Is scanlating saved now that it finally died?

Is scanlating saved now that it finally died?
Are your favourite titles affected in any way?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/loadletter/mangaupdates-urlfix
doki.co/2018/01/17/introducing-mangadex/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm a normie scanlator and I have no idea to where to upload our releases

>normie
I guess you're right but I'll call you stupid anyway.

mangadex is in the lead right now.

It's time for scanlators to start using blogs again

Set up a wordpress account and post a few of your releases on dedicated Sup Forums threads. People will find you that way.
Also, add to BakaUpdates, even if you can't list your wordpress link there, people would be able to find you through Google just by your name.
Also and meguca.

meguca is on indefinite hiatus until a new batoto emerges.

Could have sworn bakaupdates had a site link before.

I remember they did, too. But knowing who the scanlator is and finding them through Google is better than having to Google the manga (with its various English/Japanese titles) to find whether someone is scanlating it.

Ask admins on IRC for upload rights. Registration is closed, I think, but uploading should at least be possible.

Not since yesterday. Full quarantine is in effect.

Oh, I haven't been in IRC in a couple of days. I should get back in there.

Is it to limit unverified uploads and bots?

1. Create site/blog for free.
2. Add your group name on MangaUpdates.
After that:
3. Upload your release on any free file dump, like mega, mediafire, etc.
4. Make post about new release on your site/blog.
5. Add updates on MU.
Whew, so hard.

github.com/loadletter/mangaupdates-urlfix
They were scared by copyright trolling and cut their own penis in the fear of being cucked. Thankfully scanlation full of people with random skills and links were fixed with external script pretty quickly.

Forgot.
>2.5 - add link to your site/blog in mangaupdates-urlfix
Obviously you need to install it in your browser first for it to work.

JS isn't a random skill. It's basic webdev shit. Everyone needs to know a little.

I do literally none of that, kek

>It's blocked from my country
LMAOOOOO

Any other alternatives? And I don't not really understand why we should get into much effort to access meguca. What's so special about that site?

>scanlators can't use google
protip: it's the second result

>mangadex keeping third-worlder ESLs out
Based, uploading there right now

>blocked in my country
>just needs to add certificate to exceptions
Also
>much effort to access meguca
>literally takes three minutes
Guess you aren't evolved enough.

>Everyone needs to know a little.
Everyone should know how to use basic OS functions, yet they don't.

And then you will run around in panic when another batoto disappears and you will lose all your shit.

>can't even bypass internet positif
As one of Telkom dev, I can say please kill yourself.

>As one of ___
Trust me when I say that nobody cares.

Dude he's talking to is retarded, though.

pal if I can't bypass your retarded goverment dogshit I won't be able to access Sup Forums. I was deadactivating my VPN there since using unblockhostid is much more convinient.

uzone.id is my government blocker

And also madokami is closing new registrants due to their god-cares sekrit club reasoning

Seriously this thread just shows how retarded scanlator elitism is. Do they even get how many normie scanlators out there who need simple site like batoto where one upload is enough to get your releases enjoyed by as many people as possible?

>madokami is closing new registrants
Nice I'm finally part of the sekreto clubu

I think it's more that Kami is held together with string and duct tape and they want to avoid crashing every 2 minutes.

>Do they even get how many normie scanlators out there who need simple site like batoto where one upload is enough to get your releases enjoyed by as many people as possible?
People who can't be bothered to spend 5-10 minutes to create free blog and upload archive on file dump shouldn't do it in the first place. All you get from them is google-tier translation and shitscans.

> Introducing... MangaDex!
doki.co/2018/01/17/introducing-mangadex/

>god-cares sekrit club reasoning
Try hosting a server in your basement and see how well it goes when a bunch of mouthbreathers flood to it because their favourite aggregate website wimps out.

>Introducing... Nyaa.se!
>Introducing... Bato.to!

>MangaDex
>the shitty manga I was reading isn't there
I knew I should have downloaded it before it was to late

Is there a way to show thumbnails for mangadex?

they just started

probably mirrored on one of the 1000 hosts that leeched off batoto content

Get it from madokami

>normie scanlator

My three main concerns are, Saike, Saiki and Yugami-kun.
The Saike scanlators already confirmed that they will be continueing, but the Saiki and Yugami-kun scanlators haven't mentioned anything yet.

Who cares? Just learn moon.

If they only communicated through Batoto's forums, consider them lost.

>mangaloader doen't work on mangadex yet
kill me

Why? I can still see kissmango.

This. I need manga loader on mangadex.

You mean Psyche Matashitemo? The scanlator for Bokutachi Ga Yarimashita uploaded on Batoto but somehow Mangarock is still getting new releases after the site closed down, how come?

JS sounds basic sure, but it has so many intricacies and pitfalls it takes skill to be actually good at it, because it's an illogical piece of garbage, so only code artisans or pythonistas with no knowledge of CS can really know it well.

Is this a scanlation thread?

Anyone interested in proofreading new chapters for Ichiba Kurogane wa Kasegitai? Our current proofreaders are away right now. All the work for future chapters are done and we just need someone to fix the English. You don't really have to strictly stick with the literal translation, just make them flow.

I'd be happy to help, user. But the soonest I can do is the weekend.

someone actually willing to pay this much for batoto's name

Why didn't he just bid 2501? Why 50?

>god-cares sekrit club reasoning
batoto is dead because the owner is tired of how popular the site is with bots

minimum, next bid has to be 2,650 USD or more

I also got my own concerns. No clue what the one doing jahy-sama will do. Last thing I know is that the translator decided to go on hiatus due to batoto closing.

They usually set up a minimum bid (usually 50) to prevent that from happening.

Usually you can’t, it must be 2500, 2550, 2600, 2650 and so on