Cell's saga timeline question

I got that there're 4 timelines.

Super established that there was a guy that traveled through time before anyone, he's the one that probably created Trunks 2 timeline... the very timeline from the Trunks that survives and that Zamasu fight happens...

What I don't get is this:

How come Trunks 1 Hope!! appeared BEFORE all the events from Cell's saga, if Trunks 1 was supposed to go back just to tell the people from the past how he killed the androids?

Cell tells Trunks that he just pressed a button... shouldn't he be back just after Trunks second trip to the past?

Trunks 1 machine come back in time just 3 years before the Picollo and Cell encounter happens... that doesn't make any sense, Trunks would go back just a few days/months (the time he took to kill the androids) after he kills Freeza in the past.

Or Trunks 1 just traveled to the past 1 time?

As far as I understood Trunks 2 is the one that we see in the Z saga. We never saw Trunks 1, the one who was killed by Cell.

So the events would go like this:

1 - The first time traveler created the first split time line.

2 - Trunks 1 traveled to the past creating the unknown timeline (third timeline), came back to the future, killed the androids and was killed before going back a second time to the unknown timeline (third timeline) to tell everyone how to kill the androids, so he never reprogrammed the machine.

3 - Trunks 2 traveled to the past, came back to the future, didn't kill the androids, traveled to the past a second time, then came back to the future after the Cell games and killed Cell.

4 - Z timeline, created by Cell 1...

By the way, I'm reading the manga, so that's the official stuff. Is that it?

>trying to find reason with dragon ball lore

I guess this explains it.

First time traveler was Senbei Norimaki. Bulma BTFO at every turn.

Listen to this guy OP. Dragon Ball had King Piccolo wish for Eternal youth instead of Immortality even though Kami was old as fuck. Dont put to much thought into this. Toriyama sure as fuck didn't

>being a enabler of generals
>actually encouraging someone to post or create a general thread
There's nothing wrong with this thread.

There's a few contradictions on this one.

Like what user?

how in the fuck did this image fuck up so badly

>maxresdefault.jpg
That's why.

We don't really know anything about the unknown timeline, it just has to exist because logic.

I think that what explain that Trunks 2 wasn't killed by Cell 2... is the fact that he traveled to the Z timeline, or the one that Cell has created... so the events from Timeline 1 and Timeline 2 started to be different form that point...

Trunks 1 basically created a new timeline... while Trunks 2 had traveled to the timeline created by Cell 1... so it changed the events a little bit, just enough for Cell 2 don't attack Trunks 2 on his second trip...

So when Trunks 2 were about to travel for the third time... Cell 2 tried to attack him and died.

While Cell 1 killed Trunks 1 on his second trip. That's why the machine wasn't reprogrammed and Cell 1 basically created a new timeline.

I was trying to create a graph trying to figure out

and eventually i came to this conclusion.
First off, forget about this "first time traveller" bullshit thing

Basically the important thing to notice is, when Cell travelled back in time, not only did he create an alternate timeline of when Goku was saved by Trunks(thus there are two timelines where Goku was healed) but also at the same time created an alternate timeline of the original timeline, the one where Goku died of an heart attack

>Trunks 1 machine come back in time just 3 years before the Picollo and Cell encounter happens... that doesn't make any sense, Trunks would go back just a few days/months (the time he took to kill the androids) after he kills Freeza in the past.
You nailed it and didn't even realize it.

To keep going back to the same timeline, the time machine had to keep traveling the same number of years.
Trunks went back in time, warned everyone, killed frieza, and went back to his own time.
He then changed the number of years required to travel so he didn't have to wait 3 years.
That put him in a different timeline than he originally went.
Cells trunks was about to do the same thing, but was going to go back further, to reveal the key to beating the androids.
Which mean his trunks had already gone back and killed frieza.
Cells trunks was the one we see in the main timeline kill frieza. The trunks that arrives three years later had killed frieza in cells timeline (cells gero spy had witnessed trunks beat frieza). They crisscrossed timelines.
As we saw, goku would have forgotten his medicine, vegeta would have been wrecked, and no future trunks nor piccolo getting the kami powerup due to cell being around would have meant everyone died.

Okay, I'll read it tomorrow, because I'm sleepy, but there's 4 green rings in Super manga/anime.

I'm not sure if the silver one is a timeline or the tool to travel through the time lines...

but there're at least 4 timelines. And the Super manga also states that there was a guy that traveled through time, and that's why it's forbidden...

So the canon is that there's at least two timelines before Cell's saga.

lol, thanks, I'll read it carefully tomorrow, but I didn't get it right. Thanks for the answer.

So most of the internet's timelines are still wrong, that's for sure, they need to be updated with the Super stuff and this minor stuff that we're finding.

I ignored Super for that chart, especially since the manga and anime are different, thus who knows what is canon anymore
but yes, one of the rings in super is just a timetravel device, not an indication of a timeline

The green ones are created when a new timeline is created, the silver ones are time travel rings that specifically don't cause splinter timelines.

Really not sure how this is so hard.

Unknown Timeline: Timeline that the Trunks that got killed by Cell went too, Trunks helps Z Fighters and co. defeat 17/18 and there's no Cell so he goes back home afterwards
Cell's Timeline: Timeline where he kills the Trunks from above and goes back to our timeline
DBZ Timeline: Probably the same as the unknown timeline until Cell interferes
Trunks Timeline: Our Trunks' timeline, since he experienced the DBZ timeline, he knows about Cell and doesn't get offed

Honestly, just ignore the stupid DBS time travel rings. Unless stated, there's no reason to assume all the rings came from Trunks, so there's no need to force it into this.

>green rings in Super manga/anime
They only look like that in the anime, they are all the same color in the manga
inb4 manga has no color

They may have no different colors, but one of them clearly is special towards the others

The real mindfuck

Why is the 'real' timeline most important when it only exists as a byproduct of other timelines? Is it just because it's the only one with a happy ending and it would be depressing thinking the "real" story is the one where Goku and everyone is dead

Yes, so?
How is that a mindfuck? It's just basic storytelling

Super is a separate canon.

It's literally impossible to write a story that features time-travel that would make sense and not have the audience go "why didn't they just X". You cannot name a time travel story that would make sense.

Expecting a decent time-travel story from a fucking battle shonen author known for sloppyness and not giving a fuck is beyond retarded.

No, it isn't.

it has to, because it fucks with the final chapters of DB.

How?

Goku says at the end that Buu is the strongest guy he ever fought, for example.
or like how Vegeta says that everyone has been so complacent and just stopped fighting after they beat Buu. Or how Goku hasn't seen Bulma and Vegeta in years. Neither of these can't be true if they fought gods and other universes and became infinitely stronger during Super.

It's not like any of those things you mentioned are big contradictions though. Toyotaro and Toriyama are rewriting EoZ anyway, it's not a big deal.

Didn't Beerus create one at the end of the Zamasu arc?

It's still contradicting the manga people have on their shelfs. They should just honestly say that it's a seperate timeline, since we got all that shit again with Zamasu.

I dont know how you guys discuss db shit thinking they thought about super during v events or that they put too much thought about stuff to make any sense. The authors doesn't give a shit.

>z* events