How often do you watch live action shows?

Before getting into anime, I would constantly watch movies. I would have seen pretty much all major films released in a year, as well as many others. Now I barely watch any. I've only seen 3 movies nominated for oscars this year. I realise that I often feel bored when watching live action things now.

Anyone else feel this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SOEYaBxT29U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I watch them all the time. Just don't watch anything you feel like you've already seen. Try to watch things for your enjoyment not because they're 'major films releasing in a year'. Same with anime though.

I don't

>how often do you not watch anime

>literally me
exept I haven't seen a single movie this year with the exeption of the two I saw drunk and don't remember any details

if I had access to an online community as dedicated to live action foreign shit like k-drama, I'd dive right in, but the only k-drama ive ever watched I got from a random torrent thread on /t/.

Very rarely and even when I do I can never connect with live action characters so I can never enjoy the hype with others. I also watch movies for technical reasons like cinematography and what not. I'm doomed.

I get what you mean. I saw Silence and Dunkirk and felt completely disconnected from the characters, but thought they were technically very good.

Do you ever watch Asian movies? I've noticed that the majority of films I've enjoyed recently have been Korean, with a few from other countries.

I know exactly what you mean about not caring about characters. That's why I mostly watch action movies, at least I can enjoy the guns and explosions.

I watch the teekyu epsiode titles

Yeah, I've mainly been focusing on Japanese films mostly in the Kwaidan category but I've seen a few Korean films here and there that I really enjoyed. I'm also into exploring the Russian, Czech, and Indian output. I've taken a break from live action movies to get back into anime so I'm still very surface level.

If you don't regularly expose yourself to the best of film/television/music/etc, then your opinions on anime are absolutely irrelevant. Congrats on not knowing what context is.

Same, action movies with proper choreography or incredibly bizarre and experimental movies where characters don't really matter. are the only live action things I can really can get into.

It's good to spread it out. I have a few shows I watch along with this current season. It's nice to go to the movies every now and then but you don't have to force yourself to be a normie. There are a few films I want to check out over the last few months and usually If I have a couple bucks to spare I go on discount days at the theater.

Excuse the odd period placement.

Honestly what keeps me back from watching movies is that I just don't know what the best releases and everything are.
Downloading movies isnt as easy as when you have nyaa and animebytes and everything. Unless theres something I dont know about.

Been going through Tsai Ming-liang myself. Just done watching The River and it was pretty good. You guys got any names for other directors?

I haven't seen any live action movie or shows in years, I just like anime

Private trackers for film seem impossible to get into. Most of the time you're just kind of hoping it will be on a public tracker somewhere in decent quality, especially if it's an obscure film.

I'm still an aka-chan when it comes to film so I only know popular names at the moment. I was going through the catalogues of Nobuo Nakagawa, Kaneto Shindo, Kenji Mizoguchi, Govindan Aravindan (Kummatty in particular is incredibly beautiful), Yuri Illyenko, Abbas Kiarostami, and Karel Kachnya last time I was watching stuff.
I can give you a few movements that I've dipped my toes into:
Japanese New Wave
Czech New Wave
Ukranian Poetic Cinema

I'd also recommend going through the "National Film Archive of India" for some underappreciated treasures.

If you haven't browsed any Mubi or Letterboxd lists yet I'd say do that too. I've discovered so many interesting movies that way.

Park Chan-wook

I've seen some movies I've enjoyed recently, but only a handful and I can't really say any of them are recently released or new films. Aside from watching anime, I mostly just listen to music which is much more entertaining than the entirety of hollywood I've seen recently anyways.

youtube.com/watch?v=SOEYaBxT29U

Have you tried movie pass user? It makes you feel like you are seeing movies for nothing.