Log Horizon

I've been told that this is "like SAO except good". When does the "good" start? I'm 3 episodes in.

>mfw I watched both season's
It doesn't get good ever

IRL friend praised the shit out of it so i gave the first season a shot and thought it was incredibly mediocre/underwhelming

It had a lot of potential early on, but it just got worse and worse as time went on. Plot went nowhere, and likeable characters got shafted for newly introduced scrub horizon.

watched 6 episodes, was boring as hell, but not as stupid as SAO.

If you're finding it mediocre now you'd be wise to drop it and watch something else

I liked it. It had pretty good worldbuilding.

I liked the raid part, but the rest was mediocre

This shit was boring and cliche af, say what you want about Sao, but at least the fights were cool and there was actual danger

Things took off for me when Shirou bought the guild hall. I don't remember what episode that was though.

I watched it solely for the ninja girl. Fuck you she's best girl and I want to headpat her and call her the cutest.

If you don't enjoy it, stop watching it.
You aren't fooling anyone with "when does it get good?". You meant to say "I think it sucks."

The beginning was the best part, when they are still coming to grips with the mechanics and organizing a society to stop players from abusing others. If you don't like that you can drop it now. I got to the second season and simply stopped watching at some point, I was completely unengaged by the story. Even the ninja girl was a big disappointment. She never does anything and is just there for eyecandy during the openings and endings.

If you only want action drop it now

>she never does anything
>has a whole arc dedicated to her in season 2

Watch 5 episodes. I think by the 5th ep is when they start learning the economics and trades of the mechanics of the game, etc.

If you don't like it then, watch Re:Zero or KonoSuba instead.

The only good scene is when Akatsuki learns her super ninja technique
I can't find it on youtube though

the only thing good about it is the opening
DATABASE
DATABASE
mmo never

just go watch sao you fucking casual

Didn't you already made this thread like a month ago?
Even if you didn't fuck off

If you didn't like it by the second episode, you will never like it, don't bother.

The opening is the worst. And it never changes, I was hoping for a better one for s2
The two endings are good though

The series is nice

It has really good world building and enjoyable characters.

Shame about DEEN

>like SAO except good
>like SAO
It's more like the anti-SAO, where SAO was a action fantasy adventure about a character that is bullshit strong.
LH was a politic mystery adventure about a character that is bullshit smart.
So anything that you could find appealing in SAO won't be in LH.
It's more like "watch it if you hate SAO"

I miss it

Choose your character

you wont be able to appreciate it in the anime. too many details are left out that make the worldbuilding and plot more fascinating and complete.
go read the ln, its worth it especially when you meet nureha. the sexual tension really caught me by surprise

>When does the "good" start?
Within seconds of the show beginning. Your poor taste is your cross to bear, it seems.

Well some animeys I really liked grew on me after a few episodes.
I didn't think it was entirely terrible. I liked how the MMO was both fantasy and post-apocalyptic. I thought the cleric woman with the big bobs was sweet. Making them all immortal while stuck in a fantasy world moves the theme away from survival and onto things like ennui, which I think has a lot of potential. Things like that.
But I was lead to believe that this show would be... if not "intellectual", then at least clever. Solving problems with planning instead of action, politics, economics etc. But so far it's mostly low-stakes RPG combat and dumb ecchi comedy. So yeah, it kinda sucks, so far.

>Shaman
I think you mean Kannagi

The anime actually reminded me of times when I was playing an actual MMO. SAO is just an isekai.

Is the author still in jail?

"It's like SAO but not as bad"
Would be more accurate
It's not very good

He never went to jail

Could have sworn he went to jail for tax evasion. Could be mixing him up with that other author from 2017.

Did you forgive Deen yet?

They caught him tax evading but he didn't go to jail. I dunno how it works in Japan.