This whole series feels like a drawn-out joke without a punchline. Am I just a brainlet for not getting it...

This whole series feels like a drawn-out joke without a punchline. Am I just a brainlet for not getting it? Where is the muh depth and critical acclaim?

There were multiple punchlines. Have you seen koyomimonogatari?

People watch it mostly for Araragi and the bitches.

>Am I just a brainlet for not getting it?
Yes. That's precisely it.

monogatari isn't deep, it's funny and sometimes has cool paranormal stuff
The art direction, however, is phenomenal

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Monogatari.

its an anime for sad young men to self insert

>Am I just a brainlet
Definitely

You can really only appreciate it if you have taste. Some people don't, so it's okay if you don't get it.

I love the series, but this is one I don't want people to feel bad for not liking. It's very... different. The jokes and punchlines aren't like many others, and usually the show is trying to make fun of itself. This can come off as way more pretentious than it means to be.

It's really just up to whether you like meaningless dialogue for the sake of the characters, and only need a little story to string that along.

Hence why is probably the most truthful thing you'll read here.

You need to watch at least 300 hours of Norm Mcdonald to understand the Monogatari series

>am I just a brainlet
Yes

Gotta say that Monkey is best before the Snakeposters get here

This
I remember watching Bake for the first time and not having any idea what the fuck was going on, but I really liked the pacing and the art direction was just so unique

It's essentially coming of age stuff, you don't have to be a genius to understand it but probably a brainlet to not to.

It's only shitposters and falseflaggers who claim it's deep. See

>This whole series feels like a drawn-out joke without a punchline.

So it's just like your life?

I have no idea why you though this series would be deep

It has nothing deep about it, its just very well done fan service that attempts to be very entertaining through spectacle.

Its a big pervert spectacle and thats it.

Puns are deep in japanese.

>Its a big pervert spectacle and thats it.
Exactly

so its an anime

>Am I just a brainlet for not getting it?
Very much so. Especially since it's not very deep or anything. There some very light philosophical themes here and there, different outlooks clashing. Other than that it's a guy helps a bunch of characters with their issues show, but it's done by shaft so it looks different.

good work