Does Sup Forums secretly watch live action animes?

Why don't we secretly discuss it? Like pic related, it was good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KxNBNuEq7ZM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not animes

They either suck or Sup Forums didn't care much for the particular show that wasn't screwed up

Rule 4 newfag

Blue Blazes is over user, it is time to move on from 3DPD.

It's garbage, fuck off.

But you talk about anime toys here

Because they're shit.

I can't stand them
The direction is always super phony and unnatural, and I'm yet to see an actor who doesn't overact the fuck out of every single facial expression in a live action adaptation

I hate looking at real people

Nah.

japanese acting in a nutshell

I've seen a couple of kamen rider shows, can attest to that. sometimes one if not a couple border on cringe.

Some of the better Japanese movies I've seen were manga adaptation. Only thing is that they were good enough on their own that I didn't need to have read the manga to glean enjoyment from them.

>secretly
Why would I hide watching good live action adaptations?

You better not be talking shit about kamen rider

I'd like to say that's mostly due to it being a show for five year olds, but I'm honestly not familiar enough with other forms of Japanese television to argue that it's not all like that.

The most I can say is that some shows from the 70s I saw some raws of were pretty alright.

underage detected

subs fuckin where

This guy is right, though. The plural is just anime, not animes.

>animes

Showa> Heisei

I wacthed Prison School. The beebs weren't big enough.

>live action
japs suck at acting
thats just a fact of nature

oh fuck this is already out?

SkewedS released some .ass files a while ago.

From time to time.
Like Ichi the Killer and Kamisama no Iutoori adaptations made me read the manga and I don't regret it a single bit.
Wanted to watch Relife as well, but decided not to, since there will be OVAs.

I enjoy everything Yuichi Fukuda related.

I watch Toku too

Anyone watched Blade of the immortal? What parts did it adapt?
I'd like to get in, but I haven't finished manga yet.

some movies have decent acting

The production value for this show is absurdly poor. Are they all this bad?

I still like it.

The only one I ever liked was GTO from 1999. Top tier drama but not really anything like the manga.

The remake had no soul

God that was so bad and so good. I always wonder why a big name like Sailor Moon had such a shit budget. I mean, I can forgive them reusing monster suits from other shows, like the mooks/putties from Zyuranger/Power Rangers. But they didn't even have proper sound equipment or bother over-dubbing scenes so there were times where they'd be trying to speak over the sound of a helicopter flying overhead and it was just ridiculous.

>I'm yet to see an actor who doesn't overact the fuck out of every single facial expression in a live action adaptation
Crows Zero was pretty good in that regard. All the characters are delinquent punks either being loud and obnoxious and acting like hot shit or deadpan, expressionless motherfuckers that can hide their lack of acting skills.

I loved the live action Yatterman.

The only live action anime and manga adaptations I've watched are the ones Takashi Miike and Sion Sono have directed. The Tokyo Tribe movie is a huge guilty pleasure for me.

Live action is like the most advanced form of cosplay possible in real life like the Saki Live Action.

They can be great like Nodame Live Action but god awful like the Negima Live Action.

Watched a few live action adaptations. Didn't enjoy any of them.

Except ImoCho, I fapped so hard.

Not recently. Korean dramas > Japanese. In fact even Chinese shows are.

>even chinese shows
Hey buddy, the wuxi/a/ board is two blocks down.

Have you seen the Sangatsu no Lion movies? They were pretty good IMO. Kamiki Ryuunosuke is one of the three non-garbage actors in Japanese cinema and it probably helps that he does high profile VA roles in anime movies too.

fuck you

I've watched a couple. I like the hammy acting
Time Taxi
No Dropping Out
Samurai Gourmet
Final Fantasy 14: Dad of Light
Wild Mom

I knew there was cutie honie live action

But... are there any debiruman live action?

>But... are there any debiruman live action?

Yes. It was so terrible it killed its director.

35歳の高校生 is top tier anime and Ayako is kakkoii. This one actually felt like watching an anime without being anime

Only the lewd ones are worth it.
youtu.be/KxNBNuEq7ZM

So... anyone watching the new Video Girl Ai?
How is it?

The actor they got for bigguy is awful. They couldn't find an actual giant?

All the people in Japan that are 6 feet tall or over are usually also stick figures or way too handsome.

Sounds like The Crow.

Well then use forced perspective, jeez. That guy is simply not big enough to be bigguy.

Nah, The Crow was actually good. Some idiot just loaded the prop gun incorrectly.

this was a perfect example of "so bad it's good"
(oh, and Beryl's servants were legit better than in the anime and manga)

TV version was underrated. They gave him a street-wise loli sidekick to make it not-dark enough for tv. Then they introduced a butch she-The-Crow who went around mind raping people.

Wait, I've got it. Everyone else is just played by a normal actor, but Takeo is an enormous CGI model.

It is kind of unreasonable to expect makeup to reproduce his unearthly rugged handsomeness.

Nah, there's nothing weird about it japanese acting. If anything it's western acting that seems expressionless, stilted and weird. Are westerners this reserved and boring irl?

He needs bigger arms

This too. That guy is just unsuitable to the role.

Was it kino?

>Kodoku no Comfy
my nignog

I watched Tokyo Gore Police a couple of days and it felt like a Go Nagai fanfiction made live action.

Alright, I'll bite. Must be something special if the lead actor even has a figure made of him in character.

>I'll bite
fuck off carlos

I am sorry, I don't get your post.

Chew are looking for a bad joke that just isn't there, pal.

>Does Sup Forums secretly watch live action animes?
I saw the GTO live action. It was pretty cool.

Is this a Toku thread?

>Why don't we secretly discuss it?

Because they are usually incredibly bad and have nothing to do with the source material. Pic related, it's Deus from the live action Mirai Nikki.

I didn't even know it existed. Now I have something to watch

See no problem with it.

OK.

Was the FMA movie any good?

The only one I've watched was the Rurouni Kenshin trilogy.

That set looks gorgeous honestly.

Been planning on watching it since I'm a Yu Aoi fan. Are the movies good?

I watched the JoJo live action. It was okay

Beck Live Action was pretty good desu.

because most of Sup Forums is crossboarders and casuals or dont know japanese

Holy shit I remember this. Parts of this movie are literally lesbian JAV, like with blurred vaginas and everything.

Terraformars was so bad it's good, Saki was ok and they casted top slut for Hisa, that's all I remember, I'm more of toku guy.

I watched Shitsuren Chocolatier, which is based on a manga. But after I watched Parasyte which had the same goddamn soundtrack and I could not take it seriously.

I remember that, it had some proper love polygons.

I remember once I got banned because I post Okitegami live action

feels bad man having incompetent mod

Sometimes

The only good one I've seen is Hentai Kamen because shitty over the top acting actually fits there.

I don't watch LA but this casting looks spot on, or at least appearance

they're decent. Not the greatest but a decent watch

It just dawned on me that Ryohei Suzuki plays both Hentai Kamen and Takeo in Ore Monogatari. And that he's also Zenigata in that live-action TV Lupin spinoff nobody bothered subbing.

Nodame was good but they fucked up with the dubbing of the french side characters.

Fuck that shit, I hated 90% the class

>animes
Fuck off.

Netflix are adding the FMA live action movie next month

Has anybody seen it yet?

I tried live versions of Cromartie and Ouran. They were pretty meh.

Based Ueno Juri

> 35 year old high school
wait what...am pretty sure this is a H douj

I watch tokusatsu and I saw few dramas before.

Do students really fucking dress like this in Japan