>red sea
>2 people there

NO, NOT AGAIN! YOU FUCKS! now I'm depressed

give me blank pic so I can do my own.

Justvgoogkevit

>jojo
wut

>crying
Accurate, I got pretty sad with Miki's death, but I was crying like a girl during the last episode.

It wasn't even as sad as the version in the Amon OVA. Devilman Crybaby is shit.

I don't know if Devilman Crybaby is shit compared to the other adaptations or not, I haven't seen them yet.
I loved Crybaby, so I guess I'll watch the other adaptations as soon as possible.

>I don't know if Devilman Crybaby is shit compared to the other adaptations or not

Its the closet thing we got to a complete adaptation. Id strongly recommend The Birth and Demon Bird though. Just for the animation alone. Amon is an edgefest and can be skipped and the 70s TC series is what it is and is fun its own way.

>I loved Crybaby
It's easily the worst adaption. I find more enjoyment in the shitty 1972 series because it didn't try to be faithful to the manga. The new series is just trash with horrible pacing and characters who don't even act the way they should. Also it's Yuasa who's already a shitty pretentious director.

>buzzword buzzword buzzword

>crying while watching anime
What is this meme? I didn't know this board was filled with Akiras crying everytime they see a sad scene.

I cried with evangelion and berserk too. Oh also when gt ended in Mexico.

It's ok user, I did too. Don't listen to that tryhard.

The ones I don't get are Makoto Shinkai films. He goes so overboard in the "NOW YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!" aspect that it doesn't feel genuine at all.

>this is my argument

No he’s right.

The Amon OVA is far superior in tone. Even Miki’s death was better because it was genuinely horrifying and it didn’t have some over-melodramatic music playing in the background. When Akira cried his soul out for Miki, it was far better done than any of Crybaby which came off as corny and overly dramatic again.

samefag

Original manga is not a masterpiece either and you are just nitpicking minor details to be a typical "true fan". If that's all you've got only proves it.

Ty

I thought Miki's death was fine....But other stuff in this series felt like what this guy is saying about Makota Shinkai:

>>He goes so overboard in the "NOW YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!" aspect that it doesn't feel genuine at all.

post WEGs before this turns into another devilman thread

When people have greater empathy, they are more likely to feel sad when sad things happen to characters they like. As a kid I literally didn't cry during any media. With more life experience, I can sometimes map events in a show onto something closer to my already banked memories and it will cause me to tear up.

>the most important scene in the series
>minor detail
Amon got it perfect, Crybaby's version was only good for people who fall prey to dumb korean dramas

Havent been paying attention to the chat. Just came back to post this and call you a retard.

What the fuck is this bullshit? The Amon OVA has always been poorly directed shlock with no impact. Are you fags coming out of the woodworks just because Crybaby has a mixed reception?

>What the fuck is this bullshit?
Why are you randomly asshurt over opinions?
>The Amon OVA has always been poorly directed shlock with no impact.
No one said it was good but it obviously had more impact in terms of emotion and general sadness compared to Crybaby especially when it comes to a certain character's death.
>Are you fags coming out of the woodworks just because Crybaby has a mixed reception?
Well it's a comparison. No one wouldn't be talking about it at all if it wasn't for the new adaption that came out. Obviously people are going to make comparisons.

shit template

rate mine

>Garo

But Vanishing Line is better than this in every conceivable way.

No, it isn't.
Vanishing Line has it's ups and downs, but when it's bad, it's really bad.

rate mine

and here's one for manga

>poorly directed
And yet it had an awesome death scene with top notch voice acting that far surpassed Crybaby's without the melodramatic bullshit.

Are you telling me it's bad?

Evangelion and Berserk both have much better writing and pacing than Devilman Crybaby though.

Evangelion has shit tier writing, the only good thing about it is the directing.

>berserk
>good pacing
When a manga takes years for the main character to get off the fucking boat, you know something's wrong. Devilman has amazing pacing in comparison. People who say it's too fast must not watch a lot of movies or are literal brainlets who can't process information and emotions fast enough.

Samurai Flamenco was one hell of a ride, if only the sentai arc was abit better

s-source?

Nice opinions

Shinji is a very well written character, m8. I don't think the worldbuilding is anything close to perfect, but it functions just fine in allowing us to see all kinda of facets of the protagonist as he interacts with other people and the angels.

I'm just comparing anime to anime, and the Berserk anime is paced just fine. If anything, it's a tad overlong and focuses on details that aren't very important, but it does its job of making you care about Guts and Griffith before the Eclipse happens and everything becomes fucked.

That's what Devilman Crybaby is really lacking. Yes, you can process the events that are happening, but I never gave a single fuck about it because I wasn't given enough breathing room to empathize with the characters.

>but I never gave a single fuck about it because I wasn't given enough breathing room to empathize with the characters.
That's because you're a brainlet. Devilman Crybaby was 4 hours 10 minutes long. Do you know what else is 4 hours long? One extended edition of a Lord of the Rings movie

>but it does its job of making you care about Guts and Griffith before the Eclipse happens and everything becomes fucked.
Berserk is 1. a seinen, and 2. 39 volumes long.

Devilman is 1. a shonen and 2. 5 volumes long.

You're comparing apples and oranges here.

It's not about the length, faggot. It's about the pacing. I enjoy plenty of movies that are shorter than Devilman because they know how to properly pace themselves.

That's not an issue with Berserk's pacing, it's an issue with its release schedule.

The Berserk anime isn't covering 39 volumes, and Devilman Crybaby clearly isn't a shonen anime.

Devilman was properly paced. You're just a brainlet.

I'm not a fan of overly long manga.

Doesn't matter, the source material is shonen.

I'm pretty sure if i stitched the 10 episodes together removing the OP and ED, no one would complain. I found no problem with the pacing because I'm an adult and I know how to quickly manage my emotions for the current scene on the screen.

>Devilman is for little kids
>But you're a brainlet if you don't take it seriously and empathize with the characters
lol

The anime is still a whole lot longer than Devilman and thus has a different pacing.

>he thinks the point of devilman is to take it seriously and not just take it as japan's answer to superman
who's the brainlet here? berserk is dark fantasy, devilman is a super hero series.

miura as a kid loved super heroes like devilman, so he thought he'd make a neat little reference to it in berserk. that's literally it.

It also has lots of character moments and doesn't rush through plot points. I'm just saying, maybe you were OK with it, and that's fine. But just felt like I flew past so much shit without ever getting more than a fucking snapshot of characters who I feel like I should have gotten to know a lot better before shit started happening to them.

>It also has lots of character moments and doesn't rush through plot points
Because Berserk is longer. Devilman didn't rush through any plot points, you just expected them to be longer.

>But just felt like I flew past so much shit without ever getting more than a fucking snapshot of characters
What did you think of Boromir's death? We barely got to know him and he bit the bullet.

>feel like I should have gotten to know a lot better before shit started happening to them.
Not really. Devilman isn't a character drama. Characters dying at the end of a movie is normal and expected.

When your grandma died of cancer, did you feel bad because you barely gave a shit about her? Or did you feel nothing precisely because you didn't give a shit about her?

I don't really remember The Lord of The Rings movies that well because it's been years since I've seen them. I'm not sure why you keep going back to them in particular.

>this level of sheer fucking autism
Yes, not liking a Chinese cartoon is the same as not caring about family members, faggot.

Let's try this again. Did you care when your alcoholic dad who used to beat you up died?

>but it does its job of making you care about Guts and Griffith
Is Devilman your first Go Nagai series? You're not supposed to care about the characters dying. You're supposed to bring out the lotion.

Fucking newfag.

Probably got expected and got reversed by mistake there, buddy.

I don't get the last one.

Amon is shit and you are autistic for sticking to that pile of crap. Its tone is retard edgy shounenshit and strict violence pulp, which is hammered down and reminiscent of trashy OVA garbage of the bygone era, like MD Geist. Long overdue and laughably outdated for 2000. It lacks the subtlety and eerie beauty of the two previous OVAs. Get some taste.

Good one.

A lot of words to mean nothing.

Amon is the best Devilman ever got. Suck it pablo.

>had more impact in terms of emotion and general sadness compared to Crybaby
Take off your nostalgia googles. I watched it recently for the first time and I couldn't bring myself to feel any sadness whatsoever, only excitement from gore scenes (and distaste for other reasons, like Akira acting out of character). I felt genuinely touched watching Crybaby.

Get off Sup Forums, nolifer.

>it's very shitty shit that is garbage and shitty and trashy and shit.

You are lurking in this thread since the beggining and still you hadn't been able to make an argument. Amazing.

>Take off your nostalgia googles
What you think I watched Amon when I was 12? What planet do you live on where Amon would be a nostalgic thing for me? Also your opinions are shit.

Nice.

>implying Madoka wasn't useless

Is Crybaby Yuasakino?

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING

The ONLY good scene in Amon was Miki's death. Everything else was shit and you guys know it

Considering Yuasa is a tryhard who only makes weird shit for the sake of it being weird...no. It's stupid like most of his works.
No. It was beautifully animated and filled with enough edgeshit to please any school shooter. This scene was especially neat.

Does anyone have that one with ergo proxy and jesus firing laser beams at ufos shouting raison d'etre?

>complains about tryhard when Amon is the definition of tryhard, with no technical or emotional base

You have really awful taste.

Same but replace the last panel with "love of my life".

>Gives no constructive argument to prove otherwise
>Tells others they have awful taste

Sauce!!!!!!!!!!

I've always thought Amon was better directed than the 80s OVAs. Even with its over the top gore (which the manga has plenty of as well I might add), it has some really well done scenes. Akira saying goodvye to Miki in his mind and the final scene with Akira and Ryo are kino.

brainlet