I was watching a 2009 era fansub when I came across this moment

I was watching a 2009 era fansub when I came across this moment.

I'm so fucking glad fansubbing is virtually dead.

You are not welcome here, Herkz.

Be nice~

Or anywhere else, for that matter.

t. daiz

>I'm so fucking glad fansubbing is virtually dead.
Of course you are, newfag. Meanwhile, fansubs are saving us from the Netshit menace as we speak.

What, you miss the TL notes, the over the top karaoke bullshit, joke subs, and general fansubber attention whoring?

I'll take mediocre subs for most anime coming out if means I never have to see another TransGraham-esque moment again.

Demonization of TL notes is how you end up with garbage localizations from would-be writers.

TL Notes have given us some of our finest memes. Don't forget your cultural heritage

This is going to reach bump limit, isn't it? Fuck you, OP.

You can't 100% translate text from Japanese, you lose a lot of context or content.
You either TN or swallow mediocre, garbage, or meme-tier subs that completely change the meaning of the scene or even change the characters traits/personality.
We recently had things like Maid Dragon's "Patriarchal" or Blend S "Boku?!". Won't even talk about VEG's transgender shit that was post ITT.

>i'll take memesubs in place of valid translation

90% of memesubs are the responsibility of Commie and their ilk.

Herkz is a fucking asshole. Fuck him.

Those Netflix subs seem, uh, bad. Is every series they do like this?

Yes, even foreign non-anime films.

>over the top karaoke bullshit
>he doesn't sing along to OP and ED
Get off my board.

For what purpose?

>Don't call me by my first name!
>Just because you wanted a girl. I can't believe it. Calling out a girl's name in bed. That was terrible.

It's not so bad. People pay for this, too

What the fuck?

>people

Karaoke is the only thing I truly miss from fansubs. Fuck off.

I seriously miss karaoke OPs and EDs. Crunchy's such lazy fuckers that they don't even bother to translate them. Not even when the characters sing/talk in them and there's a different one every episode. It's bullshit.

I think it's hilarious that people throw fits over this when there are so many outright mistranslations that no one gives a shit about.

Because this shows that they really don't care at all, that they don't respect peoples' desire to view an honest attempt to translate what is being said. Mistakes can be fixed with feedback, time, and practice, but this was on purpose. They don't give a fuck, and so their subs should be abandoned. Thankfully there's usually at least 1 alternative when shit like this happens.

I'll take romaji karaoke as a bare minimum and translated lyrics as extra. Anison is typically more catchy as fuck beats than powerful and significant lyrics.

Mistranslations can still come off as valid translation. But memes in place of actual translation stick out like a sore thumb, especially when you consider native context.

Are those Eclipse subs?

Never Gonna Give You Up is a genuinely good song.

Because their primary viewer base only watches their shitty dramas like Black Mirror and Stranger Things.
All the other shit they license is just a cash grab to try and trick people out of a few bucks. Absolute minimum effort put into it because they're after pure profit, not a good product.

Mistranslating because of mistakes or the trnlanslator's own interpretation if some hard sentence is one thing.
Translating "Itadakimasu" to "Through the Dark Lord, Amen" is another.