>2018
>still no Harry Potter anime with cute Hermione hijinks

Will we ever get a HP anime? The premise lends itself to so many tropes that make modern anime popular, and the Japs love all that boarding school/British shit. Why hasn't this happened yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

kek.gg/i/87CF-p.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

harry potter is garbage, grow up

>the beach episode where Ginny uses the mammarus engorus spell to increase her bust size to impress the durmstrang boys, only to have it backfire, causing her to burst out of her bikini

The closest think we'll get is LWA. I enjoyed that more than anything HP.

Though I would love an non-iseaki anime starring a wizard/witch that's actually pretty talented with magic from the get-go. Maybe that's the /tg/ in me.

Because jk rowling wanted hp to be made only by the british

The later books really don't hold up today.

I want to see the end scene where Hermione turns herself into a catgirl in the bathroom

>stop liking things that I don't like

Luna best girl.

If only boarding school was actually as cool as hogwarts.

Harry Potter isn't milked nearly as much as you'd normally expect. Is there even a cartoon?

No, but we're getting Twilight anime next year! :^)

No, but there are two $200m+ theme parks.

My black man.

is this a spam thread?
kek.gg/i/87CF-p.png

Fair enough

>Why hasn't this happened yet?
It wouldn't make enough money.

Harry Potter land was dope, the problems is all the rides are made for 5-foot Japanese people so I swear my feet touched something in that hanging ride. Japan loves HP I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was an anime made at some point.

why is that guy being intentionally shitty to that mod? not once did he say he wasn't going to do anything but the guys being an ass.

>beach episode set as an "extra task" during the Triwizard Tournament
>Hermione, Ginny, Cho and Luna forced to do a bikini model job at the great lake
>Fred and George use their cunning to get on the judging panel

It's milked to hell and back, just never got an anime. There's theme parks, theatre shows, extra books, and an entire 5-film Hollywood blockbuster spin-off series.

I wouldn't be surprised either, they even have their own theme park when there isn't even one in the UK/Europe.

people just have an innate hatred for the mods

I want an anime set in the HP universe but in a Japanese school of magic.

So a spinoff of LWA?

Think Rowling said a while ago that there is a magic school in Japan, would be a cool setting. Keep all the in-universe lore of HP but with a cast of anime characters to have fun with the format

That's why it's perfect. We can just ignore everything that happened after the first four.

Yeah, though she gave it the stupidest name ever.

No, but we need a proper rip-off already, with actual thought put into the lore. LWA is a bit too goofy for it.

We already got LWA and it was one of the dullest franchise in the history of anime franchises. Each episode following the girl witch and her pals from Luna Nova as they fight assorted magical creatures has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the forced animation, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective storytelling, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Trigger vetoed the idea of Kobayashi directing the series; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for figmas. The LWA series might be the anti-Kill la Kill (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Tweeny Witches series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the OVAs were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the films were terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time Akko found herself in a pinch, the author made her overcome it by "believing in herself."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that solution was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Yoshinari's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving comment of LWA by the same Hayo Miyazaki. He said something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching LWA at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch my Kiki's Delivery Service." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "LWA" you are, in fact, trained to watch Miyazaki.

And it's not a good high school setting any way, because the students don't start living there until they're 12, the students aged 7-11 are literally flown back home every day by giant birds.
That said, that is a cohesive reason to put loli characters in but still.

This is some kind of great pasta, alright.

I never understood why there is so little japanese fanart of HP. There's literally about 30 pics on the internet, and one or two terrible doujinshi.

Pic related, look how awesome this could be.
Oh wait, forgot about image upload problems. You can just look it up anyway, like I said there's only 30 pics out there.

I would say even most of 5 and 6 is salvagable, just switch around some of the shittier aspects. 7 is a garbage fire though, you can gut most of the first half and rewrite it to be more interesting. I wish JK would just get another author to rewrite the books.

Looks like Tohsaka Rin reproduced with Caren Hortensia.

I don't even really want the anime to follow the books, just have Hogwarts as a setting and put all the characters in there for SoL comedy

How about this:
Harry Potter, but isekai

Is it really surprising that a children’s series repeats a motivational but simplistic message? No.

Does that somehow make the series deficient? No.

It’s not a masterpiece, but it’s not a dumpster fire. And I would stand by some of the singular episodes like Sleeping Sucy and The Trial in Pohjola as examples of the staff having some handle on artistry.

Dude, you're replying to a slightly modified pasta.

HP anime with 4 main characters, one from each household, when?

Neville, Luna, Daphne Crabgrass, and Susan Bones.
Harem mode.

>HP harem anime with Neville as MC
Why does this sound so perfect?

What about Quidditch sports anime?

>tfw best girl never wins

J.K. hates Nips pop culture.

Visit Pixiv

This would be pretty cool if done right. Slice of life with a bit of plot added slowly as the cour progresses, and the big finale of each book has a lotta potential to look really good. Dumbledore suddenly going into badass mode when dueling Voldemort, Harry fighting off 100 Dementors, there's a lotta scenes that would look great under a competent Japanese studio

>Why hasn't this happened yet?
Because Harry Potter is garbage

You just gave a reason why Harry Potter would be a great anime.

What about a Persona style Harry Potter game?

My nigga

Rowling is a hack

Who would voice who?

Harry - Jun Fukuyama
Ron - Kaji Yuki
Hermione - Nana Mizuki
Ginny - Aya Hirano
Luna - Miyuki Sawashiro
Neville - Tetsuya Kakihara
Lavander - Kugimiya Rie
Draco - Matsuoka Yoshitsugu
Fred and George - Miyano Mamoru
Percy - Ono Daisuke
Sirius - Tomokazu Sugita
Lupin - Sakurai Takahiro
Tonks - Yoko Hikasa
Voldemort - Kamiya Hiroshi
Bellatrix - Shizuka Itou

Harry Potter is complete shit. Anyway an anime would bring nothing to the table when several massive Hollywood productions already exist.

I'd much rather have a LotR anime.

That's a lot of big names.

I dunno
Animation is an inherently superior medium because it's not bound by anything unlike live action movies
And the reason anime would be good is so they can go off the rails and fix it while also not being bound by a 2 hour runtime

>wanting rehashes instead of original works
Please don't encourage this meme any further, it hasn't done the movie industry any good.

Harry Potter itself is a big name, if you're making an anime about it you're definitely gonna have the budget to hire them

>Luna - Miyuki Sawashiro
Shouldn't she have more of a gentler voice like Mamiko Noto?

No, I want her to have a more aggressive voice
Either Sawashiro or Kana Hanazawa

ore no nigga

Isn't that kind of contradictory to her character though?

Not if she fucking snaps and goes batshit on everyone
Yeah, now that I think about it Kana Hanazawa is probably better, especially remembering how she did Nadeko Sengoku

If we're making anime adaptations of a book series, I want them to make a Codex Alera anime.
>Roman wizards
>Albino elf waifus
>Climatic battle flying on top of an exploding volcano

Luna is better in anime

>Harry is separated from Ginny
>12 episode arc focused on Luna
>Luna finally confesses to Harry
>"Sorry I love Ginny"
>Harry gets obliviated and forgets about Luna

Mitsubishi go away

>female draco
>tsundere