Neverlandfags will defend this

That was a great scene. The "Emma catched the match!!" was the cancer destroying it.

that moment really ruined the series for me

ray really should have died , you could have easily given emma all if rays later moments

>implying literally all other series don't have at least one similar moment.

>still being this much of a tryhard in 2018

Still as disgusting as ever, I see.

I didn’t think it was bad
It felt more like a “holy shit relax man I have a better plan that doesn’t involve lighting yourself on fire”

>catched

Actually thinking about it more the match catch was just for drama but that scene was great
He followed his edgelord loner beliefs and this is how far it got him and after this he is shown how wrong he was the whole time

The only part in Neverland I dislike is the one with the living trees and Emma being constantly worried about her siblings. The rest is perfectly ok with me

Someone has the devilman edit of thos scene?

c'mon, the problem was not emma have taken the match, the problem is that the author faked a death just for the sake of a cliffhanger.

and he is doing the same with norman. even put an "x" on his face to suggest that he's actually dead, until... "oh, shit, he's alive!".

I still read the story because the background is interesting, but in terms of characterization and stakes, it's terrible because the author thinks he's the smartest guy in the world.

But he didn't fake a death, he just fast-forwarded (can it be conjugated? ESL here) that scene to the moment Emma already put in motion their plan

the scene was quite dramatic. he pretended that something extremely bad had happened and then, in the next chapter, he invented that something had happened offscreen just moments before. that is the worst kind of cheap writing.
>I want the reader to stay excited, so I'm going to cut the scene here and then make up an excuse later

now, whenever some shit happens I immediately think "nah, that will be reversed".

now, we dont defend it. it was shirai and posuka trolling us with something that didn´´t happen. wasn´t healthy for the plot, yet you got to admit it was fun for our weekly expectaations.

>Emma being constantly worried about her siblings
I mean. They are her family, nothing wrong with that. It would be dumb if she was willing to just let them rot. If anything she feels more human than most of the cast.

to be fair, Norman never got a scene that even implied he was dying on the spot. I think that's why people are angrier at Ray's fake out in comparison.

Yes, but she was annoying to me. They did the "OH MY GOD THEY'RE SAFE I'M SO HAPPY I'M CRYING" two times in, like, 5 chapters.

i really hate the pacing of this series
>emma enters goldy pond
>demons hunt her down
>somehow escapes
>and meats lucas
>they look for minervas door
>meanwhile the demons do absolutely nothing

again, he put an "x" on his face, which means he wants us to think the boy died.
it is no coincidence that she is the most beloved character in the series, she is the only one who does something other than keikakuing.

Personally, I think that's less on Emma and more on the situation itself for putting them in danger every five chapters. She wouldn't freak out if someone other than her or Ray was even slightly competent, kek. Maybe Shirai should quit that considering he's not actually planning on killing them off.

oh, okay, this I can understand. the author rarely allows the characters to express emotions, so when he does, he sometimes exaggerates.

this reminds me that nrman died and no one gave a fuck for several chapters

Not putting an X would basically spoil the situation though and he is "supposed" to be dead afterall. In Emma's mins, at least, and she is the MC. But come on, no way Shirai doesn't know literally no one believes that death.
Agreed on Emma, she's a breath of fresh air.

Emma is still the only one who gives a fuck, no one else brings him up ever. When Ray does it's to say shit like
>hmmm Norman couldn't open the pen
Not even a hint of sadness. Nigga.

Emma's probably my favorite too. Which is odd considering I didn't care much for her in the first chapters.

>Emma is still the only one who gives a fuck, no one else brings him up ever. When Ray does it's to say shit like
>>hmmm Norman couldn't open the pen
This. Kek.

The demons have a schedule. They only hunt every few days or so. They can't exhaust their supply.

>Posuka has a Shirai plush
CUTE.
She's getting interviewed on the 31st.

Considering the tone of the series up until that point I legit thought Ray had killed himself. Made it more believable for me versus others because of Rays intense 'gotta save them/her' attitude, made me think the crazy bastard would actually off himself if it made escaping for Emma easier.

>covering her face like we haven't already seen it

OTP.
But when are we gonna fucking see Shirai?

Never. It says he will see off camera.

Yeah, it's probably more on the situation but I didn't like very much that part of the story. Emma pulling out the book while they were cornered by the maneating trees was a bit forced. I agree that at least Emma cares, though.

I like Ray here. When Emma was talking about Norman, Ray froze. I can relate with him.

Be not see. Fug.

I know Ray cares, it's just that he brings him up so easily sometimes. Whenever Emma does you can actually tell it still hurts her.
Maybe it's the stress of the situation, I guess?

>I legit thought Ray had killed himself.
user, only a fool would have thought that one of the main characters would die in a shonen from Jump. At best you could have hoped for him to get badly burnt.

Posuka is cute. CUTE!

Holy turbo speedreader

>I like Ray here. When Emma was talking about Norman, Ray froze. I can relate with him.
a few tiny panels after 300 chapters

I WANT OTP MASCOT PLUSHIES TOO
LIFE IS NOT FAIR

Is there any art of their

NOW KISU

I like how Posuka has 63194 on her helmet. Isn't that Emma's number?

There's even a detailed drawing of Emma on the side if you look closely

>self inserting as Emma
IT'S MILKING TIME

Oh shit, I didn't even notice her in the back. That's pretty cool.

i see. that's why emma is a mary sue

They are unironically cute as fuck.

Is it just a thing for mangaka to hide their faces or something? I mean we've seen Posika's face already

She should have punched him. The match catch takes it over the line.

Maybe she doesn't know that random video is still floating around.

>Emma punches Ray
>Ray stumbles backwards onto the oil soked floor
>the match falls out of his hand and onto the oil
>both Emma and Ray burn to death
>Demon God is pissed off that his Tifari feast was cooked well done
Yeah i'm sure that would've been the best way to go

you're right, plausibility and this manga does not work together.

not everyone is overemotional like you or emma

Pointless cliffhangers aren't good, but they aren't that bad either. Reading serially, it's a small annoyance that you forget about fairly quickly, and reading archivally you barely even notice in the first place. I had totally forgotten that scene before seeing this post.

why are you assuming I want a sea of tears? I'm just wanting development, a real reaction to a major loss. but instead the author simply ignored it, and three pics on one page are not enough to compensate it.
>it's a small annoyance that you forget about fairly quickly, and reading archivally you barely even notice in the first place.
a crucial plot point was reversed just because. I'm glad you can easily forget, but, for me, every time something bad happens I automatically think it will not cause any damage, it will be reversed immediately after. and, well, that's what's happening since then.

The major reaction was Ray finally saying fuck it and planning his own suicide only to be called on his shit and told that he is worth more if he keeps going. Ray's character arc, deciding that he'd rather live with his family than die pitifully, literally hinges on Norman's "legacy".

This is spelled to you in chapter 36.

I couldn't find better words even if I tried, good job

God damn it, we are never gonna see Shirai, are we? Posuka a qt though.

I agree with you but isn't Norman's eventual return going to cheapen Ray's development then? Since it's what caused him to become the way he is now.

I want to cum all over Posuka's tights.

Depends on how it's done, I guess? There are other factors that lead to the Ray we have now, and although the circumstances might turn out to be different from what the character's perceived, the core message still rings true. Norman's death might be a lie, but his words were not.

If you think about it Norman was responsible for a lot of things. Like the entire cast we have now is thanks to him because if he'd agreed with Ray they might've ended up not taking all the kids along or even decided to go back for the others. I suppose it all goes back to him liking Emma though but still.
It's kind of impressive the impact he had. And still has even while MIA, if you think about it. Emma's promise to him to get their siblings safe is one of her main driving forces. Because he was so important for Emma and Ray's characters, I hope his return doesn't get fucked up.

so just because this happened 50 chapters ago, does it mean that it's no longer necessary for the character to show any more emotion? a friend died, the chance of others dying is great, but whatever?

that's why it's so hard to care about the kids in this manga. they are like robots. I need to wait every 30 chapters so that they look like real characters in one or two pages.

First of all, you complained that there was no major development to the loss which is a blatant lie because that development already happened just after Norman's death. Second, expecting the introvert kid who sucked up all his emotions for almost 10 years to suddenly show them the same way Emma does is an exercise in futility. His silence at Norman's name is his reaction the same way Emma's bittersweet remembrance is hers. Also, Norman "died" 4 months ago; they already passed the wallowing and self-pity stage and instead decided they'd rather respect his sacrifice by protecting what he left for them. That's how they show the effect Norman had on them. Pic related.

If you want to complain that Shirai should allow the character more breathing space instead of hurrying to the next plot point, fair enough. I agree with you in that. Dismissing what the text pretty much tells you, though? No.

I know Shirai can draw but I wonder how his art compares to Posuka's. Is he as good?

Someone posted one of the pages of chapter 1 drawn by him in an older thread, it was a more generic style, but still nice

He draws Emma without an ahoge

What the fuck. Now this is disgusting.

This one?

I fucking wish there were no male characters in this or at least emma was the only main character

>no ahoge
>hair isn't even that spiky
My autism can't take it.

I think Emma is the best of the main three but I don't think her vagina has anything to do with this.

>First of all, you complained that there was no major development to the loss which is a blatant lie because that development already happened just after Norman's death.
when I said "development", I mean something gradual and not just punctual. after all, we're talking about characters, not just plot devices.
>Second, expecting the introvert kid who sucked up all his emotions for almost 10 years to suddenly show them the same way Emma does is an exercise in futility.
again, I'm not expecting a sea of tears. there are several ways of expressing emotions. silence is a great way, but only few little panels after several chapters don't contribute that much in terms of characterization, unless we're talking about plot devices, not characters.
>Also, Norman "died" 4 months ago; they already passed the wallowing and self-pity stage and instead decided they'd rather respect his sacrifice by protecting what he left for them.
the author should have worked more that part, but preferred a timeskip. they are living a frightening and new situation, overcoming a death easily like that is far from good development. unless we're talking about plot devices, not characters.

Godspeed user