It doesn't matter how much anime I watch, nothing will ever come close to Evangelion

It doesn't matter how much anime I watch, nothing will ever come close to Evangelion.
Damn you Anno for creating the best anime ever.

what's crazy is I feel the same way about Lain
I pretty much stopped watching anime once I watched lain

I wish they still made VHS tapes, I can't stand the crystal clear quality of DVD it looks bad to me, 90% of my movies are still on VHS though which is good

Not only do I think Evangelion is the best, but it was basically in my subconscious for most of my childhood. When I was 5 or something I saw pic related when walking around a Blockbuster and just thought "Japan must be really weird." and always remembered that as the "weird ass Japanese anime."

While I think NGE is really great, EoE is the masterpiece in my opinion.

Damn yo! I still have those VHS Tapes & the DVD's.

I just do not get the love for series. I felt the show was very overrated and I felt bored watching it. I do do agree with user that mentioned Lain.

Yep. This is the real GOAT.

So this is the power of Sup Forums.

Heh, welcome to babby's first anime
For actual good shows, watch darling im the FramXX. It's eva but better.
Also dont bother with violet evergarden, that show is abhorrent and dont let anyone tell you otherwise

So we can conclude that Lain and Eva are the only two anime actually worth watching, right?

NGE is the only anime series I ever watched.
The fuck do I do now?

You just need to learn to love again.

I don't remember love

You're trying hard shitposter-kun

Now watch the apex of anime storytelling, Kaiji

I guess you could try something different.

Watch 500 more anime before posting again.

Yes.

Eva's great but while I did enjoy Lain somewhat it's not something I'd really watch again. Don't think I've come across an anime or manga I feel this way about yet myself. The Akira manga's probably the closest. That's some good shit.

I intensely relate to Shinji's problems creating relationships with other people

Are you messing with me or is that good?
No way fag. I've gotta keep on building my Rei folder.
I really don't know what to watch desu.
Honestly most anime seems so fucking dumb and annoying to me.

>Honestly most anime seems so fucking dumb and annoying to me.
I think a board that's like is probably more your speed.

Ignorant, retarded crossboarder.

i refuse to believe that other isolated individuals shared my sacred childhood experiences

Watch Lain.
Only other anime than Eva worth watching.

>I think a board that's like is probably more your speed.
Nah I've already got all of the 2B pics I need.
4chins is an openboarders site.

Alright. I'm trusting you user.

Watch Cowboy Bebop for good entry-level anime that doesn’t dive into weeb-tierness

Watch Nadia, Kare Kano, LOGH, Utena, Dougram, Rose of Versailles (anything by Dezaki is mandatory btw), the first season of Ippo and then you can quit this medium without any regret

Agree. Literally nothing has topped it. It's kind of depressing how little anime tries to portray absolute existential despair/horror.

Thanks, sounds like a solid list.

I felt the same way until I finished K-On!!. Amazing that a young director's first solo project ended up being the greatest television anime of all time.

Don't listen this fags. Watch better anime like boku no pico.

OK. Yeah I heard about it. It only has 26 episodes and a movie, that's not too much. There are some mecha series that seem interesting but some of them have thousands of episodes by now. Hard to know where to start.
NGE was interesting partly because it was a "deconstruction" as they say (of the mecha genre in particular it seems). But I can't always tell what it is it was deconstructing unless I read about it.

It's not a reconstruction, and the mecha aspects are really window-dressing. Evangelion is about loneliness and you should have figured this out from the hedgehog's dilemma metaphor. Also

*it's not a deconstruction

Well it's not just a deconstruction, but there's a lot of it in it.

Just go for the typical AnimeNewsNetwork/Reddit/Sup Forums favourites.

That's not me making a jab at you, but just a pattern I've seen. Most people who like 1 anime in particular but think most anime sucks normally share tastes with these guys. Kind of mainstream anime but not Pokemon/Studio Ghibli mainstream. Stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Death Note, TTGL (Which is very dumb but a lot of normie-ish types still love it). Oh and if you haven't seen any Ghibli movies then do that, they are genuinely good.

Any other EVA fags watch 3-Gatsu no Lion?
I really like the visuals and the story but the MC feels so dry compared to shinji

Here's a quick list while I'm here. This is just stuff people like you typically end up enjoying, they're not personal recommendations:

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Beserk
Bacanno
Trigun
Claymore
Black Lagoon
Death Note
Great Teacher Onizuka
Kino's Journey
Fullmetal Alchemist
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Akira (Movie)
Ghost in the Shell (Movie)
Ghost in the Shell SAC
FLCL
Paranoia Agent
Kaiji
Mushishi

Have a look through, if most of these are too 'dumb anime' for you then just stick with NGE and Ghibli movies.

I'd just avoid the series that continue on for too long, since the concise stories usually do it best by not ruining the atmosphere before the finish. Don't bother with the deconstruction meme before watching plenty of mecha anime yourself so you actually understand what that means. Eva is just a separate category considering its story revolving around a recreation of a creation myth, which it does weirdly well.

I'll just add to the list of Steins;Gate, it has an entertaining cast. Avoid the funimation dub (and sub), it especially destroys the MC.

>best anime ever

>not even in my top twenty favorite animes
Automatically drops it to 99.9% rating, so no not the best anime.
Into the trash it goes.

Cool thanks. I'll look into the suggestions in this thread.
I did watch a few anime movies. Akira, Ninja Scroll, GITS. They were fucking great. But expensive movies like that seem to generally be made with an international audience in mind. They're more westernized.
Anime series are harder to get into for me. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

Fuck off.

Read the Akira manga. They had to cut most of the story to fit it into a 2 hour movie.

This is old not updated list of shows liked:

Astro Boy
Baccano
Berserk
Big O
Black Jack
Boogiepop Phantom
Cowboy Bebop
Cromartie High School
Dennou Coil
Fist of the North Star
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost Hound
Gintama
Haibane Renmei
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Kaiba
Kaiji
Kino's Journey
Kemonozume
Monster
Mononoke
Paranoia Agent
Ping Pong
Samurai Champloo
Samurai Seven
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Space Dandy
Serial Experiment Lain
Spice and Wolf
The Tatami Galaxy
Trigun

I am definitely missing some old good shows and recent new ones.

No need to be so salty, Anonymous. What was your plan? Hit em with the ol' anime hipster shtick for internet superiority points? Tell him to lurk more even though he clearly has no interest in digging through hundreds of threads about anime he'll never watch? Time to leave that board culture shit back in 2012 where it belongs.

get bent faggo.

Kaiji is the GOAT

You need to not only leave this board but you NEED to commit sucide. This way of thinking is why germany is in the shithole and America is divided like fucking morons.

It's not old because I've literally just typed it up, there's no 'update'. Your list is too long, shit like Spice and Wolf and SZS isn't going to appeal to this guy - he'll want a concise list of crowd pleasers, not anime for people who already like anime.

You sound like the kind of elitist Sup Forumstard who joined in 2008 and thought Sup Forums was your edgy secret club. People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks, Anonymous.

someone post that shitty animated weeb webm of the elitist telling a bunch of people that the only anime they need to watch is E....VAN...GELLION. That shit funny as hell. What's the title of it?

guys

>creating the best anime ever
hahaha
hahaha
haaha

You're right, It's Attack on Titan

Fucking Christ this thread is filled with le ironic anime watchers. I knew Sup Forums had gotten bad but this is just pathetic. Fuck off.

>being this autistic

Look I'm sorry I just wanted a waifu like you guys and to be able to talk about her on social media.

Remove
>Claymore
>TTGL
>FLCL
>Kaiji
They're fucking garbage.
Remove
>Cromartie High School
>Gintama
>JoJo
>Kaiji
>Ping Pong
They're fucking trash and you're a complete Yuasafaggot.