Unpopular opinion: Houseki no Kuni was better than Made in Abyss, both in anime and manga...

Unpopular opinion: Houseki no Kuni was better than Made in Abyss, both in anime and manga, and was the best TV production of the year.

>Houseki no Kuni was better than Made in Abyss, both in anime and manga
correct
>and was the best TV production of the year
false

yes, yes, no

Why do people think MiA is excellent? There were at least a dozen better shows last year.

MiA is overrated shit.
HnK is 3dshit.

Strong start and finish will leave an impression on people

MiA lost only because they didnt reach bonedaddys arc.

the hnk manga is good for 3d animation but something about it still just really puts me off, i am a big fan of the manga and watched the anime the whole way through and i think it gives a really different experience and im not sure i'm fond of it

>CGI
>CGI
>CGI
never going to watch that cancer, i hate you cgi fags more than anything in the world
end your existence

The tone of the manga noticeably changes after the point where the anime ends and is a bit more stark because of the lack of colours. I feel like they complement each other pretty well because of the differences in presentation.

No it lost because it kept pushing it's degenerate fetishes at people.
I know someone that didn't pick it up because it was little children getting sexualized, and two people that dropped it when they put furry and pissing sheets in it.
Don't even get started on how degenerate the manga is.

>furry
>little children getting sexualized
Back to tumblr, faggot

i dont agree with you 100% OP but i can say with utter surety that you can really feel the overwhelming amount of effort and passion that orange put into making HnK. they have great respect for the source material

>Thinks that cgshit is anime
OP is a faggot

I sincerely think that Houseki no Kuni is the best anime ever made. I've been watching at least 5 anime every season for the last 10 years, and I've watched all the classics like Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop, and I still think that Houseki is better than them all.

Wrong.
Kemono Friends beats them both.

>i hate you cgi fags more than anything in the world

couldn't agree more, the cgi is a fucking cancer

I actually feel much the same way
Houseki no Kuni is like a much better executed Shinsekai Yori, which in itself is an absolutely exceptional show

Then again most anime is garbage, so that isn't a high bar to raise. For instance, the HnK manga doesn't really size up with a lot of other great manga yet

>Houseki no Kuni is like a much better executed Shinsekai Yori
i cant even attach a reaction face to this

>too retarded to even post an image on the internet
too bad

Here's a true unpopular opinion: Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou was better than both Houseki no Kuni and Made in Abyss, and was the best TV production of the year.

>he doesnt realize that the image servers are actually fucked right now and that all youll get is "upload failed"

thats not an opinion, its just being retarded on purpose.

no one cares fags, YOU are the ones missing out.

>defending furries
back to /mlp/

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryoukou was boring as fuck. Aria, Hidamari Sketch, Natsume Yuujinchou and Haibane Renmei are some of my favorite anime, I'm a sucker for slow paced iyashikei-ish anime, but I still dropped Shoujo Shuumatsu halfway through. It isn't an AOTY contender.

It's definitely better than Shinsekai Yori though, especially when comparing the first 12 episodes of each.

>he knows people who watch anime

how embarrassing

Thanks for the laugh. Not only is that an absolutely retareded comparison to make, its also wrong. SSY probably was more conclusive after 12eps than HnK, with the former actually being schedules to be 2cours. But hey, suck as much dick as you want. Youve confirmed to be mentally disabled by posting that retarded comparison.

I like both and mia doesnt have yuri fags in the threads so everythings great.

It would have been a contender if winter didn't happen.

I agree with you, user-kun. Orange did a really great job

I liked HnK but I really felt like there was going to be a more climactic ending. The last couple of episodes felt like they lost steam or didn't know what to show us.
My persona AOTY was SukaSuka for reference.

MiA felt like a bit of a despair-wank to me, I liked it but I couldn't stop rolling my eyes everytime something bad happened. Girls last tour handled the concept better with its slow "show and don't tell" theme. I agree Hnk was probably the best show last year both in animation and plot, I would have liked a better ending but I understand the manga is ongoing and there might not have been a good stopping point.

It was just an ad for the manga at the end of the day.

This

>SukaSuka
That was good. One of the 3 BDs I bought this past year, the others being MiA and SSR.

Well you are wrong, and I have 17 years of anime and manga experience. Better than evangelion? No. Cowboy Bebop? Debatable. Not saying its bad, but some old anime like Evangelion, and even Devilman, has a lot of staying power.

on what cgshit, i have better things to do than watch garbage

I would actually prefer people like you didn't watch the same shows as me :>)

That's only an unpopular opinion because there's a lot of fags who wound't watch it because of the CGI and will spout shit about Steven Universe, it was fantastic and actually better than MiA, and l fucking love MiA.

NO I FORCED MYSELF TO WATCH THE FIRST 3 EPISODES OF THAT DISGUSTING UGLY SHIT. What a fucking waste of time it was.

wow jeez user, MiA wasn't THAT bad

I have watched anime for years its what i do. One of the biggest reasons to watch an anime over a live action show is because of the artwork. The beautiful 2D CEL Animation. Watching Anime is one of my hobbies, not cgshit. I expect nothing less than what we were shown in the 2013 trailer.

FUCK OFF IM TALKING ABOUT HNK.

MiA looks great.

Wow, what the fuck, how can you just come out and shit on a classic like that?

i have not seen Steven universe but i have seen hnk.

verdict

SU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HNK CG SHIT

hnk is really ugly cgi, not a classic wtf are you talking about

no even mentioned CG but what ever keep arguing niggas

reminder that ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>really ugly cgi
>cgshit
>didn't even look at the story and characters

Just goes to show how people nowadays are talking about everything like they're experts, when they in fact have no clue about the topic. I don't mind if you don't like HnK, that's your opinion but please stop bragging about the quality of the CGI when it is well-animated show.

I agree entirely but Hnk looked great. You're limiting yourself and missing out on legitimately good shows by spouting some "cgshit" meme and I feel sorry for you.

HNK was great but come on now
It's incomplete and has no ending but I definitely feel like it has the potential to surpass Bebop easy but NGE? Maybe, probably not.

you dont seem to realize that CGI animation simply isnt respected by a lot of people. macross frontier is 10 years old and had better combat animation than anything that can be found in HnK, just to give you an example of a show that made better use of CGI before. something being "well animated" is the reason CGI is being used in the first place, which is why its to be expected. what people want, however, is for the CGI to not look like shit. if you cant understand that, then its clearly you who has no clue what hes talking about. its hard to tell people to ignore the aliasing and low quality textures, when those clearly are a thing and are very noticeable to anything with a 24inch+ screen.

That would be good if the people who say they don't like it actually watched the show, well, it makes it easier to just ignore them.

>NGE
It's literally the worst of 3.