Animated Feature:

Animated Feature:

“The Boss Baby”
“The Breadwinner”
“Coco”
“Ferdinand”
“Loving Vincent”

Well that was the last time Yamada could have redeemed herself. Now that's said, general consensus is this movie was shit. Anyone says otherwise can refer to this.

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying eastern films will ever make it into a western primetime popularity contest
what on earth were you expecting?

To be fair, Loving Vincent was a tour de force, even though rotoscoping was used extensively. Coco was more of the same thing animation wise. Boss baby was technically good looking, but trash everywhere else. idk about the rest.

koe no katachi is better than your name, but your name is more technically impressive.

You're still posting this? That's sad.

Seriously, do the oscars have something against Japan? Fuckin' Boss Baby over any anime film? I think we should start something like #OscarsSoWhite for animated films. This western favoritism is just ridiculous.

>giving a shit about some shitty normalfag award show
ishygddt

Sup Forums is for twitter spamming, not Sup Forums.

>Heh, your fault for being bullied
Problem with why the west hated Koe no Katachi is because it basically about victim blaming. Which is a common thing to do in Japan, but it is for sure nothing the west tolerate. I tend to agree with the west on this issue
They have a thing against chinks, gooks and nips. Anything with black and beaners are welcomed.

I agree with the sentiment, but there's nothing more cringey than a fucking hashtag campaign, especially one like the one you mentioned. The academy doesn't even consider most of the great indie films released, besides 1 or 2 token nominations that never win.

Only stupid americans give a fuck about the Oscars.

hoping for the second most stigmatized form of entertainment to be watched by moronic industry people is a waste of your time
why would you take any of these shitty awards seriously in the first place

>Problem with why the west hated Koe no Katachi is because it basically about victim blaming. Which is a common thing to do in Japan, but it is for sure nothing the west tolerate. I tend to agree with the west on this issue

No it wasn't. The fuck are you saying?

>implying anything but a Disney/Pixar film could have one
Nice shitpost, my dude. Someone post that article about how Academy members don't even watch the animated movies and just vote for whatever Disney/Pixar movie is there.

Well if you didn´t watch it with normalfags, then I guess you wouldn´t know.

>Normalfags =/= SJW

Once again. The fuck are you saying?

>Normalfags =/= SJW
Oh boy, I guess you haven´t been out for a while. Try going to a uni lecture and get a dose on what normal is.

A silent voice is based on a manga that deals with bullying. One of the main message was that the FemMC held back her anger against her bullies, which made things worse. If only she could lash out like she did at the end of the first act. A lot of friendships were ruined because she was a passive little cunt. I guess that message didnt go well with people that got bullied. Is not a very deep manga dude.

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html

Again. Not every fucking "Normalfags" are SJWs.

They're vocal but they don't represent everyone.

Why do you care? Seriously. I'd rather not make anime popular in the west, they'd ruin it like they did with their own entertainment.

But it also shows that you can't basically pin that on them. When Shouya saved Shouko and Shouya fell into a coma, that was when she felt the guilt of giving up.

It does show you the problem of not speaking out your mind but in no way was it saying that was the biggest fault of Shouko. Either you fucking missed the point or you're really tumblrfagging with your SJW mindset.

>Trusting the opinions of old Jewish rapists

The academy voters don't even watch the animation category. They just ask their grandkids what's good.

>Most=/= all
Get your common sense checked

Yeah, we know that.

Oh snappy. You go scholar.

>the west hated Koe no Katachi is because it basically about victim blaming
What? It wasn't victim blaming, it was literally about a guy coming to terms with his negativity and self-absorption and a girl trying to forgive herself for thinking her life causes others grief. It didn't victim blame whatsoever.

No use. Can't argue with stupid.

This. I don't know why people care about this garbage.

>implying Americans even care anymore
Their viewership has been dropping every year

>tfw Boss Baby is better than Your Name, A Silent Voice and In This Corner of the World

>According to murricunts
I'm not surprised.