Economic collapse will destroy animu

Real talk, the anime industry fucking sucks. It sounds like it wouldn't take anything at all to knock it down. Remember when you were nearly sold by your parents ten years ago for food? Imagine if that happened again. That was the real start of all the moeshit taking over.

Imagine something like that coming around again (which is fucking destined to happen, it's just how the system works). Japan's already been kevined by recession since the early 90s, but this would make it go full chad. It's already a pathetic bollywood chain factory where overworked and underpaid nips take the whip 26 hours a day just to give us art work less appealing than what a 13 year old deviantART furfag would create until the based blu ray animators save their shitty work.

If the economy starts dipping a few points, you better expect ten times more moeshit

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/01/18/national/social-issues/japans-government-aims-ageless-society-plan-keep-healthy-seniors-working/
hollywoodreporter.com/news/japans-anime-industry-grows-record-177b-boosted-by-your-name-exports-1058463
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still with the bitcoin bullshit, /biz?

Now I can die in peace.

>Clearly there being more anime than ever before is a sign that the industry is failing

>26 hours a day
Are you from this planet? I'm asking you completely unironically, since that'll explain shit.

>Markets are at all time highs.
>Unemployment rates are at all time lows
>I..it's gunna crash soon guys... I swear.

lotta total nobookz brainemptynerdlords submitting miserable subposts in this itt
at least read the wikipedia article on the 2008 crash tards and tard enablers

Bitcoin's bubble is gonna burst. Considering the number of chads selling their lives just for a little of the bit, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what kicks off a meltdown

> 1929: Markets are at an all time high, unemployment's at an all time low, even my shoe shine boy's giving me stock tips. I-I-I swear, user, the market's gonna crash!
> 2007: Markets are at an all time high, unemployment's at an all time low, even my chat room girlfriend's giving me stock tips. I-I-I swear, user, the market's gonna crash!

This fag-tier argument makes the least amount of sense. We are very clearly in a bubble right now. If anything, the market being THIS stupidly high is a damn good sign the market's gonna crash or at least correct.

I know we're all autism but i think that's a joke
Isn't that usually a warning sign tho

It will crash as Japan ceases to create young people at all. The future is seinen

>moeshit
>moeshit
>moeshit
Can't you just keep your cancerous threads on Sup Forums? I'm sure they will appreciate another "the industry is gonna crash again soon I swear!" thread

>econ fag
>agrees that market is in an atrocious bubble
>anime slavers will suffer legendarily for their QUALITY shit
As soon as this bubble pops, I'm going commie or Nazi because this shits gonna suuuuuuuuck

Anime won't die, we'll just return to the dark ages of the early 2010s when every shit was the worst you've ever shat until the next one and you could predict literally every show's plot and ending within the first twelve seconds. And we'll go from 12 episode seasons to 8.

The yield curve still hasn't inverted, we're fine for at least a couple years, probably. Anyway, everyone in this thread seems completely stupid to me, and has absolutely no concept of how market crashes affected the anime industry in the past

>chad
Fuck off crossboarder.

Economics don't work like that OP. We'll get MORE anime in a recession because they're cheap as shit to make. The animation will be shittier than the 90s and the stories will be insane in their ineptitude but we'll get 10x the catgirls

You mean The future is Female

Not really accurate. The 2008 crash produced the first drop in number of anime produced per year since I actually don't know when. But it did recover pretty quickly

How is the market a bubble? I'm a brainlet and don't understand, what is there to pop?

You're right about the economy but your brain rental started showing when you equated it to the anime industry. And the crash won't come until the Democrats are in charge to take the blame anyway.
>chad
I know what you're doing. You're butthurt over Dragonshit Blooper ending and want to make sure it never comes back by adopting ridiculously autistic headcanons

If it were that easy to predict, everyone would short it. Also, I genuinely don't think we've bubble status yet, he's probably wrong on that

It's only going to crash because people can't fucking pay their bills like peasants instead of saving and buying within their means like human beings

There's nothing backing up the Dow Jones. It's unironically piglets saying they have more slop than what exists because their pigfucking farmlord said he was going to go get some more but he's been fucking the family dog all this time

Buy High
Sell Low
The true /biz/ strategy

What happened in 2001?

The Japanese economy is fine and the Japanese animation industry has been growing for years.

Still this butthurt over Clinton getting bent, bitch? FYI 16 years of Trump and we'll outlaw degenerate anime too

Netflix saves anime, I do not worry.

Watch Spice and Wolf S2 first episodes. That is a Market bubble and crash with no survivors 101

Anime is not going to crash when more money from China and other countries keeps flowing in.

>Unemployment rates are at all time lows
A deceptively useless metric. Unemployment rates are at all time lows, but workforce/labour participation is at all time lows.

So how can record percentages of people not working exist beside record percentages of people not unemployed? By altering the definition of "unemployed" to ensure that your government isn't the one with an increase in unemployment. IIRC, in the US you're counted as unemployed during the two years after leaving full-time employment if you're looking for full-time employment; if you were working part-time, aren't looking for work, or aren't employed full-time within two years, you're not considered "unemployed".

Labour participation rates are a far better indicator of what percentage of people have jobs.

Japan has some impending problems it needs to sort out, else it will face a significant economic decline. Go check out population pyramids for Japan compared to the UK, USA, Germany, etc., and it's clear that there's major population slump which will struggle to support the retiring elderly. Japanese media has been clearly drumming up awareness of family, parenthood, and children, and it's not been completely successful.

The nation could decide to have the elderly work until death, or have less support for the elderly, in a collective self-sacrifice. But if that sticks, it'll erode the social security which holds generations together.

>moeshit
Fuck off.

Dot Com Bubble burst

The anime industry has survived multiple economic downturns. It will continue to thrive and people will continue to watch anime.

I understand how bubbles work, I just don't understand what it's supposed to be centered around.

Real Estate? Virtual Currencies? What's going to pop? What is it that is being valued way higher than it is actually worth?

Again, if you can figure that out before anyone else, you'll be a rich man

Oh, don't worry about that. OP is just an autistic teenager that unironically thinks he understand shit about economics. Anime is quite a solid industry for a country that is in fucking deflation. Shit isn't going anywhere

>market does well
>it's bubble everyone
>market keeps getting better
>HOLY SHIT IT'S A BUBBLE, IT'S GONNA FUCKING DIE CAUSE A BUBBLE DOES THAT
>why though?
>IT'S A BUBBLE
Fuck off, bubble are jew tricks to steal money.

>>everyone in thread is unironically autistic, can't see big brown bubble expanding out of government's ass

>The nation could decide to have the elderly work until death
Funny that you mention this. It's already in the media.
>japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/01/18/national/social-issues/japans-government-aims-ageless-society-plan-keep-healthy-seniors-working/

>8 years of over 10% growth
>all studios fully booked until 2020

hollywoodreporter.com/news/japans-anime-industry-grows-record-177b-boosted-by-your-name-exports-1058463

Manime fags are retards. Anime industry was never doing so well.

>Fed is obviously creating artificial bubbles
>Must be genuine growth because [no reason given besides answers that would fail you in econ 101]
>Here comes the sun user

We're probably not in a bubble, but bubbles are real. Even if you don't agree with the term, it'd be stupid to think that commodities can't be overvalued, and that value can't have a rapid decrease in correction.

Holy shit not living in Japan just keeps getting better and better

>MFW it turns out bitcoin and the autismcoins cause a new economic depression
Bitcoin is way too overvalued for one and then there's college debt, bank bailouts in Europe, and low productivity.
Not to mention most of tech industry just really needs to BTFO because 90% of that shit's worthless as fuck buzzwords and hype about "machine learning" this and "deep learning" that when it barely functions at all.

Only if you have monopoly which the anime industry doesn't have.
Kyoani for example is now big enough to not rely on kadokawa.

Tulip mania is literally the most high profile bubble in history, and there were no monopoles to cause it

A monopoly isn't necessary for a commodity to be overvalued. No one entity had control over all stocks during the Dot Com bubble, but the collective action of businesses was to issue stocks excessively, decreasing the value of each stock in a way that caused a bank rush.

The global GDP keeps steadily falling, developings in automation mean unemployment will do nothing but rise, and this year already started with revolts in one country. Surely everything will be fine.

Sexually Japan’s custom is harsher than American puritanism. We don’t see girls and boys shake hand or hug each other as a form of greeting. Thus, Japanese boys get really frustrated because they never get to touch girls. It is the lack of skinship that causes a lot of misery in boyhood. And the Japanese government survey (2005) shows that 24% of unmarried men are romantically inexperienced. That’s 1/4 of them! No wonder there are a lot of otaku in Japan. 2005 was the year when neoliberalism peaked in Japan, symbolized by the Privatization of Post Office Act pushed by the then prime minister Koizumi Junichiro. His one-man political style was criticized as “dictatorship.” He was an unapologetic rash macho, a typical overconfident alpha male. He acted like a king instead of premier. His economic policy, requested by the U.S.T.R. under the Bush administration as The U.S.-Japan Regulatory Reform and Competition Policy Initiative (2003) (can’t find an English version), has precipitated the income gap in Japan, and caused many young men to fall into precariat. Thus, unmarketable to date and have sex. They have been rejected simply because of their socioeconomic status. This traumatic experience creates void in their heart and eventually leads to severe social inhibition. And they will withdraw from the world, and become a hermit such as otaku. So, sexuality is the root of otaku’s PTSD. Just like Dr. Tamaki Saito, a psychiatrist specialized in hikikomori, says in his book, we can’t discuss otaku without sexuality. And coincidentally 2005 was the year the word "moe" received the 2005 Ryukougo Award.

So, there’s a correlation between neoliberalism and moe.

Name a year that didn't have revolts in at least one country.

Is that the best you've got?

This reminds me a bit of a VN saying the Japanese music industry got stuck on idolshit because it failed in meeting modern queries.

I'm just saying, it's completely irrelevant. I could have pointed out that automation has never led to long term job-loss, I guess.

453 BC

>May 8 – The Chinese city of Jinyang is severely flooded in the Battle of Jinyang, where the elite families of Jin, Zhao, Zhi, Wei and Han fight. The Wei and the Han swap allegiances to side with Zhao and eliminate the Zhi house, ending the Spring and Autumn period of Chinese history.
Still sounds pretty tumultuous, desu

The market will crash when the foundation of bitcoin's value - mining- stops making money for normies. This will happen naturally and "soon", but a sudden increase in energy prices or CPU power will also pop the bubble.

Wait for fake market indicators that people are mining more than ever (it'll actually be peaked and people are starting to quit), then SELL.

>automation has never led to long term job-loss
>past tense
Ah yes, because automation has always been exactly the same, and it is never going to advance, and human workers aren't going to be less and less needed in the future! Thanks, I'm relieved now.

I don't see why we should trust your baseless speculation against the weight of history

You are dumb is what you are

Nothing lasts forever OP. Just enjoy it while you have it. Also, keep a backlog that way you can still enjoy anime even after the industry is dead.

Is bitcoin even big enough to cause a market crash? How much has been invested in crypto vs the mortgages that fucked us in 2008?

I thought we had yet to recover from the 2009 recession

despite all reports saying automation will cause millions of job losses in the next decades? lmao

It'll screw around with a fair share of black markets and college eco doctorate projects, since that's the only reason to trade bitcoin vs. normal currency.

Yes, that's what they've always said. And it's technically true, certain jobs become no longer economically viable, but the massive gains in efficiency the automation creates make new jobs viable in their stead. It's like you really have no conception of technological progression at all.

>I could have pointed out that automation has never led to long term job-loss, I guess.
Previous automation reduced the number of humans necessary to perform an amount of work, but never eliminated humans entirely. As such, industrial growth offset the loss of positions. Or in the case of horses-to-cars or secretaries-to-computers, the automating device created an expanded market which replaced one job with another.

Current automation trends aim to completely remove humans, so no amount of industrial growth or expanding markets will support human employment. If robots are competently designing, manufacturing, shipping, selling, and servicing robots, there's no need for any human employment.

Yes, but at that point we're in a tech utopia. We are a long way from total replacement.

You will never eliminate humans entirely

> Oxen will make skilled tillers obsolete!
> Wells will make skilled river runners obsolete!
> Agriculture will make skilled foragers obsolete!
> Bows will make skilled slingers obsolete!
> Guns will make skilled bowman obsolete!
> Internal combustion engines will make skilled horse trainers obsolete!
> computers will make skilled abacus sliders obsolete!

Guess what boys. Humanity has been living a post scarcity society for the last 6000 years. The only constant is no matter how much shit people produce, humanity will ALWAYS find a way to consume MOAR. I won't be satisfied until I live in an underground moon cave with bionic arms and a hologram waifu, for example

That will literally never happen unless you give people free money and have a completely controlled society
It most likely will lead to mass riots and the destruction of the robots

Tech utopia or not, that's an unambiguous long-term job loss.

Is there a way to alter society such that industrial social norms of employment and earned value are made compatible with or replaced with the irrelevance of human labor? I don't know, but failing to account for that inevitable irrelevance will create economic distress as people expected to have employment to meet their needs are made unemployable.

What part or parts of humans do you consider necessary for an economy?

Labor force participation is not even close to an all-time low. It's the same at it was in the early 80s despite an older population, easier access to disability, and longer length of schooling

>What part or parts of humans do you consider necessary for an economy?
well, none, soon the jew will control everything, the machine will substitute the human as consumers as well

Luddites don't care about prosperity; they care about social status. Automation is a threat because it makes skills that made them richer than other people worthless, not because it hurts employment or anything like that

Even in tech utopia, there's no guarantee that humans will lack jobs. It's impossible to know, because we're centuries away

The economic fitness of a business is maximized by making as much profit as possible with as little expense as possible. Robots are capable of outperforming a human at almost any (if not any) task, while demanding far less. Thus, the most fit business will be one which replaces its humans with robots, maximizing production while minimizing expense.

Free money and controlled society are solutions(?) for the problem of mass human unemployment, not causes.

>It most likely will lead to mass riots and the destruction of the robots
Aforementioned business would have expense in quelling riots and replacing damaged robots. Thus, the most fit business would be the one which best defends its robot workers, through force or (more likely) through satisfying the humans who aren't employed.

The tools for making wealth have always been social and organizational in nature. A soulless machine can't change that, but effective education can.

Who cares Im a neet

Every country in the world is printing money to pay for out of control government spending and to "stimulate the economy", in the u s of a all that printed money is going straight into the stock market, that's why fucking snapchat is worth billions.
The next crash is gonna make 2008 look like a joke and that's when buttcoin and it's friends are gonna go up.

If robots can outperform humans in any given task, and the best performing businesses are the ones which persist, the probability that a persisting business uses humans when more capable robots are available will trend towards zero over time.

The 2008 crash wasn't actually allowed to happen, it was propped up by more "stimulus", the next one is gonna be the real deal.

At a certain point work and play become synonymous, and money becomes nothing more than a social signifier. Look at patreon

The next one wont be allowed to happen either

And it's exactly the social change they object to. The stocking frame meant low skill workers and capitalists together could produce more efficiently than skilled artisans, which made their human capital worthless. Replacing old capital with new, better capital is what makes capitalism so great, but it hurts the people who own old capital, like skilled artisans, so they object

A few hours of not being able to post loli reaction images and Sup Forums grows up and starts arguing about economics.
I hate this.

Does a wind-powered mill create less wealth than a human-powered mill?
Does a wind-powered mill have a soul?
Does a wind-powered mill have an education?

Is a soul or an education necessary for a thing to create wealth?

No it doesn't. You're describing absolute advantage when comparative advantage is what matters. You have to believe there will be an infinite number of robots and that operating them and buying them will be free

>Aforementioned business would have expense in quelling riots and replacing damaged robots. Thus, the most fit business would be the one which best defends its robot workers, through force or (more likely) through satisfying the humans who aren't employed.
Literally describing early 19th century England. What happened is that the government had the machine-breakers killed. Just a few decades later England was the most prosperous society in history so let's hope it happens that way again!

>Even in tech utopia, there's no guarantee that humans will lack jobs.
There is, just look at the jobs that employ the most people world wide, all of them are prime markets for automation, and really the problem isn't that humans will have no jobs, just that there will be too few jobs for too many people where even the most basic of unskilled labor becomes overly competitive.

>It's impossible to know, because we're centuries away
It's not though, the robot are here right now. Whatever job you're doing someone, right at this moment, is designing and programming a robot to do it better, faster, and cheaper than you.

Unless you can get into an industry where artisan craft is a marketing point in itself, like many luxury car manufacturers, high end firearms, fine dining, and so on.

This funny game can't go on indefinitely.
Governments are gonna keep trying but it's already cutting really close to the hyperinflation point of the game. The market distortions are just too severe and the monetary base expansion has nowhere else to bleed into.
I want it to happen as soon as possible, the expectation is stressful.

Sup Forums - fear mongering

How many decades you been waiting on this one lol

You gotta understand reality enough to gather the money necessary to pay for continual escapism.

It is sufficient to assume that robots will become relatively more productive and relatively less needy than humans. Which is an well-supported assumption.

Or to put it another way, once a robot can perform a task better and for less than a human, businesses which replace humans performing that task with robots will have a market advantage over those which don't. Unless humans are improving their performance at a task more rapidly than robots are, robots will eventually be the economically more desirable worker.

One.

The recession is coming. There is no doubt. But what triggers it and when is the real debate. Trump provoking more nation's? The student loan bubble popping?

I doubt it'll happen this year though.

Ive spend my whole life listening to people like you
Literally nothing has happened and nothing will happen

> Infinite production will cause the market to die!
No. This is what ACTUALLY happens:
> I get up at 10AM for my busy 3 hour work day.
> I go to my fridge.
> I say "caviar" and it spits out two pounds of black gold.
> I munch on half a teaspoon. It's delicious. I leave the rest for the cleaning bots.
> I go to my garage to jump in my ferrari.
> The gas tank reads 20%. Oh dear.
> Activating my turbo wheel chain overdrive I kick half a ton of fresh pavement into the air.
> I arrive at work and park in the nearby lake. It's so much easier to buy a new car anyway.
> The robot greeter says hello and congratulates me on showing up early.
> I laugh and slap it with my pocket EMP that's all the craze with kids nowadays
> It smokes and catches on fire. Automated systems put it out and sweep the wreckage away.

Do you understand it yet little child? There will never, never, NEVER be enough production to satisfy humanity.