Batoto's finally dead

>Batoto's finally dead
>Mangadex is going to be nothing but old scanlations being re-uploaded for the next two months

Welp, guess I'll work on that backlog instead.

Wait what the fuck happened?

How's that rock you've been living under?

Yes I barely had an access to internet for a week, so what happened?

You got your Internet back, for starters.

I literally just heard about this for the first time right now too, but I figured it out by searching "batoto" under the subject field on desuarchive. Learn how to lurk.

Mangakalot

as long as there are people translating there will always be a way to read/download manga

>resizes images to 1200px jpg

"No"

I just meant that my Follows list will just be old uploads for a good while, though the RSS isn't even operational at the moment so whatever. Time to read some shit.

Yeah, fuck having a conversation about a relevant topic with other anons on an imageboard meant to post threads and listen to new perspectives by people on said topics. I'll just hide behind my social anxiety and look shit up.

Sorry, just trying to help.

Where am I supposed to read/download my manga now? I don't want to go back in downscaled watermark hell.

google

Wait, they're not importing all that 7 TB stuff from batoto?

I know they imported the metadata for titles, but I don't think they're doing the chapters.

Plus a lot of series disappeared occasionally from batoto when scanlators would ask it be taken down, etc.

>new perspectives
>on a half-month-old news

I think someone is bound to replace Batoto with a decent equivalent. It's just the who and when.

Also I can imagine lots of user groups uploading their scanlations to Mangadex for now at least.

Oh for fuck's sake. I don't feel like reuploading all the shit I did again.

Ask holo for FTP access.

Have 8 AB, 2 OT and 6 JS invites, reply to me your 9x9/ MAL and a reason as to why should I mail you one (or three) of them

Explain to a tech illiterate what that thing is and why everyone is talking about it

The problem with uploading new stuff to dex is that it's likely to be lost amidst the slog of old titles having all their chapters uploaded. I got lucky this morning to catch Arachnid having it's final 2 chapters posted.

>Batoto down
>No more easy way to follow series when they update
>Goddess' organization skills fucking suck
>Mangadex is barren and devoid of pretty much everything I follow except OPM
>That other pantsu site is even worse off
This is a horrible time. Why did the owner of Batoto have to go full retard?

Joke's on you, I already have all three. AB gives out so many invites that I don't know how people aren't in it by now. I think they even had open sign-ups for a while recently.

Should I also tell you my greatest weakness, where I see myself in ten years, and why manholes are round?

It looks like batoto is migrating to the domain "vatoto.com." Is this correct?

well there is mangadex

mangadex needs thumbnail previews, scroll down read format and to stop resizing double spreads

and goddess needs to stop ripping new scans from kissmanga

File Transfer Protocol allows you to access the database directly, so you don't need to use the html uploader if you have over 100 releases. Holo only gives r/w rights only, you can't delete stuff yourself. Ask holo for the access.

You might want to upload the more recent chapters of your series though.

Because he was working almost 24/7 for website that barely made any money so bots and scrapers could take all of it and upload it virus and add laden websites to make money off of.

Mostly the working part

Don't worry, it's just phase. You can't just have a seemless transition, things have to evolve.

Gotta wait a few weeks or months and come back when it's probably uploaded

>stop ripping new scans from kissmanga

I don't think they even can, they're using some other firehose script they found and no one knows how to edit it because that would require work.

Only the forums.

>mfw I've been using BU since forever and all this Batoto drama doesn't really affect me
If BU ever goes down I'll be in shit creek without a paddle

>resizing double spreads

The spreads in my upload weren't resized. Maybe you just mean the display size rather than the actual size, like Batoto's zoom feature.

Is madokami allowing registrations yet?

Not sure why he didn't just ban bots and scrapers

This is the Mangadex list of planned features.

Confirmed features:

Pagination.
Different reader modes such as all pages at once/long read.
Group following.
New manga list.
Advanced search.
RSS feeds -- follows, groups, manga.
Follows import from Bato.
Replace mode for existing chapters so links do not change.
Popular manga list.
Random manga picker.
Bookmarking.
Thumbnails.
Language filter show/hide.
List filtering
Maybe a few more than I'm forgetting.
Suggested features TBC:

Release delay timer.
3rd party site integration.
API
Links to outside databases.
Follows on main page.
Comments on a chapter by chapter basis.
Comments improvements -- Such as upvoting, quoting other comments, and text formatting such as bbcode.
Content filtering -- being able to hide stuff you have no desire to see.
Manga status identifies -- complete, ongoing, etc.
Filtering to show only manga / manhua / manhwa.
Status indicators for groups.
Removal of tooltip when mousing over images.
Low res mode for mobile.
Import from MAL follow list.
Update page titles to reflect current chapter.
Mouse over info display on titles.
Browser notifications.
Mobile app.
Email follow updates.
Dedicated author/artist pages.
Combined Spanish languages.
Concatenated/truncated releases.

If they implement all this, it'll leave Batoto in the dust.

then what are these?

yeah, that's what I meant, but they don't have a zoom feature

Nice reading comprehension bud

Reading comprehension, re-read my post.

That's audacious of them, right now the upload doesn't even work properly and series with multiple authors get fucked up when you click on the author name.

How about archive uploading so it doesn't clutter up the front page with like 50 new chapters every hour?

Whatever I'm only reading shounen and isekaishit for now.

>Mangadex is barren and devoid of pretty much everything I follow except OPM
I think most series I follow are there, but they're missing chapters. They're uploading on the site from group to group (I'm only missing one series, but it's over 100 chapters, so it might take a bit)

Leave out :
>Comments on a chapter by chapter basis.
>Mobile app.
>Email follow updates
and it should be good.

Same.

Why go to Sup Forums if you don't like discussing manga?

>Mobile app.
>Email follow updates
How do these affect you exactly?