. That one part where Zenkichi finally grows a pair and challenged her only to get brutally beaten to a bloody pulp by her pissed me off too. I know the ending is supposed to be happy with Zenkichi and Medaka proposing to each other and getting married, but who the fuck would want to put up with Medaka as a wife?

(OP)
It sold a shit ton in Japan.
Pretty much anyone savvy to a lot of battle manga enjoyed it immensely.
In the west many shounen manga and anime are "babbys first animu" and thus they didn't get the meta aspects.
Just look at review scores and it is all over the place depending on which group reviewed it.

Main characters not particularly likable. Character motivations were dumb. I don't remember this as clearly but it felt like back to back conflicts with little between.

Powers were cool and supporting cast was not bad. Would have liked it more if everything was bit less serious.

>but who the fuck would want to put up with Medaka as a wife
Zenkichi apparently. He's probably the only one who can put up with her along with the only guy she'd accept.