Ryou is a generic pyschopath now

>Ryou is a generic pyschopath now
>Satan's motivations for protecting demons and regrets over eliminating humans are removed
>Akira's renouncement of his humanity is removed
>Miko's character arc dies as soon as she becomes a Devilman and is only good for her flopping tits
>Akira magically cries whenever someone is sad for no reason
>Terrible, Half-assed attempts to make us care for Akira's parents
>Xenon is pointless now and jobs to Akira offscreen somewhere.
>Miki's death scene is now a boring slow-motion knife stab
>Themes are reduced to Satan finding love despite having almost no build-up other than a scene where he's trying to kill some dog.
>Animation is inferior to any of the OVAs

Why do people like this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz50hqWrHUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>Why do people like this again?
here y'go buddy

It's a Netflix anime what did you expect?
I was just confused while watching it.

> what did you expect?
Better. I actually really liked Yuasa before this, now I know better.

Well, that is lame.
I had high hopes for the show having read the manga, but I just stopped after watching episode 2.

thought of dropping it as well but glad I didn't. the 2nd half is extremely good.

How about you finish it and form your own opinion?

I know all those things about it, but I liked it anyway. I even have a huge problem with most of the deaths, but...........eh, my brain still loves it. No good explanation for this one,other than the overall package made me happy.

It's only 10 episodes. Just watch it.

Ryo is less
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz50hqWrHUY

Also it's the only adaptation that really gets the whole story ; the OVAs just have good pieces, but don't really make a good whole. This still comes together to leave an impact, even if it's a little different one than the manga.

We got gay sex in crybaby,too bad it wasn't anything involving Ryo.

Of all the gay stuff to talk about and they put it all on some random jack ass and not the OG homo.

>Akira's renouncement of his humanity is removed
Good. Very good.

You could argue that was his intent with the end of episode 9.

The anger is real.

WE got a lot of hugs, at least.

I know I'm in the minority but I hated the way they handled Miki, seemed like they pandered to the Netflix audience by making her into a vanilla waifu character.

Pretentious unfitting artstyle + sex and hardcore violence=mature anime for mature adults like myself. It's anime hipsterism and nothing more.

As the OP of this thread, I admit I actually thought Miki was well handled here. At least Yuasa tried to give her her own life, goals, and relationships. The track shit was mostly stupid and a waste of time but I thought that scene where she talked to Akira about its significance to her and the "passing the baton" metaphor was decently handled.
The manga Miki was too much of a weird, obsessive tomboy for me to actually care about.
I still don't give much of a shit about her so if I had to give Crybaby any sort of praise whatsoever, it'd be with her character (the OST was alright too, I guess).

I'm the only one who would've prefered a 3 hour movie format istead of it being split in ten episodes and having to hear the op ten times?

>vanilla waifu character

She's a thot who pose half naked for photographers.

>Fedora tippers actually believe saying "muh yuasa" negates all criticisms toward the show

Shit animation and style, also rushed as fuck. Even the incomplete OVA is better. Deal with it netflix shills.

This would have been better.

Can't stand this show's fucking art style, it looks like fucking Monogatari if it were drawn by toei phils.

I liked the side characters better too.

It's a mixed bag. I preferred her death here, and her role in the story, but her character quirks were definitely all ironed out, which is disappointing.

Eh, only the 2 delinquents. The rest were either pointless additions or about as good as the manga.

Holy fuck.

Saving humanity would have been a mistake after all.