The shit that doesn't get the respect it deserves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lEI0Oizktgc
youtube.com/watch?v=Pxi_-KyICRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(OP)

Sacred Treasures were a mistake

wish there was more series that makes the MC the villain at the end

I can't see it happening, it had a good ending and I dont know if its me being a shipper but the ending just felt unsatisfactory, like everyone got thier ending and the two houses are like"hey want some tea?" its just really wierd.

Of the generic battle shonen series these two are like 1 and A. They both pulled out all the cliches but they did them that made them enjoyable.

that shit got lucky, this masterpiece never got an anime adaptation.

This series pretty much did the best with the shounen tournament premise I've seen. You should also try out Saike Matashitemo by the same author. It's a great creative battle shounen much like Ueki but more character focused and takes more unique direction in the overall plot.

God-tier main cast.

God tier OP

youtube.com/watch?v=lEI0Oizktgc

Ueki's main cast is cool but Fukuchi outdid himself with Saike.

Definitely one of my favourite battle shounen despite being a bit generic.
Also, talents being relevant again in the final battle after being absent for so long is also a nice touch.

I don't believe you.

I remember this, should i read the manga or watch the anime?

The anime is for once a really well done piece of work. I recommend watching because the manga doesnt have the best scans aviable.

Thanks.

This. Only otaku-kami knows how many shitty main casts there and how small the numbers of of good-tier main casts is, not even talking about god-tiers.

Don't worry, I love Ueki too but the main cast of Saike is pretty much one of if not the greatest I've seen in any series, I can hardly blame Ueki for not matching up to it. They're both manga made by Fukuchi-sensei however, so it's easy to see why it's that good.

The protagonist Saike has some great development throughout the series, starting as an apathetic kid and going through all these different emotions as he finds his purpose in life as a hero. Then has an obsessive fixation on that purpose even.

Hizu starts out a pretty weird loner and it's interesting to see how Saike changes his life as they become friends. He also becomes heartwrenchingly loyal to Saike. Then there's Ana who can be quite overemotional but her passion also makes her really lovable and she's even a cool, spirited and clever fighter rivalling the guys(which is quite rare in shonen).

I could go on if you don't mind me making a longer post.

Yeah I've just finished reading this, I felt it was great but I just wished we got more closure on the father and mother's relationship

I think Fukuchi Tsubasa pretty much mastered the art of making likable characters. I wonder why more authors can't be like him.

Desert punk gets a lot of love and respect.

yeah no fuck this series, normally i can binge almost anything but this trash was insufferable. what's it like knowing black clover is better than this?

Came into this topic just to jizz about the OP and you've already beaten me to the punch. Good man, user.

I was having fun all the way to the very end. I don't remember a single bad episode.

The state of the anime reboot airing right now is just further evidence.

How about who's the best antagonist? Probably Robert for now but Johann might come on top once his deep backstory is revealed.

I'll never stop shilling Gash bell, a true masterpiece of battle shonen.

It has some god-tier OPs and EDs too.

I done this few days ago. Actually pretty good, i think that i have seen original anime in TV around 97 first, and then rewatched it around 10years ago.
Too bad new version is just slideshow with no logic.

As soon as the eyepatch tsundere shows up, I know that I was reading a pile of liquid shit

watching this reminds me of what a disgusting weeb i was in highschool

Its like it never even existed. Its really fucking not bad, and I'm a really picky reader

This was fun.

Wasn't this on adult swim for a bit?

THE POWER TO TURN SHITPOSTS INTO MEMES!

KIMI WA NANI WO NOZOMU NO

TETSU NO FOLGORE
MUTEKI FOLGORE

I love how this song also plays as the victory music sometimes.

Speaking of victory music
youtube.com/watch?v=Pxi_-KyICRE

THE POWER TO TURN TROLLING INTO BANNING!

> I'll never stop shilling Gash bell
You should never stop shilling Gash Bell. People need to realise that their beloved battle shounens are destined to at best reach only second place since Gash Bell exists.
Thats as concrete as the laws of nature.

Saike new chap when?

I watched like 8 episodes, it's really average so far, does it get any better?

>episodes

With it dubbed, I can leave it on and watch while multi-tasking.

Why do people still think animes are a good way to judge a story? Its not even done by the same person.
Read the manga, the anime got shit on in order to create some "shaun the sheep" kind of cartoon horeshit for kids.

I hope it comes out soon too. Though you should better keep a lookout on r/manga as Batoto shut down now. I heard the scanlators are resorting to using imgur now and may post the link on there.

Just what is Johann's oracle?

BIANCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

One of the things I like about Gash Bell is that it doesn't take place exclusively in Japan. That's usually the case with whatever manga with 'fate of the world depends on a battle royale style tournament' manga. Or maybe I should read more manga.

Gash Bell starts out silly and improves over time until a super-generic ending that still feels amazing. And the anime ends around the point when Gash Bell starts getting really good. You're missing out.

i top johann
we still don't know what his motives, but still..... we know he has a motive for all of everything he has done till now

god tier villain

probably time slip

Always shill gash Bell. I’ll do my part too.

Mankin >>>>>>>> Gash Bell
Always has, always will.

>Law of Ueki
Bretty gud until post-tournament arc where it shits the bed
>Beelzebub
Enjoyed it beginning to end, not sure where did Tamura got bored with or lost the way. Then we end with total shit like Hungry Marie
>Gash Bell
Shounen kino deserves a complete adaptation with bigger budget
>Doubutsu no Kuni
Another Raita masterpiece, anime when?

Raiku*

Fuck Robert, he is the most generic piece of shit I have seen. Only to turn around and become nice when it is convenient for the plot.

Law of Ueki is highly overrated. I enjoyed it, but it has serious flaws with the, what were they, God Powers? instead of keeping creative with their original powers.

The animal size in doubutsu no kuni is way off the scale, but somehow that made them even more fantastical. Their designs were also pretty cool. I like how Jyu went from being a total edgelord to a master troll.

I liked it, but they explained what was going on in battles a bit too much. Ueki explaining how he used the column to make a hole against Sano (and the rest of his plan), for instance.