Finally

Finally

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EgoglbhO7IE
youtube.com/watch?v=EoabKwuf0RY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there something to "get" in that anime or it's only references and random stuff? Is that only the simplistic nature of japanese humor or is the humor actually clever and subtle and I'm not getting it because im dumb?

poodiepoo just recommend this anime to his audience that doesn't even know what the fuck is nip culture or anime. Why the fuck this faggot even doing that

are you required to know specific nip culture to be able to laugh at the jokes or can it be funny if you're well cultured enough in general?

Almost every skit is just a reference to pop culture combined with absurdist humor. If you don't like either of those things, you probably won't like it.

They've also been trying to do some meta-commentary on the anime industry and self-referential commentary on the show/comic and its fanbase. So far, that stuff doesn't seem to be working as well as the purer gags.

It's Robot Chicken, but for anime. Don't go looking for deep stuff.

>pte
>cultured
You're in for a treat

Ah Lesser panda Kawaii

It's trying to intimidate me Kawaii

SHHHHEEEEEE SHHHHEEEEEEEE

>robot chicken
you wish
this is the fucking potter puppet pals of anime

SHHHEEEEEEEE

Eh?

for example, that skit with the small blond one punching the taller one and going "hey hey"... is that what it is? I mean, is that the joke? Someone is being deliberately annoying and that is supposed to be the funny part, and that is supposed to work in a 10 seconds skit without context or anything?

SHHHHEEEEEE

It's bigger than I thought

First episode is nearly all references, episode 2 and 3 don't have nearly as many references and more actual jokes.

what the fuck are you talking about? Why the fuck are you bringing up e-celeb shit here?

Ignore our Sup Forums-friends, it is a byproduct of this shows' popularity

The punchline is Popuko faking Pipimi out and Pipimi still going "I'm no-". How the fuck can you not recognize a basic punchline?

yes, that's all there is
the fans will pretend they watch it for the "sophisticated referential humor" (that they didn't get before someone wrote up a lengthy analysis for them) but then they will just repost the same 3 brainless skits like that one or the cuckoo clock or the bobnemimi garbage
which shows their enjoyment is as shallow as a 12 year old's

only that in the original manga, the "punchline" isn't there, so they added it in the anime, but fair enough, now how about that one where Pipimi is trying to take a pic of the food, but Popuko keeps trying to ruin it. How is that supposed to work as a "funny" skit?

I want to fuck pipimi

EH?

you're actually losing the anti-humor aspect by acknowledging the fake-out as a proper punchline

behold, the purest form of anime appreciation

(not him)
lol, I giggled at your comment
you are a humor connoisseur

Worst girl. _________

wow, you should write 4komas

>joke about getting angry
>get angry about it
And my reply should be "are you mad?", do you understand bkub is playing you like a fiddle?

I wasn't being sarcastic.
Wait a sec, who are you? Tag your post so I can properly judge you.

>bkub
I never even mentioned the author or his humor

Nade nade

AAHHHHHHHHHH

LMAO

The punchline is that she's punching
Pottery, truly pottery

These are the best parts of the show desu

l-lewd

The joke is that Popuko really fucking hates instagram and trend stuff, and also just the increasingly stranger noises she makes in order to establish so.

it's definitely not a very good joke, then

What a bunch of lovely girls! I wonder what they look like from the front...

I mean, whaddya want. It's got a setup and a punchline. You didn't enjoy it? Okay. That's fine. Don't see what exactly is the issue here.

Explaining the joke ruins it.

I want to teach you comedy by pushing you down a manhole to your death.

good jokes don't need to be explained

The thing is that that's only true for the target audience. If the target audience gets the joke, great. If they don't, then that sucks and the joke messed up.

Clearly the target audience got the joke, though.

did you really laugh at something as that? did you really found it funny?

First time around, eh. It got a mild smirk. Second time around, I laughed. Yes.

I literally clapped.

It's not something that makes me laugh out loud but yes, I found it funny.

I loved how the VAs improvised different sounds

Basically it's Dolan and Gooby - japanese humour version, with girls
Differences are:
-Dolan (Popuko) is the stupid one in this version
-Mostly based on anime tropes

That's it
Have fun

Episode 2 was amazing with how differently the VAs approached scenes. The donkey impressions being a highlight. Ep 3 was kind of a let down in that regard as a result, but still pretty good.

I laughed and high fived my bro I was watching it with then we jerked each other off while high fiving

kill yourself retard

but you are normalfag who ruin my secret hobby

found the bf-less virgin

At least Freiza's VA delivering the "Your life ends in 30 minutes" the exact same way as FIVE MINUTES was pretty hysterical.

fuck off and die, you talk about me being virgin in Sup Forums? WHAT COMES. Since when Sup Forums became soft and normalfag?

and always remember to love yourself before loving someone else
otherwise you are gonna remain with no qt bf user

FUCK OFFFFF

I JUST GOT THAT'S WHY THEY USED FREEZER'S SEIYUU

wrong replies

It was my favorite bit in that ep 2bsure

I'm beginning to suspect that the Japanese can't grasp quite well what humor is.

Spotted the tasteless casual, though I do not all that blame you.

In the matter of truthfulness, one needs a sharper look at a series' motifs to truly appreciate Poptepipic, and cursory knowledge of its subject material proves detrimental to its enjoyment. Moreover, there's Popuko's unrelenting set of ideals that is aptly woven int her personality - her stature and demeanor mirrors heavily from Jun'ya Ota's body of work. The Poptepipic otaku grasp as much; they have the demanded accumulated knowledge to realize how far these gags carry and realize they are beyond amusing - they celebrate the culture in ways Newtype could barely dream of in its existence. In itself, that means the show's plentiful detractors lack the nuance to truly appreciate what's beyond the surface - naturally, they can't fathom the referential humour in the catchphrase "Okotta?" and the myriad otaku works it parodies and deconstructs through all of its runtime. There is some vacancy to be felt inside as you realize pretty much all of the detractors fail to appraise the adequate level of craft bkub has imbued his trademark franchise. Orokanamonomega...

Incidentally, I do happen to be in possession of a Pipimi dakimakura. And no, it is not for your eyes to see. I reserve the right to display that to my choosen otome should she decide to come over visit. Shouganaine~!

My cute wife Fuuka and her girlfriend Rinne

I now declare you man and wife

>Aoi barking
>Piccolo doing a Kenshiro
Yes. I laughed.

ガンバの冒険って海外ではあんまり知名度無いのかな?

Nope

oh god. Poputepipikku is the Rick & Morty of the weebs.

We're three episodes in. Is it better than CptNameless?

youtube.com/watch?v=EgoglbhO7IE

Thanks to Wakamoto, anime is better now.

Ah so this is where the reference is from

You can tell this was written by some high school dropout or ESL who has never used half these words in a sentence before.

el peruANO

Do we like this?

What the fuck are you doing watching him in the first place?

I wish ryusei nakao voiced her in every episode, he's perfect for her

Oh God no
Oh God yes
Oh God no
Oh God yes

youtube.com/watch?v=EoabKwuf0RY

meh

Shut the fuck up, retard.

You retard.

The female one sucks
The male one can only be saved on the delivery of lines.

i will not watch this, but i bet that when popuko is leaving her house and bumps into pipimi she probably said "dang it I am running late!"

there's a spic fandub that said "SHIIIT I AM FUCKING LATE"
so i am gonna preemptively say, BURG DUBS BTFO SPICDUBS ALWAYS WIN

So is this japanese family guy.

Nah. It's s hit

You are mistaking Trigger's productions

Funi pretty much cast it straight up though. They have the girly-est male VA available in Justin Briner aka dub Deku for Popuko in that "female" part.

Testing to see if post image.

Beef or Chicken (male) was the only joke that made me smile. Everything else was shit.

What is the szechuan sauce drama of pikku? Worse are only the star wars merchfags, prove me wrong.

i liked the one where she goes "you hurt my feelings!"

I-i can't!!

I feel this shit, the leopard fucking print, I hated it growing and hate the fact it recently returned from poor and proud tacky to globally encouraged.