Berserk

I've been reading theories and one i've seen states that Void was the first God Hand and that he ascended during pic related.

But if he was the first God Hand then who were these Four angels?

Bump

next chapter when?

I believe they always were 5 God hands? I mean I assumed there was someone before femto and so on.

the eclipse happens after every 6x6x6=216 years, which means that means he ascended approximately 1000+ years ago and that's also when gaiseric's story takes place, the story states there were 4-5 angels so I think they are replaced for some reason, or do the other god hands kill them? that we know nothing about

Bump

Void should have been the only god hand member present at the time, it's just that miura was making shit up as he went along like most other hack manga writers

>God-like being with reality warping powers
>his ascension was described without any changes
pick one

I'm on my first reread and I see mozgus telling farnese about history
"wise man" and "king gaiseric" seems to refer to void (big brain) and skull knight.
Mozgus does say that angels arrived so I guess God hand members are replaced in a cycle/someone killed a godhand. I have the screens it of the page but it doesn't upload

I suppose there just isn't enough information to form a conclusive argument.

Do you guys think there will ever be an answer to these questions?

I think Miura will probabl shed some light on how it all works but I think, and hope, that will we just have to, as is said in pic related, accept these enigmas for what they are.

Also, I think the cicle, or spiral, of events won't be broken, there will probably still be godhand and the Idea of Evil, or even if those are erradicated then something else has to take their place.

>Golden age = Low fantasy
>Conviction - Falcon = Dark fantasy
>Fantasia = High fantasy
am i thinking this right?

Yes. Berserk is attempting do be the end all be all of fantasy

Very broadly speaking I agree. I've been saying something similar for quite a while too, user. I would call the Golden Age historical fantasy, though it's perhaps the same thing

Millennium Falcon has some strong elements of high fantasy, though Fantasia is very fairy tale-like so usurps it

It's very unlikely the God Hand are replaced/cycled out. The birth of Femto is seen as special because it is regarded as the completion of the God Hand, Slan refers to the 'final' Eclipse as marking the beginning of the 'Age of Darkness' (or something to that effect) which we initially interpret to be the years afterwards in which Midland is hit by plagues, famines, heresy, war etc. Femto was also the vanguard of the God Hand by being incarnated into the physical world through the Incarnation Ceremony which helped cause the Merge of Worlds/Advent of Fantasia, which has either allowed the God Hand into the physical world, or allowed them to manipulate/appear much more easily. It makes no sense for the God Hand to be replaced, it goes contrary to causality and the higher workings of the IOE which seems to be working towards something grand and global

Personally, I believe the IOE wants to usurp the natural order of the earth. We know that in Berserk magic is about manipulating small astral energies like slpyhs, but creatures of darkness are literally made out of 'evil power' which probably derives from human sin (it is also referred to as a heavier 'element' which does not exist in places like Elfhelm). We don't know for sure, and I have no idea who the fuck the original angels were (outside of ancient apostles or maybe a set of proto-God Hand), but I believe the Skully-Void situation was the first move by the IOE in its grand plan, and the birth of Femto/reincarnation of Griffith was one of the last moves

I know the IOE isn't strictly a canon name, but there's plenty of hints and we outright see the God of the Abyss before the removed chapter so we might as well treat it as such

Perhaps, during the first eclipse, there were only 4-5 apostles? However, they really strong ones so it was sufficient to take down an old primitive kingdom. One of them is obviously zodd who can take on hundreds of soldiers anyway. Void was the first to be born from that magnitude of sacrifice and powerful enough to ascend to god hand level. He became the apostles leader.

The Idea might not want to, sure, but we're talking about the most ruthlessly ambitious people to ever live, granted near godly powers. It doesn't seem unreasonable to think that one might try to off the rest of the God Hand or even usurp the Idea in their desire for even more power. I doubt it would really surprise anyone if Femto attempted it, for example. We also can't say that was the first and only incarnation, only that if it did happen they didn't ultimately attempt/manage a merge.

Do any of you have issues when trying to upload an image?
I feel like the yellow jew is fucking with our content

Like most writers in the world, even the most distinguished ones.

I was gonna say no but have seen someone else also having difficulties in another thread... then couldn't upload an image to go with the comment

Why does Hiro hate us
Bet its one of his malware adds gone haywire

Welp, I also couldn't upload images. Even uploading with links didn't work.

Korean raws drop tomorrow usually.

>that means science fantasy is not out of the question

>science fantasy
>Rickert goes to the magic ISIS
Get ready for the techno-magic-monsters and bombs.

>God HAND
Two hands