ITT: Write a Shounen Power System

Guidelines:
1) Every individual in that universe must be able to use their power in a unique way, no copy paste with different colors
2)No tomfuckery, there needs to be a strict set of rules that govern said powers. No bullshit "willpower" or "My friends need me" moments should be able to occur.

Go at it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0
shoryuken.com/2014/02/25/deep-cuts-why-samurai-shodown-v-special-is-the-best-fighting-game-youve-never-played/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. changes the series to not be shonen so it has a chance at being good

2. Get rid of all gay haircuts

the fact that it's shonen makes it trash I'd want a Martial Arts: The Anime desu
and no I'm not talking about the pretentious trash that's already been made,
no crossing paths cliche then suddenly one just drops down dead because the main protag was "too fast", no teleporting behind as well
only if those stick figure fights were an anime series...

I don't like shonen, can't we have a nice debating anime that debates with a topic, some even like whether traps are gay or not

Their power levels are their debating skills

>Debate: The Animation
What would this be like?

Chess: The Anime, maybe a psychological battle like that just like in Death Note
The main protag and/or boss opponent is similar from the movie A Beautiful Mind

Classroom Of The Elite without pretentious bullshit and on steroids

Pretty much:
"If I shill this, can this argument countershill his argument? Or will I need to attack an ad hominem infused with a strawman"
at the back of the characters' minds

Check out Sanderson's laws of magic.

>pic unrelated.

we need more animes with protags and villains with hidden powers

everyone has the same amount of "ki" and the thing that makes a difference in battle is how it's used.

>move to seinen magazine
>your manga still sucks
>doesn't ever get an anime adaptation

maybe a world where you trade memories and experiences for power, depending on how strong that emotion is or your attachment to it will equate to how much power you'll get at the cost of your memories

what if it doesnt?
i refuse to believe in equality!
the world is unequal to begin with

i don't believe in equality either but it would make an interesting power system.

how is it gonna be used in battle then?

>memories for power
I can guarantee if something like this is made it'll be more either hitting heavier themes and leave us bawling out eyes or a shitty tragedyfest that we'll all drop by the 4th episode.

I can already imagine the main villain will be someone who's done horrible shit and become one of the strongest beings in existence, but won't be able to remember what he's done. He's also the MC's mentor/father figure

I think Martial Arts is a pretty good measure for that. Maybe medieval fantasy stuff too. "Ki" being used in a specific way is hard to measure though.

eh, what if you're able to separate your experiences with your memories, i.e. they'll still remember the event but will feel emotionless for what they've done?
what if different range of emotions or memories give them different manas / power levels that will only work in a specific way? like you can't use a tragic event to heal someone who's injured, but you can certainly destroy shit with that
maybe a lore that talks about balance in nature and how emotions is an imbalance

and it will only work IF the character remembers their feelings of it, and the amount of power they'll get off the trade will depend on their attachment

maybe it's a technology invented by a genius or a cult who's sick of inequality? modern? fantasy?
maybe it's a curse that binds all of them?
maybe you can only trade under specific conditions and will take some time? maybe an instant, but your powers are an instant as well? and if you don't use it, it will just fade away?

Characters can change the properties of any object they touch.
>Limits:
Max amount of stuff 'changed' can't exceed the mass of the user and can't be sustained longer than 2 minutes in 24 hours. I haven't thought of the properties, but those would also need to have strict limitations. If done properly, the fights could get pretty strategic and ugly (a character increases the enemy's hand's temperature to 100 degrees)

Every person is as powerful as they believe they are. The only limit on their power is that imposed by their imagination. As long as you believe you can beat an opponent, you can go ahead and do it.

The end.

Magic isn't about fireballs and blasts, but about curses and minigames.
People get magic abilities depending on their zodiac sign. These abilities are associated with zodiac sign cliches. The twist to prevent the story and battled from stagnating/getting predictable is the horoscope (planet alignment) which alters on a weekly basis and can give magic users things like bad luck, increased defences against certain zodiac types or new abilities.

pisces for example are said to be shy, so they could use a curse that gives their target social anxiety or makes them socially excluded for a short while.
when aligned with zeus they are said to be creative, so they can alter things with their imagination

virgos are ironically supposed to be sluts, so they could be able to seduce their targets or make them so horny that they would sexually assault an ally. on february they are said to be down, so they are weak to psychological attacks and could be made to commit suicide if affected by a curse that causes depression

Basically I'd just want Pymary from Unsounded but in a battlemanga and not unsounded.

>The world is basically programmatic and was spoken into reality by the gods
>Casting is literally speaking that language and is like writing code; everything has physical aspects which you can swap/move/condense/etc
>strict rules, drawing aspects from further away is slower, you can only work with what you have, the universe's "garbage collection" destroys any object with incomplete or incompatible aspects from existence if they stay that way for too long
>emotions have nothing to do with it. You have to be legit smart to be an effective caster and be able to do very complex mental calculations while in battle
>There are "first" materials from the god's beta version of the world that cannot be cast on, but in fact can be used to literally store your "code" with the right tools. Better materials can hold more data.
>Like you could make a gun out of a first metal and put code in it that just makes it passively suck up heat from the air until it is "full", and have it programmed to release it when you pull the trigger, etc.
>mental/somewhat metaphysical aspects exist. Perception is one for example, so you could say switch your perception aspect with that of fall foliage as you travel so long as trees were in range. People generally kinda find fall foliage pleasant so they'll just see you as a moderately pleasant looking person. If they figure out something is up (because everyone will see something different) their perception changes and your spell fails (on them at least).

Umineko or Dangan Ronpa? (Haven't actually played either, though)

Also, Ace Attorney.

youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0

Use part (or parts) of Samurai Shodown V Special's system and have a short-term stamina mechanic where if you keep throwing attacks nonstop, they do shit damage, but a well placed (full stamina) attack will hurt a lot. The meditation mechanic was also neat (gives characters a bit more of control -- say, emotional and strategic control -- over when to use a fierce playstyle, or when to save strength and resources for when they actually matter).
shoryuken.com/2014/02/25/deep-cuts-why-samurai-shodown-v-special-is-the-best-fighting-game-youve-never-played/

There are 4 schools of magic, Arcana, Summoning & Sacrifice, Nature, and Black Magic
Everyone is born with an affinity for at least 2 schools, however, one person cannot have an affinity for opposite schools at once (Arcana and Nature, S&S and Black Magic)
Each school is distinct in what it's teachings can and cannot do:
>Arcana
Draws power from the raw, latent energy in the fabric of reality. Literally just shooting Dark Matter at people. Cannot draw energy from the physical elements. Major Arcane Symbols/Figures: The Pope (most powerful living Arcanist), Jerusalem, Mecca, the Kaaba, literally any major center of Judaism/Christianity/Islam. Counterpart is Natura
>Natura
Manipulates the environment/elements similarly to Avatar: The Last Airbender. Having plantlife and animals attack for you. Cannot draw energy from reality, only worldly material. Major Natura Symbols/Figures: Nordic runes, many African localized religions, Native American spirits, Shinto. Counterpart is Arcana.
>Summoning and Sacrifice
Exactly as the title suggests, bringing forth demons and the like in exchange for sacrifices. Next to no modern day usage compared to the other schools. Major S&S Symbols/Figures: Ancient Aztecs, Chichen Itza, Huey Teocalli (no longer exists), some places in ancient Greece. Counterpart is Black Magic.
>Black Magic
Voodoo and similar practices, mainly focuses on curses and hexes. Was the most widespread school before the Catholic Church came into power. Major S&S Symbols/Figures: Haiti, Southern U.S., most of central Africa, most of Far East Asia. Counterpart is Summoning and Sacrifice.

That's all I've got, don't really have a plot or anything like that, what do you guys think?

How about Magic Balls. One fella can throw fire balls, another ice balls. Maybe there's even electric balls. Maybe each cast costs a mana ball.

Balls: The anime. Amazing.