Violet Evergarden Episode 3

This is it. This will be the episode that determines whether this is a masterpiece anime or not. All eyes are on this one. Are you ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/joletb/9c718eafb0249546d0f05737c7469efb
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/0c43VYpYXxIcSNBYipLxOA/order/asc/
twitter.com/Abel_Toy/status/921625594785177601
twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/921632428749340672
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You mean it's the episode that decides if I drop this piece of shit or not

It was meh.

Why would you drop the tranwreck of the season? Is there any other anime that's as fun to shit on as this one airing right now?

The director sucks so don’t expect too much.

Not everyone watches anime for the sole purpose of shitposting.

Actually, yes, everyone does.

Clearly you don't enjoy watching anime anymore, consider getting into other hobbies.

It's over.

But it's already aired?

Waiting for subs for Sup Forums to give their ultimatum.

why this episode

Three episode rules.

AISIDERU WO SHILIDAI NO DES

>trainwreck of the season
You don't know what a trainwreck is.
Also, it is more fun to shit on Franxx.

They cannot disappoint now. All eyes are on them.

>You don't know what a trainwreck is.
Trainwreck wasn't the right word, but it's close enough. It's the one show this season that's fun to shit on.
>it is more fun to shit on Franxx.
Must be why barely anyone shits on FranXX. Most of the FranXX shitposting is tough love or waifu warring.
VEG is the only anime this season that is constantly ripped to shreds and it's hilarious. Not even PTE is in such a state.

threadly reminder on how to fix the shitty filter.

>use a 16-235 -> 0-255 shader in your video player
>gist.github.com/joletb/9c718eafb0249546d0f05737c7469efb

>fans obliged to fix an anime's errors

Depressing to hear but thanks for the hard work.

Meanwhile, in Japan.
Note: the pre-episode drop is steeper than last week, and the post-episode rebound isn't as good. The trend continues to be downwards.

Friendly reminder that this doesn't fix jack shit. It actually makes some scenes look worse (too saturated and dark).

More like Violet Eversharted.

Sadly it confirmed the show to be a dud. I guess I'll just watch it because it's Kyoani but I'm expecting Kyokai no Kanata levels of boredom.

Kyoani really expected this to get big, didn't they? Even if it turned out to be good, this type of show just doesn't sell.

Let us try, user. That's the beauty of this board. We help each other in times of calamity.

Blame kyoani for bleaching their show.

Now I understand why the second episode was missing PROOFREADING.
Kyoani has no understanding of the concept

>polished turd is still turd
Colour me surprised.

>Actually, yes, everyone does.
no

What are you talking about? This kind of overly sentimental, serious and "mature" story is bound to go mainstream. Have you seen the Oscars? KyoAni are expecting this to be a big success with actual people at large, not just teenagers and otaku.

>KyoAni are expecting this to be a big success with actual people at large, not just teenagers and otaku.
And they're failing miserably.

The best selling shows ever are either mecha, bakemonogatari/madoka, love live or fujobait, nothing really comparable to Violet.

lel

Must be why it's the first ever KyoAni show to have not just one, but two episodes that don't trend on twitter after airing. Oh wait, are twittertards not normalfags?

Again, those are only best selling amoung teenagers and otaku. They have nothing on the profit made by Ghibli films, or high profile Madhouse films, or Shounen Jump adaptations, which make so much because they reah out to a general audience of either families or average adults. KyoAni are trying to do the same. And in this case, sales don't mean shit given that it's being distributed by Netflix anyway. I dislike the show, but I think it's obvious what it's trying to be and what KyoAni are trying to do by marketimng it so hard.

>KyoAni are trying to do the same
Are they? The show airs during otaku hours.

Get out of your echo hate chamber. Everything you listed is otaku and teenage shit. Million latin housewives watch VEG on Netflix and cry. Korean women switch off their soap operas to watch VEG. Indian bollywood blockbusters have little success this season since VEG airs in India too. In Saudi Arabia Violet is praised as example of the good woman. In Russian military bunkers, Violetta Evergardanova is being shown to people watching the nuclear rockets so that they rejuvate themselves through months spent without seeing light of the day underground. In China, its the top anime of the season and officially approved and recommended by SARFT. In canada, Lumberjacks, while taking a break from work, gather in gay bars to discuss VEG. In UK, the landmarks that were shown in VEG anime already became tourist attractions. In Germany Angela Merkel wore a blue suit inspired by Violet. In Italia, in Genua - they dedicated new Pizza to Violet and one for Cattlaya and Benedict. In France, french version of VEG theme is played on radio. In Usa..

In USA Netflix does not show VEG, so assmad US fags are shitposting about it.

...But is being released on Netflix, which stops that from mattering.

Next level shitposting.

You tell me, its exclusively Franxx fags suddenly bringing twitter statistics in threads insisting they somehow matter and every japanese after watching an episode autistically goes to post on twitter about it and notin his microblog or line.

This is a great shitpost. 10/10
I like it because it started plausible but then went nuts really fast, but in a restrained way.

What does Pizza Violetta taste like?

Jesus Christ. How do you sleep at night?

>every japanese after watching an episode autistically goes to post on twitter about it and notin his microblog or line.
This is usually the case though. Pop Team Epic trended globally with over 500k tweets after the first episode. The fact that Evergarden hasn't trended 2 episodes in a row proves the normalfag audience claims is watching the show is nonexistent.

Franxx fags did not exist when all the other KyoAni series aired and trended on twitter user.

Honestly this is a better plot than VEG

You think i am joking, but i am merely slightly exxagerating. So its multiple levels of fun - i make fun of people who think its shitpost.

So, VEG would be more popular is Franxx didn't air at the same time?

I never caimed that normalfags were watching the show, just that KyoAni are trying to make them watch it. But I will say that I don't think user's reports on Twitter statistics are the best measure of a foreign show's popularity.

>memes being posted on twitter
>relevant
This must by why PTE BD will sel under 3k

Must be nice to always have a boogieman to explain away all your problems.

Normalfags and gaijins make up most the people watching this show. There was a picture of one of the prescreening events that showed that a majority of the folks were gaijins.

That show could probably break even with 1000 disks sold

Thanks for the pasta

Didn't you say that sales didn't matter among the normalfag audience? Or are you a different person from

People are still watching? why?
Do you think the same action will result in a different outcome?

I don't think Kyoani aims to just break even.

Kind of like when you fags compare other shows to yours as if it's a dick measuring contest?

>desuarchive.org/a/search/image/0c43VYpYXxIcSNBYipLxOA/order/asc/

Yeah it hurts doesn't it

>a foreign show's popularity.
Twitter is the most used social media in Japan.

Animation wise KyoAni really does fuck everyone else in the ass.
And?

After Granblue ingame messanging system

Only consistency wise, their peak as far as technical prowess in animation isn't as high

>Actually, yes, everyone does.

No, only fucking retards do. Real anime lovers enjoy the shows they watch. But watching something you hate just to get high on some internet board is ridiculuous and sadly pathetic.

It's higher than everyone else. Not even CoMix does characters this detailed.

I just farted.
Don't lie, reading the previous sentence gave you more emotions than watching VEG

I don't think you know what animation stands for, character detail isn't it, by the way, neither is background art

fresh new pasta?

I didn't fall asleep reading your post.

Good animation doesn't mean shit if the show has nothing else going for it. Phantom World was one of KyoAni's worst shows and absolute trash overall no matter how nice it looked.

W-what did it smell like user?

I don't think you understand that post because you're just pulling a strawman.

Most overrated anime of the season. Beautifully animated with a sub-par story. Sure, it might end up being a great drama piece, and I'll like it for that - but now it's trying to compete in a very big pond as a small fish.

It's not doing anything with the medium that can't be done with live action (yet) - it feels like a demo reel more than a coherent effort to expand the medium. I do like the subject matter (PTSD/child soldier/feral child etc. etc) but it just feels like they are wasting their efforts. I'm sure I'll end up liking it overall - but it's way overrated.

I guess you also don't know what a strawman is

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand that post.

>the virgin Evergarden vs the Chat Franxx

Pure thread wars kino this season lads

The fanbase wars are honestly more entertaining than the shows

>VEG

>Beautifully animated with a sub-par story.

Kyoani in a nutshell. If they'd hire some actual storytellers instead of putting all their focus into animation they might be able to shit out a half-decent show.

It's too one-sided. FranXX threads are much more active and full of people who actually enjoy the show, VEG threads are just tragic.

Glad I'm not the only one. The shows are prettier though.

This is prime cherry picking anyway.
>dramatic scene of a big plot twist at the end of an episode with an action sequence
vs
>chill scene of the characters walking somewhere in the middle of an episode

You know you are grasping at strawmans. It is a simple fact of life, that no studio can compete with kyoani in consistency and production quality. For every 1 decent minute in regular show there are 23 of QUALITY and BUDGET

I think you greatly exaggerate how much animation KyoAni shows have, and I think there's far to animation than looking pretty. VEG looking like shit despite doing everything in its power to be super duper pretty at all times is great proof of that.

There are too many Franxx threads for VEG crowd to shit them all up. Ingenious tactics from the Franxx team

Aren't they just to stuck up in their own in house IPs bubble now?
I honestly enjoyed Dragon Maid more than most of their recent shows besides Hibike S1.

Phantom Flop is still shit. Pretty visual can shoulders that dead weight shitty story.

No, i think you are just a retarded shitpos possibly seething in envy of KyoAni

>You know you are grasping at strawmans

But it's true though, Phantom world is the only good kyoani anime.

I refuse to believe someone unironically has this opinion

is your attention span non existent?
what do you need to be satisfied?
more so, what complaints could you even have?
you're one of those people who never stop complaining, arent you?
fucking loser

This. Thos whole VEG vs FranXX thing is just a desperate attempt by VEGfags at some relevance.

Your post was very emotional, but not as much as VEG.

>a desperate attempt by VEGfags
Actually, it's just LN spammer trying his best to popularise the anime somehow.

You're right I'm lying, i like every kyoani anime.

I'm only slightly angry that a studio as talented as KyoAni won't consistently make good shows. But there's plenty of other fish in the sea.

I'm unironically not him, but i really unironically like that show, unironically.

Were they genuine?

>twitter.com/Abel_Toy/status/921625594785177601
>twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/921632428749340672

literally who

Literally pic related.