Houseki no Kuni

Is she even Phos at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_PnZARTutE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_(chemistry)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who is Phos?

You know what Phos sounds like? Foes. Foes, as in the plural of foe, meaning enemy or opponent. Ichikawa is much too intelligent to name the gems haphazardly, so this must be part of some larger, insidious plan by her.
Considering the following: Sensei said that even "an army" of Phos couldn't beat a single Lunarian. But can an army of Phos, foes (THERE IT IS AGAIN), defeat Sensei?
Who is only other gem in every single manga volume cover? Shinsha, placed on the inside front cover of the dust jacket, the opposite of where Phos is placed. What Cinnabar's special ability? Spraying liquid mercury at his opponents. Mercury is known to destroy Gold, which is what Phos' arms are currently made of. Shinsha's plot arc seems to be saved as a "final boss" for Phos, but what if it is the other away around? Shinsha is actually the protagonist who has to fight a final battle against Phos, his final foe.

tl;dr Even in my gembutts, F O E!

>*5,413 **5,413 Houseki no Kuni Vol.2
>*,930 ***,930 Houseki no Kuni Vol.2

Are these sales good or bad?

I think they're good.

>Cost you to keep me quiet
youtube.com/watch?v=J_PnZARTutE

Mercury doesn't destroy gold

Mercury fucking up gold

My wife LaPhos is a cutie!

user...
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_(chemistry)

>inb4 wikipedia

Rude!

Well, fine, dissolved, is that better?

How do you like your gems? Male or female?

yes

Yes.

Sphene!

Anons, I need your best Phos images and reactions for reasons.

Righto.

How many do you need?

Did you know?
Sphene is might be modeled off Nina Einstein. Do you not believe me? Both have long, braided hair. Both are "famed for having a scary face." Both love their wooden tables.
Really makes you think....

No, it's not even dissolving. In fact, you can recover both the gold, and the mercury from this process if you truly wanted.

If anything, this means that Phos and Shinsha could quite literally bond, on an intimate, physical level... if they really wanted.

L..lewd.

Maybe Cinnamon will keep Phos eternally in an amalgam cocoon and we get a Turn A ending

>Amethyst
>Doesn't do shit

As expected of the easygoing and laid back ones.

It's another shrine, isn't it?

It's a lewd you want to see, don't lie.

Not after the headswap. This gem is essentially two people mixed together.

A little bit.

>mobile link
Well, we just have to know if Mercury kills inclusions or not.
Whose inclusions would take over in a mercury-gold amalgam?
We have a thread on /c/ for this, please just image dump there, don't waste posts, guys

I hope that's enough, if not just ask for more.

This guy is right, I will post the others in the /c/ thread if you ask for more.

Just... delete the m. and you get the normal desktop page.

Well that's what we don't know, and generally the methods of removing the mercury from- anything, not just gold, requires either a lot of heat, or some powerful acids.

My wife LaPhos is cute

I-is that how gem babies are made senpai?

2 days until next chapter, what do you expect

Ahem, it's my wife bucko.

The Gemocide begins.

>being a mobileshitter
So basically the gold is fucked. There doesn't seem to be any good heat sources around. You could maybe get some acid from the Admirabilis, but you'll give it mercury poisoning.
SUFFERING

Suffering or not, it's going to be interesting non the less.

Sensei yelling gems to pieces for wanting to invent and implement anti-moon war tactics. Just anything but Rutile being literally and figuratively broken pls ;_;

I mean a heat source would be as simple as making even just a stone furnace, with a vertical chute that would collect the evaporated mercury and then cool and condense it again.
So all you need is rocks. And mud. And wood.

But the bigger question is: what happens when you heat "living" gems to 450°? Not good things.

This paired with the established lore that gems, once tainted by Shinsha's mercury, lose those memories or inclusions in the affected areas, forever. So we COULD actually end up with an ending of an entirely memory wiped Phos~

>what happens when you heat "living" gems to 450°?
Is that the part where we see that the gems are not actually living beings at all and are just nanomachines that have gotten the impression that they're a single entity?

Hmm... well, that might implicate something maybe more sinister about the gem factories on the Moon.

That's the most succinct definition of a human I've ever seen.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Phos,
is in fact, Lapis/Phos, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Lapis plus Phos.
Phos is not a gembutt unto itself, but rather merely the torso of a unique composite being made complete by legs from the Admirabilis, arms from the Beach of Beginnings, the head of Lapis Lazuli, and an eye from the Moon People, comprising a full gembutt as taught to us by Kongou-sensei.

I was waiting for someone to make this.

I expected leaks.

>are just nanomachines that have gotten the impression that they're a single entity?
Like cells?

Ok anons, which gem would you recharge?

>JO crystal

Oh boy

Yellow Diamond, because I just want her misery to end.

Well, the solar-powered nanomachines managed to survive the intense pressure and temperature deep inside the Earth, so they should be able to survive the furnace, right?

Benito, with her love for games, can only lead to one conclusion. The evidence is there.

The fuck is with Sup Forums now.

That would seem likely, this is just questioning to what the extent the gembutts are actually "living"

>"You don't have to die today."
>"No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 3600 years. Today is the day I live."

Deepest lore, this is the real reason why the moonies want the gems.

I personally think that the pieces which kongo threw into the ocean aren't a first and that the inclusions are really parts of himself. Really kinda sad and lonely if that was the case.

Don't bully the plain gem

We're getting closer to the truth

>that the inclusions are really parts of himself. Really kinda sad and lonely if that was the case.
Actually that sounds pretty much like something the author would do

Behold, the ultimate NEET.

Doesn't that mean the moon is now covered with a layer of Sensei's nanomachines?

See

That would give a good reason for Sensei to not pray, presumably he's not meant to stick around forever and would shut down after he finished his required task, then he would end up taking all the gembutts with him

I like Laphos better than genki Phos

I wonder if Yoko Taro knows about HnK.
Reading the manga right now and it gives me a huge Automata deja-vu.

>mfw i realize "houseki no kuni" has the word "kino "in it

the universe is beautiful sometimes

>Sensei is slowly smuggling himself to the moon over the course of millions of years, one microscopic fragment at a time
I can't wait to see Achamea's face.

Seems like quite a few people get that impression, but they're not that similar aside from a few thematic elements and a sort of similar setting in a post human earth

Isnt the story basically going the way that Phos is becoming a Human by absorbing shit that will complete the flesh, the bone and the soul - and that is why she is turning shittier every fucking day because humans are like that.

Did someone say F.O.E.

It's got a lot of thematic similarities to both Nier games in the gems and moonies. I would've agreed with you that they're not all that similar until I read the manga though, it's definitely teetering into Yoko Taro territory.

HnK predates both Nier games, though, so it's technically the other way around.

Phos is much more 9S than 2B, that's my main source of deja-vu, they share a fuckton of similarities.

Benito makes the trains run on thyme.

Laphos is always best choice

How can you not? She's the smartest, the prettiest, the strongest AND the most thoughtful gem of them all.

Well, Phos hasn't gone quite off the deep end in that direction just yet

Speaking of games.

No leaks... My suffering increases

LaPhos is so cute though, in that she thinks she's being smart but she's actually really naive kind of way.

That's also true of the lunarians, in a sense. They think their actions will lead them to Nirvana, but it's exactly the opposite.

LaPhos joins the lunarians on the next expedition

She already did user